Page 586 of 902 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Wardlow/Hobbs program move didn't help Hobbs. Because as you mentioned he let that program go cold to do Wardlow/Joe. Which he nearly let go cold as well for Darby Alin.

It's like Tony has all these "toys" and he tries to push each one not realizing....some guys aren't going to get pushes. You have to pick certain stars to do this with.

Wardlow wasn't helped by a 3 day title reign to get the belt to Hobbs. If this was the plan...why not make the Revolution PPV match with Joe vs Wardlow vs Hobbs with QT getting involved there ?

In all....Tony has one of the greatest talent rosters since WCWs prime years. He just needs an experienced hand there to help him. He should hire Dutch Mantell or someone who has booked.
    Everything done with the TNT championship has been a mess since Full Gear. It started as a Joe and Wardlow feud with Hobbs acting as a third wheel to make it a triple threat. Joe wins, gives Wardlow a haircut and he's gone for a few months letting that feud go cold. Joe reigns for two months and drops to Darby. Darby loses back to Joe three weeks later and disappears. Wardlow comes back to finish the feud and wins his belt back...only to hold it for 3 days. Tony must be booking that belt using universe mode

You guys would hate puro fueds.

And CMLL.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-09-2023 at 08:50 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

And CMLL.
    I use to watch New Japan regularly until the western influence got to be too much. I enjoyed the handful of Dragon Gate and DDT I watched.

With less than a week...

Time to make some predictions on exactly who the Canadian Cargill will be facing next week will wind up being.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everything done with the TNT championship has been a mess since Full Gear. It started as a Joe and Wardlow feud with Hobbs acting as a third wheel to make it a triple threat. Joe wins, gives Wardlow a haircut and he's gone for a few months letting that feud go cold. Joe reigns for two months and drops to Darby. Darby loses back to Joe three weeks later and disappears. Wardlow comes back to finish the feud and wins his belt back...only to hold it for 3 days. Tony must be booking that belt using universe mode

Konnan I believe even questioned if Wardlow was being punished due to the booking or if he did something bad backstage weeks ago , given how it had went for him. Its crazy but Samoa Joe came out the best in the programs ran. Rather than the guy Tony was trying to make fans care for (Wardlow).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My issues with Tony as a booker

- He recycles his ideas often and too soon.
    - His habit of circling the roster often leaves ongoing feuds go cold (Keith Lee/Swerve, Christian/Jungle Boy)
    - Allowing Jericho feuds to overstay their welcome
    - Likes to slow burn to the detriment of the product (It took 8 months of Julia Hart sulking for her to finally join the house of black. Hayter's inevitable split from Brit is taking too long as well)
    - Likes to throw out random title defenses. Would it kill him to have contendership matches?
    though i don't agree with some and some might be a matter of taste rather than an actual issue, those are fair criticisms. that said even with those issues i'll take tk over bitchoff, russo, mackman, corny, and definitely super.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    With less than a week...

Time to make some predictions on exactly who the Canadian Cargill will be facing next week will wind up being.
    i hope it's lufisto, though it would make me sad to see lufisto lose to her.

Konnan I believe even questioned if Wardlow was being punished due to the booking or if he did something bad backstage weeks ago , given how it had went for him. Its crazy but Samoa Joe came out the best in the programs ran. Rather than the guy Tony was trying to make fans care for (Wardlow).
    konan is a fukn idiot(see takeshita comments and walkback). also tk is a better booker than konan, but that's just my opinion. what we should be asking is what does disco think??

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

My issues with Tony as a booker

- He recycles his ideas often and too soon.
    - His habit of circling the roster often leaves ongoing feuds go cold (Keith Lee/Swerve, Christian/Jungle Boy)
    - Allowing Jericho feuds to overstay their welcome
    - Likes to slow burn to the detriment of the product (It took 8 months of Julia Hart sulking for her to finally join the house of black. Hayter's inevitable split from Brit is taking too long as well)
    - Likes to throw out random title defenses. Would it kill him to have contendership matches?
    Yeah, I agree with a lot or even all of these criticisms. Especially recycling, slow burning too much, and letting feuds go cold.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    though i don't agree with some and some might be a matter of taste rather than an actual issue, those are fair criticisms. that said even with those issues i'll take tk over bitchoff, russo, mackman, corny, and definitely super.

i hope it's lufisto, though it would make me sad to see lufisto lose to her.

konan is a fukn idiot(see takeshita comments and walkback). also tk is a better booker than konan, but that's just my opinion. what we should be asking is what does disco think??

Bischoff was never booker. He just approved storylines. Kevin Sullivan was head of booking committe in WCW during NWO years (a fact he had to sit with Hogan to make sure he'd go heel) ....he is better than Tony Khan. Sorry just the facts. Cocaine Chimp is better than Tony Khan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

All we need is Tony Khan to start doing non stop Dusty finishes next to really be funny.

Bischoff was never booker. He just approved storylines. Kevin Sullivan was head of booking committe in WCW during NWO years (a fact he had to sit with Hogan to make sure he'd go heel) ....he is better than Tony Khan. Sorry just the facts. Cocaine Chimp is better than Tony Khan.
    i wouldn't argue that, he did book punk's title win. so basically
    chimp>tk>bitchoff>russo>jim herd>dixie>random fantasy bookers>you
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-10-2023 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i wouldn't argue that, he did book punk's title win. so basically
    chimp>tk>bitchoff>russo>jim herd>dixie>random fantasy bookers>you
    Ahhh your so sweet ...no I won't ask Tony Khan for a job. He's cursed I tell you....CURSED to book as Immortal listed. I just wish he'd do Dusty finishes and we all can laugh more.

I use to watch New Japan regularly until the western influence got to be too much. I enjoyed the handful of Dragon Gate and DDT I watched.
    New Japan regularly has feuds that have spanned years if not decades. Same with CMLL.

CMLL just had one last year that spanned 3 generations.

This next bit is not directed at you.

WWE marks ask for continuity, more wrestling, big matches not on PPV cards, and some respect that they'll remember things from months ago. AEW gives a semblance of continuity, more wrestling, big matches not on PPV cards, and brings up storylines from months ago. Then they say it's shit booking.

I think they just miss the soap opera. But then AEW would be WWE lite!

The point is giving a true alternative to WWE and an Americanized puro fed. If you don't like it, then go back to the sanitized, corporate WWE.

It's fine and fair to critique. Some of us just want more wrestling and/or something different than WWE.

In regards to the continuity issues some have with AEW, they do infer and count of the viewer being well versed in ALL their programming (the firm storyline played out on Elevation as did some of the Hobbs storyline). I think they should take a page out of NWA Powerrr and take some time to video package feuds before, during, and after things like Hobbs happens. Same with the Dark Order storyline.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

And CMLL.
    CMLL's got people who hold belts but never defend them. I know in lucha libre, belts aren't as important to the narrative, but it is kinda silly for a guy to hold a belt that long and have the equivalent of Big Show's 2003-04 or Dean Ambrose's 2013 US Championship reigns.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

On the subject of betting on WWE events, AEW already has that deal with DraftKings but then again, if DraftKings could offer bets on 100m dashes in Mozambique, they certainly would.

You can't just go "Oh, let's bet on the winner" cuz people who follow the internet or understand booking trends can easily figure out that. You would have to force the better to look at the intangibles and bet on those; how long will the match be? Will the match have a clean finish? Will there be interference (easy money in a Roman Reigns match, lol)? Over/under on pinfall attempts? And so on.

But... people don't want to do all that, because that's too much thinking and then you're just being an asshole. The modern betting system is based on if a team wins and whether or not they'll cover a cumulative score (the aforementioned over/under) so you'll have to think of some kind of happy medium.

New Japan regularly has feuds that have spanned years if not decades. Same with CMLL.

CMLL just had one last year that spanned 3 generations.

This next bit is not directed at you.

WWE marks ask for continuity, more wrestling, big matches not on PPV cards, and some respect that they'll remember things from months ago. AEW gives a semblance of continuity, more wrestling, big matches not on PPV cards, and brings up storylines from months ago. Then they say it's shit booking.

I think they just miss the soap opera. But then AEW would be WWE lite!

The point is giving a true alternative to WWE and an Americanized puro fed. If you don't like it, then go back to the sanitized, corporate WWE.

It's fine and fair to critique. Some of us just want more wrestling and/or something different than WWE.
    I'd say some of us want better booking with things. Like the Hobbs/Wardlow/Joe angle. The only one who really benefited from the entire angle thus far is Samoa Joe who legit beat and held the TNA Title over Wardlow , Hobbs and Alin for the stretch we saw. Doing what we saw at times as Immortal mentioned gets very old at times.

You can excuse Jungle Boy and Christian in a way due to Christian's injury which killed that program. I do think that honestly they should have not did the Luchasaurus swerve (he acts to go face , turns heel...again) because it really killed the momentum of heel Christian and Luchasauris there awhile.