Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    This reminds me of some concept art for the Aja suit that still kept the cowl.

I get why they didn't go for it, but I think it would've saved a lot of the problems that design has had post-Fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of some concept art for the Aja suit that still kept the cowl.

I get why they didn't go for it, but I think it would've saved a lot of the problems that design has had post-Fraction.
    Oh I'll have to remember to track that one down some time then.
    I only remember one where he wore some sort of beanie.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I quite like no. 1 tbh and it's reminiscent of Bucky's and Nightwing's eyemask.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It might be interesting to finally see Hawkeye and Black Cat working together...
    omg I had something to in mind to say about Duggan's Hawkeye vs Deadpool and your comment made me remember it. I was surprised that Duggan didn't take the opportunity to pair Black Cat and Hawkeye up romantically when Hawkeye was captured by her. and ngl they would've made an interesting couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I quite like no. 1 tbh and it's reminiscent of Bucky's and Nightwing's eyemask.

omg I had something to in mind to say about Duggan's Hawkeye vs Deadpool and your comment made me remember it. I was surprised that Duggan didn't take the opportunity to pair Black Cat and Hawkeye up romantically when Hawkeye was captured by her. and ngl they would've made an interesting couple.
    I don't think the classic domino mask is his style at all tbh.

And the only upside I would have seen to Black Cat X Clint in the context of that specific story is that Kate would have been like "Oh you've got to be kidding me" which could be amusing.

Not saying you couldn't make that work in a story that's either twice as long or doesn't feature two more key players.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Marvel's Avengers (the Game) Hawkeye DLC "review":

Gameplay: Fun as hell, almost as fun as with Natasha who was up until the two DLC's miles ahead of everyone else.
    Story: It's weird that the support cast is made up of Kate and future Clint mostly. The characterization is much more Hawkguy-is than expected but bitter old Man Clint serves as a good opposite to that.
    Maestro's role is... Minimal.
    Outfits: The Classic one actually looks better in motion than I expected.
    Most outfits don't look great though and there's surprisingly few where he doesn't have that shaved head.

My Twitter

Gameplay: Fun as hell, almost as fun as with Natasha who was up until the two DLC's miles ahead of everyone else.
    Story: It's weird that the support cast is made up of Kate and future Clint mostly. The characterization is much more Hawkguy-is than expected but bitter old Man Clint serves as a good opposite to that.
    Most outfits don't look great though and there's surprisingly few where he doesn't have that shaved head.
    Yeah, I saw where they actually had some of the tenants from the Fraction run show up (like Grill) which was neat from a fidelity standpoint even if I'm so over Hawkguy .

Clint's voice sounds a little too generic to me, though.

It must've been fun to switch between the sword and bow & arrow while he was wearing his civvies.

Yeah, I saw where they actually had some of the tenants from the Fraction run show up (like Grill) which was neat from a fidelity standpoint even if I'm so over Hawkguy .

Troy Baker should've voiced Clint instead of Bruce, tbh.

interestingly enough the voice acting is different during combat and crew interactions on the chimera where it seems like the VA actually had some fun with it.

It must've been fun to switch between the sword and bow & arrow while he was wearing his civvies.

The sword gameplay is fun in general but his heavy multi-arrow bow-attack combo you can unlock is so satisfying and beyond effective especially if you get to spam the hell out of it I'm almost certain they'll have to nerve it.

Haven't gotten really into the other two arrow types you can switch to yet.
    The explosive ones you can detonate are kind of fun when you stick like 10 of them into an enemies face before detonating them but in the time it takes to get there you could have taken down that guy at least twice with normal arrows.
    And the shock arrows who I think are meant for crowd control just don't do enough damage to be viable I feel like.

Best traversel in the game though: it mixes Kamala's and Nat's grapple hook with Steve's wallrun which is just really all you can hope for.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 03-19-2021 at 01:07 AM.

My Twitter

I'm happy Troy's not playing Clint anymore, but if anyone should've played Hawkeye it's Chris Cox.

I'm happy Troy's not playing Clint anymore, but if anyone should've played Hawkeye it's Chris Cox.
    Why? You don't like Troy Baker?

Why? You don't like Troy Baker?
    Iirc he likes him but not for Clint.
    We've had that topic one or two times in the past

My Twitter

Yeah, I think Troy's an amazing VA but his Hawkeye was just grating to me.

Part of it was the writing but his performance didn't always save it either. But he wasn't the only one with that problem.

Yeah, I think Troy's an amazing VA but his Hawkeye was just grating to me.

Part of it was the writing but his performance didn't always save it either. But he wasn't the only one with that problem.
    Aww, that's a shame. I really love Troy as Hawkeye and so far, I'm enjoying the Avengers Assemble cartoon. I had a problem with Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man at first but now his voice is growing on me. I just finished watching the Hyperion episode where there was a funny running gag about multiple people winking at Hawkeye. It also had Hawkeye using his distraction arrow for the first time. I know AA is not a lot of people's cup of tea but I love it for what it is.

Since we were speaking of the characterization/voice in the Avengers game.

Everything about this monologue IS spot on for Hawkeye, lmao.
    https://twitter.com/aw_hawkeye/statu...158866434?s=09

My Twitter

Aww, that's a shame. I really love Troy as Hawkeye and so far, I'm enjoying the Avengers Assemble cartoon. I had a problem with Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man at first but now his voice is growing on me. I just finished watching the Hyperion episode where there was a funny running gag about multiple people winking at Hawkeye. It also had Hawkeye using his distraction arrow for the first time. I know AA is not a lot of people's cup of tea but I love it for what it is.
    I agree, I love it too. I think more people would probably enjoy Avengers Assemble if Earth's Mightiest Heroes hadn't preceded it. Everyone loved EMH so much that when it was replaced by AA a lot of people already made up their mind to hate it. Not saying there's not genuine criticism for it, and I do think it took at least half a season or more to find its footing, but if you take it separately as it is it's a fun show, but comparing it to EMH it pales.

I also had an issue with Tony's voice. There's unnatural pauses and inflections that felt like he was reading the lines to me.