Page 100 of 902 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Oh sh!t, just seeing the Orndoff news.

So sad and his son posted a pic of him some days ago, he seemed to be doing ok.

RIP Paul Orndoff, man was a legend.

RIP Mr. Wonderful.

Usually when a wrestler passes, I like to dig up an old match of them that you can't find on a network. Paul wrestled mostly under NJPW/NWA/SMW/UWF (Herb Abrams version)/WCW/WWF banners which are on New Japan's site or WWE's or part of the NWA Archive. This might be on a network ...

Mid Atlantic Television Championship Match
    Paul Orndorff vs. Paul Jones (c)
    Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling / Greensboro, NC

A little background on this match. In late 1978, Orndorff and Jimmy Snuka defeated Greg Valentine and Von Raschke for the NWA World Tag Team Belts. They later dropped them to Von Raschke & Jones. Orndorff would soon leave the Mid-Atlantic and Snuka would go heel, taking on Buddy Rogers as his manager. And I believe this is right after Snuka's falling out, so this is one of the first times (if not the first time) Jones worked heel in a match.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    RIP Paul Orndorff
    RIP Paul Orndorff
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Oh sh!t, just seeing the Orndoff news.

So sad and his son posted a pic of him some days ago, he seemed to be doing ok.

RIP Paul Orndoff, man was a legend.
    Yeah a week earlier Mr. Wonderful didn't look well and his son told him how he loved him. Which was very sweet to see. It was hard watching it. Then that image we saw later of him seeming to be ok drinking a beer.

But I remember when a relative went into hospice and a nurse told me. The person with so many days left will have a week or 2 where they seemingly are back to themselves at times. Like its a brief flash to who they were. But its only gonna be a flash back to that then they sadly will pass away after it. So Mr. Wonderful having that moment likely gave his family a bit of peace there before this.

-

I remember his heel turn with Hogan and how he came back from a bad arm with I believe nerve damage in WCW in early 1990's. But he was back and while this is considered terrible. Mr. Wonderful sold it as the funniest , weirdest cross promoted angle with a celebrity.

RIP Mr. Wonderful .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

RIP to Mr. Wonderful. Anyone that can legit drop Vader with one punch while wearing flip-flops is a true badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    RIP to Mr. Wonderful. Anyone that can legit drop Vader with one punch while wearing flip-flops is a true badass.
    And he did this with one bad arm as well. His one arm was weaker due to nerve damage I believe then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And he did this with one bad arm as well. His one arm was weaker due to nerve damage I believe then.
    He never got the arm fixed up as he got hurt just when he started to feud with Hogan and didn't want to miss out on the biggest payday of his career.

So in some sad news , Don West has cancer. Jeff Jarrett on his podcast with Conrad Thompson detailed that they plan for Don West to do some things for it and he got a phone call West is going into chemo. Jarrett detailed how West and Mike Teney backstage on TNA would do baseball trivia and Don is a huge Chicago Cubs fan. That he can detail starting lineups of the teams for years !

West was TNA's salesman who would work himself up so hyped. Bruce Prichard was stunned that one of TNA's biggest successes was selling merch. That the small company sold insane merch numbers at live shows and Impact. He watched Don West come out and get the crowd so insane hyped they were buying a lot. That WWE at house shows would sell an amount of merch there. But TNA was blowing them away with what this man could do.

As he said to Conrad , the man is simply the best salesman he has ever seen.

What stuns me is Vince McMahon never hired this guy to sell merch on WWE.Com . Given his ability. Get well Don West.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rewatching Black's debut, I think I wasn't feeling it because I kept focusing on the commentary.

It's a great moment if you mute the commentary.

Also ...

Anybody watch/watching ROH Best in the World?

PCO and Danhausen for TAG TEAM CHAMPS please! Danhausen's Very Nice, Very Kneevil finisher looks to be getting a storyline involving CM Punk & KENTA. Wonder if either of them will show up? The Tweet war has been hilarious. Danhausen appears to prefer Pepsi Man over THE OTHER GUY.

I thought the main event was kinda weak but clearly they are going to have a round 2.

Dragon Lee put on a nice little clinic.

I'm 50/50 on seeing Taven vs. Vincent again but at least they double stipped it this time, Steel Cage and title shot on the line.

Didn't like the outcome of Lethal's match but at least he wasn't squashed.
    i wish they would've just kept the name tommy end, and then just sold the debut as "holy ****, it's tommy end!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i wish they would've just kept the name tommy end, and then just sold the debut as "holy ****, it's tommy end!!"

Or as basically having Jim Ross (who was doing his job) and Excalibur act all shocked . "He shouldn't be here !" Then have Tony Shiavone chime in ..."He's been working for the other company ! Can we say his name ?!!"

Next week Black comes out , cuts a promo proclaiming himself Malaki Black.

Astonishing Member

Or as basically having Jim Ross (who was doing his job) and Excalibur act all shocked . "He shouldn't be here !" Then have Tony Shiavone chime in ..."He's been working for the other company ! Can we say his name ?!!"
    Yeah, I actually hate when the announcers magically know the new name of a debut'ing superstar that he hasn't used before. At least when it's supposed to be a surprise appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah, I actually hate when the announcers magically know the new name of a debut'ing superstar that he hasn't used before. At least when it's supposed to be a surprise appearance.
    If we watch Jim Ross was doing just that. Him acting all shocked for 5 seconds as AA went down. Then brings up Cody hitting the ring and you can tell Jim Ross frustration with Excalibur as he does the "whatever the hell his name is !" line. Like he was like...for f-cks sake. lol

Next week Black comes out , cuts a promo proclaiming himself Malaki Black.
    nah, i like tommy end better. no need to mention the other company, hr had made quite the name for himself before going there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    i can see that, but in this case well, you don't need magic to follow somebody on twitter.

If we watch Jim Ross was doing just that. Him acting all shocked for 5 seconds as AA went down. Then brings up Cody hitting the ring and you can tell Jim Ross frustration with Excalibur as he does the "whatever the hell his name is !" line. Like he was like...for f-cks sake. lol
    can you imagine if they had asked jr to get across the idea that malakai black used to be tommy end and has been in a mental hospital for the last 4yrs?? i mean excalibur wasn't able to pull it off either but jr would've completely fukt it up. "bah gawd king, what's alistair end doing here in dubbya dubbya E!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I kinda like the name Malaki Black tho.

The only thing ruining that coffin match was the end.

AEW needs to work on their booking because it is getting predictable at this point.

I guess they're saving their SCHOCKING wins for another day.

This would've been a perfect way to change up Darby ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium