Page 381 of 902 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481881 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 13529
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The 6 man match was killer.

Dalton Castle is awesome.
    Castle looks so familiar. A lot like the guy I was talking to about boats, and said he went broke on one.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

HHH being handed VP of Talent was a quick move because the WWE needs a VP of Talent there. Trips will get a pretty big hand with his wife there to really get talent to bring back (Bray Wyatt or Braun Strowman right now as biggest on market) or someone like Gresham to bring into NXT. Nick Khan really has to sweat some because he's not in the family and Trips being placed there gives him and Stephanie an edge. And yes Vince won't get to come back as CEO or any official role. But he's gonna be behind the scenes with Stephanie there as much as we don't wanna say this.

Speaking of Gresham , yeah he should have handled things better. But Tony Khan has botched this entire Ring of Honor deal on par with Jim Crockett botching the UWF. Instead of pushing the World Champion on his TV for weeks and building to this title change , Khan instead focused on other champions in the company. Making his World Champion of that company look like a joke. Which Gresham had to get angry over at how he was booked onscreen.

In all Khan really should have brought in help to book ROH for weeks here. He really should have crafted one of his YouTube shows into a ROH show and used Gresham on AEW TV at times and to do this title change. I like that Claudio is a World Champion but he's a World champion of a dying husk , barely sustained now on TV and its like the UWF in its dying days as Crockett had all the UWF guys crushed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    But Tony Khan has botched this entire Ring of Honor deal on par with Jim Crockett botching the UWF. . .
    In all Khan really should have brought in help to book ROH for weeks here.
    It does feel sort of like a running theme for Tony Khan: he's doing too much himself, causing him to neglect certain aspects, and he seems unwilling to surrender or delegate some final control on certain things to others.

It's his (or his father's) money, and so one can maybe appreciate why he's burdening himself so much, but...how can he ignore all the problems being created?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-26-2022 at 07:07 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

HHH being handed VP of Talent was a quick move because the WWE needs a VP of Talent there. Trips will get a pretty big hand with his wife there to really get talent to bring back (Bray Wyatt or Braun Strowman right now as biggest on market) or someone like Gresham to bring into NXT. Nick Khan really has to sweat some because he's not in the family and Trips being placed there gives him and Stephanie an edge. And yes Vince won't get to come back as CEO or any official role. But he's gonna be behind the scenes with Stephanie there as much as we don't wanna say this.

Speaking of Gresham , yeah he should have handled things better. But Tony Khan has botched this entire Ring of Honor deal on par with Jim Crockett botching the UWF. Instead of pushing the World Champion on his TV for weeks and building to this title change , Khan instead focused on other champions in the company. Making his World Champion of that company look like a joke. Which Gresham had to get angry over at how he was booked onscreen.

In all Khan really should have brought in help to book ROH for weeks here. He really should have crafted one of his YouTube shows into a ROH show and used Gresham on AEW TV at times and to do this title change. I like that Claudio is a World Champion but he's a World champion of a dying husk , barely sustained now on TV and its like the UWF in its dying days as Crockett had all the UWF guys crushed.
    Gresham had issues with his lack of TV time, his heel turn, being given Tully as a manager only to be replaced by the embassy and even the runtime of his match with Claudio. A lot of his issues with Tony is he felt that he wasn't valued. The guy gave too much to RoH to be treated like an afterthought. A lack of communication seems to be the issue with guys who are disgruntled with AEW

Ultimate Member

Yeah, as Immortal pointed out, Gresham didn't even get TV time and was treated as an afterthought.

To add insult to injury he got limited PPV time and dropped the title to Cesaro....who is great but is almost 10 years older. I don't support Gresham cursing out at Tony but he deserved better (there aren't many wrestlers that can actually work the mat like Gresham).

Khan needs a booker or some form of talent relations officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, as Immortal pointed out, Gresham didn't even get TV time and was treated as an afterthought.

To add insult to injury he got limited PPV time and dropped the title to Cesaro....who is great but is almost 10 years older. I don't support Gresham cursing out at Tony but he deserved better (there aren't many wrestlers that can actually work the mat like Gresham).

Khan needs a booker or some form of talent relations officer.
    Christopher Daniels is the VP of Talent there. They also have someone who has dealt with talent issues before in Jim Ross. This is a company that has experienced hands around , yet none seem to be able to get through to Khan that he needs the help.

A Ring of Honor vs AEW program that spun off Ring of Honor was $$$. There was storylines that could have flowed through and done. Khan could have had the old guard of ROH who held the belts to start be a rebel type group and not happy with him owning ROH on TV.

Either way he literally blew this one. Its almost insane to think that he had so much he could have done and the talent the rosters have and people involved....and blew it totally.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

You wanted Tony to do an RoH invasion angle when that's actually what impact was doing with honor no more before the purchase?

Man ... Everyone's opening up about how terrible it was to work under Vince.

Even the mailroom and janitorial staff hated him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Man ... Everyone's opening up about how terrible it was to work under Vince.

Even the mailroom and janitorial staff hated him.
    When someone who was an a-hole boss is suddenly no longer their a-hole boss and no longer holds any position of authority over them, it's always interesting to hear what those people say about said boss afterwards.

None of this really surprises me. Nor does what I heard on the Wrestling Observer YouTube channel from Denise Salcedo's latest news segment about how Vince used insensitive language in his meetings that had be cleaned up in the 'minutes' recounting the meetings. For decades, I've had the impression that being a hard boss who's very difficult to work for wasn't just his "Mr. McMahon" character.

In fact, I think most people have seen Vince as a huge a-hole, even though over the years some people have tried to state that he's not ALWAYS an a-hole by reporting on his more generous and softer sides (such as Mick Foley in his first two books).
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 07-26-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    When someone who was an a-hole boss is suddenly no longer their a-hole boss and no longer holds any position of authority over them, it's always interesting to hear what those people say about said boss afterwards.

None of this really surprises me. Nor does what I heard on the Wrestling Observer YouTube channel from Denise Salcedo's latest news segment about how Vince used insensitive language in his meetings that had be cleaned up in the 'minutes' recounting the meetings. For decades, I've had the impression that being a hard boss who's very difficult to work for wasn't just his "Mr. McMahon" character.

In fact, I think most people have seen Vince as a huge a-hole, even though over the years some people have tried to state that he's not ALWAYS an a-hole by reporting on his more generous and softer sides (such as Mick Foley in his first two books).
    I think there were too many warning signs and red flags around Vince to make this surprising, even from those employees who liked working with him.

The dude came from what was originally a very “carny” era of professional wrestling, was well known and proud of playing the business side of the game ruthlessly and even at times a little dirty, continually surrounded himself with sycophants who seemed retrograde for a modern entertainment business, was well known to be a micromanager and control freak out of touch from the times, and his business always had a “court intrigue” type of atmosphere, where talent and executives played backstage politics everywhere.

Now, I think a lot of guys and gals learned how to work through Vince’s system, either through natural inclination or through simple persistence and education in its intracacies.

But probably the biggest warning sign to me was how Moxley and others described Vince sort of building a culture of ass-kissers seemingly designed to insulate him from workers who had learned how to work with him otherwise. It came off as Vince being aware that there were people who knew how to work with him, and found that idea so disagreeable he sought enablers instead of either confronting them acknowledging their concerns.

Anyone who seeks enablers and insulation is going to be far too inclined towards the toxic behavior that facilitates to avoid it entirely.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think there were too many warning signs and red flags around Vince to make this surprising, even from those employees who liked working with him.

The dude came from what was originally a very “carny” era of professional wrestling, was well known and proud of playing the business side of the game ruthlessly and even at times a little dirty, continually surrounded himself with sycophants who seemed retrograde for a modern entertainment business, was well known to be a micromanager and control freak out of touch from the times, and his business always had a “court intrigue” type of atmosphere, where talent and executives played backstage politics everywhere.

Now, I think a lot of guys and gals learned how to work through Vince’s system, either through natural inclination or through simple persistence and education in its intracacies.

But probably the biggest warning sign to me was how Moxley and others described Vince sort of building a culture of ass-kissers seemingly designed to insulate him from workers who had learned how to work with him otherwise. It came off as Vince being aware that there were people who knew how to work with him, and found that idea so disagreeable he sought enablers instead of either confronting them acknowledging their concerns.

Anyone who seeks enablers and insulation is going to be far too inclined towards the toxic behavior that facilitates to avoid it entirely.
    Indeed. We see plenty of these types in several areas of life.

Anyway, we can expect change to be slow and gradual. Though RAW certainly did have some interesting moments, such as Theory being taunted with "Your daddy isn't here anymore". And Montez bleeding, which shows up that yes, RAW is now TV-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You wanted Tony to do an RoH invasion angle when that's actually what impact was doing with honor no more before the purchase?
    It really wouldn't be an invasion since Khan owns the company. Its just a group of loyal workers who aren't happy that the company they worked for now has a new owner. They could have made Lethal and Gresham be the leaders of it with Lethal discussing how billionaires have ruined the industry and hurt everyone etc.

Its making the ROH guys heels at 1st as they come in. As the angle goes , a lot of younger AEW guys can turn and join. Then we see them build to the weekly shows on YouTube to air and end it eventually. It would have gave AEW a long term storyline set up. It also could have made ROH a real competing type brand that Khan owns as they eventually settle in.

What he's done to date has no direction , no real story. Why do we care for the ROH guys ? What possible reason is it for ROH to exist right now ? He's bungled this after making a huge announcement and could have really had something big here storyline wise to get fans excited for that brand he owns.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Immortal has pretty much answered the question.

ROH was comatose before TK bought it and almost immediately Grisham drops the title.

Grisham is really, really small and I'm not even saying he shouldn't have dropped the title but I just think there could have been a feud between him and Cesaro.
    i don't see why there still couldn't have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    and it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't see why there still couldn't have been.

and it sucked.

Yet ...was more of a direction than what Khan has done . And this is a company with 1/5th the budget of AEW. That is wild to think.

Vince McMahon forfeits some of his stock
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Fightful/...36176009146368

I wonder if he lost enough to lose his controlling interest