Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I remember the last time Clint has a major role in a Marvel Event is the " Secret Empire". The next few events onward he was completely absent or only make a cameo only.
    There was Avengers No Road Home/No Surrender but I definitely don't blame you for forgetting those. Neither was memorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeph Loeb called it a continuation and they did a flashback with the EMH designs as a reference, but I don't think it was ever seriously intended as a continuation.
    Agreed. And I had forgotten all about the flashback.
    It was probably a continuation to a "similar" story except without anything that would contradict its successor.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I'm still hoping for a solo Hawkeye comic run this year.
    I'm actually hoping they lay off the solos for him for a while and give him a prominent role in a major team book instead. So many of Clint's relationships feel like they've deteriorated or been forgotten, and I would love to see him actually get to build some of those back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I'm still hoping for a solo Hawkeye comic run this year.
    I'm actually hoping they lay off the solos for him for a while and give him a prominent role in a major team book instead. So many of Clint's relationships feel like they've deteriorated or been forgotten, and I would love to see him actually get to build some of those back up again.
    In agreement with both of you. And hopefully, he'll be doing it while wearing his classic threads...

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-31-2021 at 07:35 PM.

I think it's reasonable that they'll probably do something with Clint and Kate for Netflix synergy.

I'd prefer Clint solo than with Kate any day, but it seems the most likely direction at the moment.

I think it's reasonable that they'll probably do something with Clint and Kate for Netflix synergy.

I'd prefer Clint solo than with Kate any day, but it seems the most likely direction at the moment.
    Same. Not overly into #TeamHawkeye BUT both of them in a larger team on the other hand is something we only started to explore in West Coast Avengers and could be a treat if done right.

But ideally both of them stare in different teams.
    Unfortunately it's been forever since I read any teamvooks so I don't even know in which one either of them would fit right now.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Same. Not overly into #TeamHawkeye BUT both of them in a larger team on the other hand is something we only started to explore in West Coast Avengers and could be a treat if done right.

But ideally both of them stare in different teams.
    Unfortunately it's been forever since I read any teamvooks so I don't even know in which one either of them would fit right now.
    You are absolute right, bringing two Hawkeyes in the same team is considering a BAD IDEA since Kate would obvious poke fun at Clint Barton for being a " USELESS HAWKEYE" when in reality he pretend to act dumb since he was average smart. It's like insult Superman for being too " EDGY AND GIMMICK DARK" or Green Arrow for being " STUPID ASSHOLES" . Moreover, it's also insult for the longtime reader.

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    You are absolute right, bringing two Hawkeyes in the same team is considering a BAD IDEA since Kate would obvious poke fun at Clint Barton for being a " USELESS HAWKEYE" when in reality he pretend to act dumb since he was average smart. It's like insult Superman for being too " EDGY AND GIMMICK DARK" or Green Arrow for being " STUPID ASSHOLES" . Moreover, it's also insult for the longtime reader.
    For sure, they’ll go for that direction. Even if it was most probably done for humour, Duggan’s Hawkeye vs Deadpool and Thompson’s Hawkeye had Kate kept reiterating how she’s the better Hawkeye, even in front of Clint (with him just ignoring her). I think Duggan had Deadpool acknowledging that comment too. We know the writers intend it to be a funny running gag but we know some fans are going to make use that ‘running gag’ to be as insufferably annoying to Clint fans as possible. I feel like most casuals’ knowledge about 616 Clint is the modern one from Fraction’s run onwards which is just sad...and painful.

For sure, they’ll go for that direction. Even if it was most probably done for humour, Duggan’s Hawkeye vs Deadpool and Thompson’s Hawkeye had Kate kept reiterating how she’s the better Hawkeye, even in front of Clint (with him just ignoring her). I think Duggan had Deadpool acknowledging that comment too. We know the writers intend it to be a funny running gag but we know some fans are going to make use that ‘running gag’ to be as insufferably annoying to Clint fans as possible. I feel like most casuals’ knowledge about 616 Clint is the modern one from Fraction’s run onwards which is just sad...and painful.
    Then there is Jeff Lemire who took it at face value...

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

I love it! I am not planning to get very many of these Heroes Reborn tie-ins, but I knew I had to get this one, with alternate Clint and Scott Lang and Zemo! It just looks too cool to pass up.

Those are some cool designs for evil Clint. It actually looks like something I could imagine regular Clint developing if FREEFALL had continued past its 6 issue run and Clint kept on that darker path.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Then there is Jeff Lemire who took it at face value...
    Oh boo, I ordered that comic book because of my obsession to collect all the solo Hawkeye runs. Seems that I won't enjoy it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I love it! I am not planning to get very many of these Heroes Reborn tie-ins, but I knew I had to get this one, with alternate Clint and Scott Lang and Zemo! It just looks too cool to pass up.

Those are some cool designs for evil Clint. It actually looks like something I could imagine regular Clint developing if FREEFALL had continued past its 6 issue run and Clint kept on that darker path.
    Yeah, replace the red parts with blue (look at my new avatar ) and give the coats bottom hem a straight cut rather than a vampirey one and I could totally see that being his new default Outfit.
    Oh boo, I ordered that comic book because of my obsession to collect all the solo Hawkeye runs. Seems that I won't enjoy it XD
    I mean maybe you will!
    Barney is really good in it if nothing else.

My Twitter

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Love the Avengers: United They stand vibes on that.

Astonishing Member

It might be interesting to finally see Hawkeye and Black Cat working together...

Clint shows up in Spider-woman #10.
    Not a huge role by any means but interestingly enough he is spoilers:
    accompanied by the night nurse once more
    end of spoilers

My Twitter