Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

To be fair, I think most heroes were making exceptions when it came to killing Skrulls.

(There was also the point where he felt driven to assassinating Osborn during Dark Reign, but that's pretty much where his Ronin persona reached its peak).

Yeah, it wasn't just the Skrulls which he killed on multiple occasions as Ronin, not just when he had that breakdown, much like the hand ninja's where the team agreed they probably had no choice.
    Let's not forget that Clint also blew up an entire alien Kree ship when he sacrificed himself in Avengers disassembled and I'm pretty sure during Avengers Assemble he shot to kill when they were inside the enemy spacecrafts hangar.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Hawkeye has always been great to me - Maico (who I do a podcast with) disagrees with me - but I always say - here's a guy with no powers standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

And he really shined in West Coast Avengers, then again later, in Thunderbolts.

Since then I feel like people miss the mark with him (for my tastes).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Hawkeye has always been great to me - Maico (who I do a podcast with) disagrees with me - but I always say - here's a guy with no powers standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

In agreement with you about Clint, but don't forget his performance from JLA/Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post

If you like those you'll probably also like McCann's "Hawkeye Avenging Archer" which collects New Avengers the Reunion, Hawkeye and Mockingbird, Widowmaker and Blindspot and are the most "classic" interpretation of Hawkeye post Ronin but prior to Hawkguy.

Then there is the 2003 solo by Nicieza which is pretty macho but also very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 03-07-2021 at 03:50 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    If you like those you'll probably also like McCann's "Hawkeye Avenging Archer" which collects New Avengers the Reunion, Hawkeye and Mockingbird, Widowmaker and Blindspot and are the most "classic" interpretation of Hawkeye post Ronin but prior to Hawkguy.

Then there is the 2003 solo by Nicieza which is pretty macho but also very enjoyable.
    I will have to check that out. I am pretty sure I got the 2003 Nicieza - as I am a fan of most of what he writes.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Can't wait for the Clint DLC update on March 18th.

I've been collecting some Hawkeye TPBs lately. I've collected Occupy Avengers Vol 1 and 2, and Ultimate Hawkeye. I've ordered Lemire and Avenging Archer TPBs. I've collected the original West Coast Avengers Vols 1, 2 and 3, and waiting for the 4th one (Vision Quest).

I've started officially watching Avengers Assemble from the beginning (only the first 3 eps) and this Clint version apparently ran away from SHIELD? Probably on bad terms because when he reunited with Natasha in the first episode, Natasha was looking directly at him and he pointedly turned away. It was an interesting interaction. And he was the first one to get captured by the Phantom creatures in ep 3, lame lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I've started officially watching Avengers Assemble from the beginning (only the first 3 eps) and this Clint version apparently ran away from SHIELD? Probably on bad terms because when he reunited with Natasha in the first episode, Natasha was looking directly at him and he pointedly turned away. It was an interesting interaction. And he was the first one to get captured by the Phantom creatures in ep 3, lame lol.
    I think the implication was that he either quit or was kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Can't wait for the Clint DLC update on March 18th.

I've been collecting some Hawkeye TPBs lately. I've collected Occupy Avengers Vol 1 and 2, and Ultimate Hawkeye. I've ordered Lemire and Avenging Archer TPBs. I've collected the original West Coast Avengers Vols 1, 2 and 3, and waiting for the 4th one (Vision Quest).

I like to view Avengers Assemble as a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It makes sense with Clint not being on good terms with SHIELD since they thought he was a traitor and locked him up. Even when his name was cleared he chose the Avengers 'cause that wasn't something he was getting over easily. I'm also in the minority here in that I love Avengers Assemble and think Clint is the best part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I like to view Avengers Assemble as a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It makes sense with Clint not being on good terms with SHIELD since they thought he was a traitor and locked him up. Even when his name was cleared he chose the Avengers 'cause that wasn't something he was getting over easily. I'm also in the minority here in that I love Avengers Assemble and think Clint is the best part of it.
    Admittedly for me AA Hawkeye was my least favorite character in the whole show and quite possibly my least favorite interpretation of Clint so I could never imagine him having been EMH Hawkeye, AKA Best Hawkeye, at all .

I do believe it was meant to be a loose continuation of EMH. Until it wasn't.

My Twitter

Mighty Member

I remember the last time Clint has a major role in a Marvel Event is the " Secret Empire". The next few events onward he was completely absent or only make a cameo only.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I remember the last time Clint has a major role in a Marvel Event is the " Secret Empire". The next few events onward he was completely absent or only make a cameo only.
    He had a one-shot in Absolute Carnage. Or maybe it was a story in a one-shot.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I'm still hoping for a solo Hawkeye comic run this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I do believe it was meant to be a loose continuation of EMH. Until it wasn't.
    Jeph Loeb called it a continuation and they did a flashback with the EMH designs as a reference, but I don't think it was ever seriously intended as a continuation.