Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least the electrocution just weakened her after a drawn out fight instead of killing her. I think that's much more respectful by comparison.
    Bread crums shouldn't be our aim. And what they had was barely a fight. Diana was already dominating her while holding(Diana didn't throw one punch against her) And then electrocution did its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Bread crums shouldn't be our aim. And what they had was barely a fight. Diana was already dominating her while holding(Diana didn't throw one punch against her) And then electrocution did its thing.
    To be honest it felt like they were pretty even and Diana was just doing her best to fend her off. I think it was because Barbara was her friend that she didn't try to go super aggressive against her.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

To be honest it felt like they were pretty even and Diana was just doing her best to fend her off. I think it was because Barbara was her friend that she didn't try to go super aggressive against her.
    If they were equal. WW wouldn't have been able to fight her off while holding back. Or restrain her. And Cheetah wouldn't go down by electricity if she was her equal, since Diana wasn't affected by it. Barbra wished to be like her, her power should have been on par but it wasn't. This is what happens when a script is weak.

Priscilla and Barbara from Wonder Woman ‘77

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Priscilla and Barbara from Wonder Woman ‘77

It's a shame Priscilla never appeared in the actual series. Or any of the other costumed villains for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's a shame Priscilla never appeared in the actual series. Or any of the other costumed villains for that matter.
    Especially since by comic book villains standards or the later Cheetahs, a woman in a cheetah costume wouldn't exactly be out of a 70s tv show budget.

Fantastic Member

Fantastic Member

Despite being a video game, I still think this is the best media adaptation of Barbara through and through. To her being smart and cunning with her own motives to actually being godly powerful (defeating Supergirl and pushing her shoulder back in without a fret? Badass!) to most importantly being British.

In my mind the Injustice game, JL Doomed and Batman the Brave and the Bold are the only media adaptations that seriously did her justice and not humiliate/undermine/nerf her.

I haven’t seen WW84 yet but from what it sounds like Cheetah was pretty underutilized and again nerfed. Kinda hoping that this was more of an introduction to Barbara Minerva personally and what she’s capable of, and have the third film bring in Circe who turns her into an even more powerful and permanent Cheetah form (like the comics) so she can be a more viable threat and central villain.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

Despite being a video game, I still think this is the best media adaptation of Barbara through and through. To her being smart and cunning with her own motives to actually being godly powerful (defeating Supergirl and pushing her shoulder back in without a fret? Badass!) to most importantly being British.
    Yeah, she was a pleasant surprise in that game. I guess the devs realized just how horrible their version of Wonder Wiman is, so they had to give the fans a decent Cheetah at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Is that supposed to be Etta in the back or a Holiday Girl...?

Is that supposed to be Etta in the back or a Holiday Girl...?
    Etta I’d assume since it’s a riff of the cover of Cheetah’s first appearance and the colors match.

Yeah, that's such a bad Lego Etta. They weren't even trying, and that set is $40! Cheetah and Wonder Woman seem identical to the ones that were released individually, so even though I'm a Cheetah superfan (and that display would be so cool to put on a shelf), I passed on that. If Etta looked better, I would've made the plunge.