Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The more I think about the way Barbara becomes Cheetah in the movie the more I dislike it. Max gives her someone's rage and prowess and that turned her into a cat creature? It makes no sense! Unless cats are also allowed to make wishes and he took the rage and prowess from an actual cheetah

There was a way to have her transformation make sense without changing the story too much. Barbara mentioned she's a cryptozoologist in her first scene with Diana. Why not just roll with it? She's obsessed with mythical creatures, particularly werecats, and when Max asks her what she wants she exchanges her original wish for becoming a werecat herself. Why would she want to stop being human? Let's say after spending some time as a pseudo demi-god she starts seeing all humans as weak and beneath her and wants to be nothing like them. It's a bit New 52-ish, but I think it's still better than turning into a cat for no reason.

Golden Age Priscilla:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Neat .

I remember how Debbie Domaine's introduction had her in a bikini...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The more I think about the way Barbara becomes Cheetah in the movie the more I dislike it. Max gives her someone's rage and prowess and that turned her into a cat creature? It makes no sense! Unless cats are also allowed to make wishes and he took the rage and prowess from an actual cheetah

There was a way to have her transformation make sense without changing the story too much. Barbara mentioned she's a cryptozoologist in her first scene with Diana. Why not just roll with it? She's obsessed with mythical creatures, particularly werecats, and when Max asks her what she wants she exchanges her original wish for becoming a werecat herself. Why would she want to stop being human? Let's say after spending some time as a pseudo demi-god she starts seeing all humans as weak and beneath her and wants to be nothing like them. It's a bit New 52-ish, but I think it's still better than turning into a cat for no reason.
    I thought the cheetah statue in the museum was additional foreshadowing. I think she wanted to surpass Diana, even if meant losing more of her humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Bread crums shouldn't be our aim. And what they had was barely a fight. Diana was already dominating her while holding(Diana didn't throw one punch against her) And then electrocution did its thing.
    To be fair in the first movie Ares didn't even put a bruise on Diana. Seriously, re-watch the fight between them, he's knocking her around but he's not really doing any damage, and Diana was new to her God powers as well and she wasn't even in a full suit if armor.

To fight Cheetah, Diana had to wear the Golden Armor and even then Cheetah tore the wings off. (I wish she had torn more of the armor itself off to justify why it cant be used again...) At least they made it seem like if Diana wasn't fully armored, taking down Cheetah would have been a lot more difficult. Plus Diana does hit Cheetah a few times when they where swinging in the air. She gave her a backhanded fist to the jaw and even kicks her off but none of it really hurts Cheetah and barley slows her down. She also knocked Cheetah back with the wings, and again Cheetah was just fine.

Cheetah was a super noob in their final fight and was just going on pure animal instinct with almost no experience and she did a decent job. (She only had superpowers for like, 3 days?)

As for the electrocution, it was a high voltage wire designed to power a military base, not a police taser. I agree it's not the most exciting way to be taken out, especially since she has demigod powers similar to Diana, but the fact that it only stuns her for 2 seconds and she suffers no burns or lasting damage of any kind show's her durability. And Ares was killed by his own lighting being redirected back at him in the final of the first film.

It's possible Cheetah doesn't even know what she's capable of yet, it took Diana 60 years to learn how to fly after all.

But since it seems likely she will return for the 3rd Wonder Woman movie, which Patty already confirmed will have a contemporary setting, we could see a much more dangerous Cheetah with 40 years of experience to back her up this time.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-18-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

It's possible that her transformation into Cheetah in WW84 was inevitable and the "rage and prowess" transfer just sped it up. After all, her hair was growing really fast already, her burnet roots where stilling out several inches at the end of the film and she only had made the wish a few days ago. She was also starting to move a lot more animal like.

She wished to be "like" Diana but also wished to be "Special" basically the stone turned her into a demigod but not a one-to-one copy of Wonder Woman. So it would make sense that she has some of her own unique powers while also lacking certain powers Diana has. It also took Diana 60 years to learn she could even fly, so maybe Barbara could always transform into Cheetah and just needed help for the first transformation. But who knows, maybe Barbara just raged and hulked-out into Cheetah, lol.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-18-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Default Cheetah at the forefront of Wonder Woman's rouge gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    I find it interesting how Barbara and Pricilla seem to be merging as characters with each passing origin.

Barbara actually had a lot of overlap with Pricilla in the beginning during post-crisis:
    -Both pretended to be her friend
    -Both had to put on cheetah skins to assume their Cheetah identity
    -Both where rich
    -Both wanted the Golden Griddle

But their personalities were different. Pricilla was always painted with more of a sympathetic angle than Barbara, someone who was tragic and struggled to love herself. While Barbara was cruel and power-hungry and was prone to violence long before she became Cheetah. But now Barbara has that sympathetic angle and is starting to be depicted with Pricilla's motivation for become Cheetah, which is jealously over Diana. Both the movie, cartoon and even her new comic Rebirth origin have this angle.

And of course, the famous depiction of Pricilla is Justice (2005) defiantly has similarities to Barbara, using the gods to get her powers and all that.

The merging of their characters It's just something I find interesting. I actually don't mind it, I think they compliment what the other lacked.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Holy ****!!! Was I the only one who found that Cheetah/Diana battle from the Superhero Girls webisode more thrilling and pulse-pounding that the one we got in Wonder Woman 1984?

That movie would have been so much better if it centered on the friendship between Diana and Barbara and it's disintegration culminating in the two becoming bitter enemies Max as the temporary fake out villain.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I find it interesting how Barbara and Pricilla seem to be merging as characters with each passing origin.

Barbara actually had a lot of overlap with Pricilla in the beginning during post-crisis:
    -Both pretended to be her friend
    -Both had to put on cheetah skins to assume their Cheetah identity
    -Both where rich
    -Both wanted the Golden Griddle

But their personalities were different. Pricilla was always painted with more of a sympathetic angle than Barbara, someone who was tragic and struggled to love herself. While Barbara was cruel and power-hungry and was prone to violence long before she became Cheetah. But now Barbara has that sympathetic angle and is starting to be depicted with Pricilla's motivation for become Cheetah, which is jealously over Diana. Both the movie, cartoon and even her new comic Rebirth origin have this angle.

And of course, the famous depiction of Pricilla is Justice (2005) defiantly has similarities to Barbara, using the gods to get her powers and all that.

The merging of their characters It's just something I find interesting. I actually don't mind it, I think they compliment what the other lacked.
    Barbara was rich in her introductory story, she was also after Diana's lasso. Those parts weren't recent additions to her story.

Though I agree she has attained Pricilla's sympathetic side plus her blonde hair.

I admit though, I am kind of tired of female villains trending towards anti-hero or becoming too sympathetic. Can't there be one female villains whose just evil to the bone?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That movie would have been so much better if it centered on the friendship between Diana and Barbara and it's disintegration culminating in the two becoming bitter enemies Max as the temporary fake out villain.

Barbara was rich in her introductory story, she was also after Diana's lasso. Those parts weren't recent additions to her story.

Though I agree she has attained Pricilla's sympathetic side plus her blonde hair.

I admit though, I am kind of tired of female villains trending towards anti-hero or becoming too sympathetic. Can't there be one female villains whose just evil to the bone?
    Yes, that list I made was the comparison between Pricilla and post-crisis Barbara (the George Perez, Barbara). I was just listing how her first origin already had a lot of comparisons with Pricilla even before her Rebirth origin made her sympathetic.

Is there one popular male villain whose evil to the bone? They even gave Joker multiple sympathetic backstories.

Although I do like my cackling Maleficent's now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Holy ****!!! Was I the only one who found that Cheetah/Diana battle from the Superhero Girls webisode more thrilling and pulse-pounding that the one we got in Wonder Woman 1984?
    I loved this fight! Too bad they only have the one right now. :/

Hopefully in both the movie and the cartoon Cheetah will get a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I prefer Rebirth Barbara but yeah that is something I'll give Perez's Post-Crisis Barbara over her in that I kind of liked how, aside from maybe a nice moment or two, she was largely evil to her core. She wasn't really handled well after Perez's run for the most part but I could buy her standing alongside Joker and Lex.