Page 777 of 902 FirstFirst ... 277677727767773774775776777778779780781787827877 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jade Cargill signing with WWE is now official

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/17066...K8kb8o1nQ&s=19

Huge lost for AEW.
    It's definitely a loss but it remains to be seen if it's a gain for wwe.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE is doing the most with Jade. They are having her literally walk into the performance center

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1706738269575143628

A couple of the wrestlers are hyping up her signing. Kenta was the last person they did this type of hype train for.

WWE is doing the most with Jade. They are having her literally walk into the performance center

A couple of the wrestlers are hyping up her signing. Kenta was the last person they did this type of hype train for.
    I would have her go after the United States Championship!

Well...

Her work in the ring was where I felt that she was slightly lacking.

Didn't end well for KENTA.

Hopefully this goes much, much better!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Her character work was perfect. She was spot on character wise. Buy as 30 pointed out (and I did a week earlier) she needs help ring work wise. I expect having Trish and others there will help her.

A big factor on why Jade really never did improve ring wise in AEW was a point a veteran (maybe Billy Gunn) brought up a year or 2 ago. AEW doesn't have house shows so Jade and other young talents were learning onscreen as they went. Which you can only learn so much having 1 or 2 matches a week at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Her character work was perfect. She was spot on character wise. Buy as 30 pointed out (and I did a week earlier) she needs help ring work wise. I expect having Trish and others there will help her.

A big factor on why Jade really never did improve ring wise in AEW was a point a veteran (maybe Billy Gunn) brought up a year or 2 ago. AEW doesn't have house shows so Jade and other young talents were learning onscreen as they went. Which you can only learn so much having 1 or 2 matches a week at times.
    I watched a what culture video the other day and it brought up the top 10 wrestlers who wrestled the most quantity of matches in 2022. Dante Martin was on top for AEW wrestling 64 matches while the Usos topped WWE with 140 matches. The Usos spend a little less of half a year working matches. The young blood in AEW needs something like that.

I watched a what culture video the other day and it brought up the top 10 wrestlers who wrestled the most quantity of matches in 2022. Dante Martin was on top for AEW wrestling 64 matches while the Usos topped WWE with 140 matches. The Usos spend a little less of half a year working matches. The young blood in AEW needs something like that.
    I think they need house shows for sure. I wouldn't go full WWE house show schedule if I was AEW. I do think...they need to do a certain number of them and live shows they do each week. Back when TNA was doing well under Jarrett and Dixie...(2007-2009 they were in the black and doing ok) the idea was to do like 5-10 House Shows a month to go with their tapings. They would tape 2-3 weeks of TV at a time in Orlando.

The next month would be less house shows to give guys a break and so forth.

But while TNA did house shows (I attended 2 of them in 2014 or 2015) they never were able to do what they had planned due to money issues.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think they need house shows for sure. I wouldn't go full WWE house show schedule if I was AEW. I do think...they need to do a certain number of them and live shows they do each week. Back when TNA was doing well under Jarrett and Dixie...(2007-2009 they were in the black and doing ok) the idea was to do like 5-10 House Shows a month to go with their tapings. They would tape 2-3 weeks of TV at a time in Orlando.

The next month would be less house shows to give guys a break and so forth.

But while TNA did house shows (I attended 2 of them in 2014 or 2015) they never were able to do what they had planned due to money issues.
    The current WWE house show model isn't intensive. Since the lockdowns lifted they've only done house shows on weekends. On average a WWE wrestler is working 2-3 times a week.

The current WWE house show model isn't intensive. Since the lockdowns lifted they've only done house shows on weekends. On average a WWE wrestler is working 2-3 times a week.
    I'd do a week on like that and a week off if I was AEW. Like one week guys/girls could work 2-3 times. The next week 1 or 2 counting Collison or Dynamite . Then the next week on. This way you give your people a break to rest up and all. Plus it would appeal to some talents ..."Hey we can have 1 or 2 days of work every other week !"

With the 100+ member roster (Khan claimed he has like 100 people signed from an interview) he can logically give his people breaks and not wear them down as much.

I remember the old WWE schedule wore guys out completely. Rob Van Dam detailed how awful it was. He'd be working 3-4 days a week. Fly home , get a day of rest and and then have to fly right back out the next day. So he was only home a day or 2 max. (this is part of why he wouldn't work the Iraq/Afganistan shows and took heat for it lol)

Speaking of house shows, how many of you ever attended a WWE house show or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ritz View Post
    I been to a couple house shows. I been to a couple ECW shows back in the day and a WCW Nitro as well. The Nitro was my favorite one because we all were able to go down so many rows down once the show started and it was wild watching a fan jump the railing and sucker punch Randy Savage. (That fan was carried out by all 4's by police and security)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ritz View Post
    I go to shows all the time (WrestleDream baby!!!) but WWE shows are a different beast.

You tend to see segments they're trying out for up comimg PPVs (one cool one I remember was a double pin roll up RVD later did on Shelton & and Jericho).

WCW was a good place to see banger matches with undercard guys. They usually ended with nWo beatdowns.

Indy shows are different entirely.

Taped and live non PPV shows are my least favorite because they do a lot of spots for the camera side and lot of "exposed" spots are shown.

I think my 3 favorite shows of all time are a NOAH/K-1/p-W show, Spring Stampede, and WM XIX. All 4 NJOW shows I have seen are easily 3-4-5 all time. There was a crazy house show with Undertaker, Cena vs. Edge in a cage, and Rey Rey running the guardrail with Carlito that was killer.

My first WM was XIV but I don't remember anything other than the Main Event which I've only seen one match better live (Jericho v. HBK WM XIX). Still have my WM XIV shirt.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-26-2023 at 09:43 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yes, they appear on RAW, but they also have to show up on NXT. Cody wants to stay exclusive to RAW.
    Story wise though it doesn't make sense.