Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Just caught up on DCeased Dead Planet and 6 issues in and Cassie is pretty much a gloried extra with a few lines here or there but not being allowed to really do anything beyond looking after others. As a member of the Trinity for the book, its very disappointing.
    Hooking her and Damian up was also kind of random.

  2. #17
    Fantastic Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hooking her and Damian up was also kind of random.
    It really was. All of it is a shame this is likely the last time we'll see her as Wonder Woman.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It really was. All of it is a shame this is likely the last time we'll see her as Wonder Woman.
    She has more appearances as Wonder Woman than Donna, no? I remember this and the Future Titans for Cassie, but Donna can only remember Donna as WW during the lost year of 52.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hooking her and Damian up was also kind of random.
    What’s up with DC trying to hook up Daiman with older females like Raven and Cassie?

  5. #20
    Fantastic Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She has more appearances as Wonder Woman than Donna, no? I remember this and the Future Titans for Cassie, but Donna can only remember Donna as WW during the lost year of 52.
    Im sure she does but she's never really focused on when she is WW or she's evil.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What’s up with DC trying to hook up Daiman with older females like Raven and Cassie?
    To be fair, both are alternate timelines. Raven dislikes him and he never met Cassie(well he met an alt future version of her) in current continuity.

    Damian is one of those characters who shouldn't be shipped with anyone, he's got way too much baggage. His counterpart in KC seemed fairly well-adjusted, which is why he wound up with Dick's daughter, Nightstar.

    Though if Damian ever becomes well adjusted in main canon and Nightstar shows up, I would not oppose that ship.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It really was. All of it is a shame this is likely the last time we'll see her as Wonder Woman.
    Given the ending of Dead Planet #7 today I doubt that, I have a feeling she will be back.

    And I will say having read the whole series, Cassie at least got a lot more to do then Hawkgirl or Mera.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-19-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Given the ending of Dead Planet #7 today I doubt that, I have a feeling she will be back.

    And I will say having read the whole series, Cassie at least got a lot more to do then Hawkgirl or Mera.
    Thatís not really saying much, especially when the main thing Taylor thought of doing with her was arm candy for a Batman.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Has Cassie ever stated what she wants to do as a civilian career?

    Donna was a photographer after college.

    And if Cassie becoming college age, I’m curious what she’ll major in. Her mom is an archeologist/teacher/curator isn’t she?

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Given the ending of Dead Planet #7 today I doubt that, I have a feeling she will be back.

    And I will say having read the whole series, Cassie at least got a lot more to do then Hawkgirl or Mera.
    She only got "more" is because of her relationship with Daimen and her being Wonder Woman. But considering what Batman and Superman got to do throughout the 7 issues, she barely got to do anything. She spent a lot times in the background and out of focus.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has Cassie ever stated what she wants to do as a civilian career?

    Donna was a photographer after college.

    And if Cassie becoming college age, I’m curious what she’ll major in. Her mom is an archeologist/teacher/curator isn’t she?
    Cassie seems to have more than a little skill in that regard, but also ... inside info. She's been places and seen things most never even heard of. Heck she can actually go and ask Zeus to tell her about things.

  12. #27
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,385

    Default

    No she can't. After the events of Young Justice #19, they're on the outs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  13. #28
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,385

    Default

    lol - Marvel just announced a Champions tie-in for their Heroes Reborn event that stars the Squadron Supreme. And the Young Squadron's version of Kamala Khan (usually Ms. Marvel) seems to be inspired by Cassie Sandsmark.
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ns-spider-man/
    Kamala Khan doesn't look up to Captain Marvel but becomes the super-warrior Girl Power after obtaining an artifact from Utopia, the homeland of Power Princess.
    Obtaining artifacts is how Cassie originally became Wonder Girl, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #29
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Obtaining artifacts is how Cassie originally became Wonder Girl, right?
    Still my favorite origin for her.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol - Marvel just announced a Champions tie-in for their Heroes Reborn event that stars the Squadron Supreme. And the Young Squadron's version of Kamala Khan (usually Ms. Marvel) seems to be inspired by Cassie Sandsmark.
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ns-spider-man/
    Obtaining artifacts is how Cassie originally became Wonder Girl, right?
    Yeah Cassie figured out how to use some magic artifacts. Not sure how she got them though... AFAIK they're relics that had been introduced in older stories as Amazon treasures.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •