Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 165
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,041

    Default

    Sean McKeever:

    Fun fact: In attempting to make Wonder Girl stop being defined by her romantic interests and men in general, I wanted her to "get her groove back" and was told (again, being actually shouted at) that "a happy Wonder Girl is a boring Wonder Girl."
    https://twitter.com/seankmckeever/st...55209870323718

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sometimes it seems like the people in charge of decisions are the least imaginative, least creative people in the business.

  3. #33
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What is it with DC editorial that they think happy = boring. You can have a relatively happy life and still have crazy things happen to you. What kind of message are you telling people that you have to be miserable to be a hero.

    Even the freaking CW gets it and had Superman and Lois be a happy married couple (as long as they don't make them get a divorce, you better not CW!).

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    What is it with DC editorial that they think happy = boring. You can have a relatively happy life and still have crazy things happen to you. What kind of message are you telling people that you have to be miserable to be a hero.

    Even the freaking CW gets it and had Superman and Lois be a happy married couple (as long as they don't make them get a divorce, you better not CW!).
    To be fair, McKeever said it was a specific time of DC in the 2000s. The guy who was pretty open against happiness is not there anymore.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    To be fair, McKeever said it was a specific time of DC in the 2000s. The guy who was pretty open against happiness is not there anymore.
    Realistically, while pathos is an important plot element... over-use is depressing and makes the finished work unappealing to read.

  6. #36
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,730

    Default


  7. #37
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cassie and her weird, messed up, family...

  8. #38
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cassie and her weird, messed up, family...
    I didn't care for making her Zeus' kid but I liked the odd relationship she had with Ares. Especially since I like an Ares that veers more towards neutral/uneasy ally.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Then later Cassie finds out that Hercules isn't borrowing power from Zeus at all

  10. #40
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,730

    Default


  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Cassie will appear in Wonder Girl. Don't know if it's just a cameo.


  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cassie will appear in Wonder Girl. Don't know if it's just a cameo.

    You know I wouldn’t mind in a series called Wondergirl if Cassie occasionally had run ins with Yara. Like they at least try to be friends, especially since they are both kids of the gods.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I wouldn’t mind in a series called Wondergirl if Cassie occasionally had run ins with Yara. Like they at least try to be friends, especially since they are both kids of the gods.
    I like this idea. It makes a lot of sense really.

  14. #44
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,730

    Default

    Cassie HeroClix figure from the Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary set.


  15. #45
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,730

    Default

    Cassie post from DC's Instagram celebrating Women's History Month


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •