Page 148 of 902 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Again people are saying the report isn't true. We will know I guess as time passes.

I think the NWA was running a near 80's type deal with Aldis/Murdoch as a comparison to Flair/Dusty . The promos done with Aldis and Murdoch seemed to echo that vibe in a way I saw. So it seemed they were trying to play Trevor off with that in a sense. I know its not really the best deal. But for now Corgan needs to build a young guy for Aldis to feud with and go from there really.

Read that too. Vince last year told them and others that CM Punk was someone he could not do business with. Given the stormy relationship the 2 sides have with each other.
    i heard. was hoping it was true. i think jr is past due to retire from commentary, maybe continue in a talent relations role would be good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    In watching this interview with Samoa Joe ...

... He is/was not open to the cross promotional stuff with TNA/AEW/etc. Joe said:

"I work for a company. If I played for a major football club anywhere in the world, you wouldn’t lend me out on the weekend to go play for the rival team. You know Messi’s ain’t doing day shifts over at Manchester United. I understand some fans want for that and want to see that, but at the same time, just with the whole politics of that type of situation, it wouldn’t be a good outcome anyways. Nobody wants to look bad in that situation. Everyone’s getting pushed and pulled this way, and it becomes a convoluted mess."

It's a fair point and kind of signals us to why he re-upped with WWE.
    weird stance from joe considering he used to work indy dates while under contract with tna.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Joe really wasn't gone long from WWE to really sit down with AEW or Khan. What was it ...a couple weeks and he was brought back ?

This is pure WWE coaching P.R. were seeing done. Joe and other talent who do return back like say Strowman will say lines like..."WWE is best solo company in the world than others I could have all appeared in..." Etc.

The WWE likely will tell talent that are there to hit against this " Forbidden Door" aspect in media. Joking about it at times ahead.

Case in point before Ric Flair signed with WWF in 2002 , the company and talent in interviews (HHH included) ripped Flair and others for being old. They had a PR deal to push then and did it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    In watching this interview with Samoa Joe ...

... He is/was not open to the cross promotional stuff with TNA/AEW/etc. Joe said:

"I work for a company. If I played for a major football club anywhere in the world, you wouldn’t lend me out on the weekend to go play for the rival team. You know Messi’s ain’t doing day shifts over at Manchester United. I understand some fans want for that and want to see that, but at the same time, just with the whole politics of that type of situation, it wouldn’t be a good outcome anyways. Nobody wants to look bad in that situation. Everyone’s getting pushed and pulled this way, and it becomes a convoluted mess."

It's a fair point and kind of signals us to why he re-upped with WWE.
    I guess if Joe is happy being in the low card never getting a main push staying in NXT until retirement or let go a 2ed time so be it......

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I guess if Joe is happy being in the low card never getting a main push staying in NXT until retirement or let go a 2ed time so be it......
    joe needs a little more time in development before he's main roster ready

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I've seen twitter clips of Charlotte match with Nia Jax and wtf happened there? There was no communication, so many miss timing, they look like they were sandbagging each other. Were they shooting?
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-31-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Mighty Member

Anything credible on Sasha Banks? (What happened, and more importantly, when we are getting her back? She is one of the better wrestlers out there, and dammit, as a fan, I feel entitled to Sasha being amazing.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is bowling shoe ugly as JR would say. Sloppy match. There was definitely some shooting after that awful back suplex

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

This is bowling shoe ugly as JR would say. Sloppy match. There was definitely some shooting after that awful back suplex
    Nia flat out stopped selling at some point in the match. She resumed a bit later in.

Even the look on Nia's face at end suggests she was legit pissed off at something.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    But yeah Joey deserves a shot and AEW not having him on calling matches right now...is wild.
    I never thought about how Joey Styles is so worthy of announcing again, but you're absolutely right. AEW should absolutely use him (assuming he's being reasonable price-wise of course).

I don't watch AEW Dark much, but PAC vs Matt Sydal is tempting me tonight.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    joe needs a little more time in development before he's main roster ready
    Another 7 years or so you think? Lol

Astonishing Member

What it looked like to me:

- Nia drops Charlotte on her head during back suplex.
    - Charlotte legit got pissed, legit slapped Nia.
    - Nia pissed that Charlotte started shooting on her, started shooting back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Would he get a sustained main event push anywhere? He's older. Once the newness wore off, every promotion would ultimately use him in a gatekeeper role to ultimately put other younger people over.

I think he's basically concerned about saving his body and making as much $$$ as he can.

Mighty Member

What it looked like to me:

- Nia drops Charlotte on her head during back suplex.
    - Charlotte legit got pissed, legit slapped Nia.
    - Nia pissed that Charlotte started shooting on her, started shooting back.
    Did you see the two minute mark? Nia was reluctant to pick up Charlotte. (One of many oddities. But, this one stands out.)

Some of the "dirt-sites" are saying that they were already mad before the match started. But, that is just rumor. Regardless, it was not a highlight for either's career.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Did you see the two minute mark? Nia was reluctant to pick up Charlotte. (One of many oddities. But, this one stands out.)
    I think she was hesitant to pick her up and put herself in a vulnerable position to where Charlotte could elbow her in the head or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I think he's basically concerned about saving his body and making as much $$$ as he can.
    Okay but how much is he actually making in NXT? I was always under the impression those guys didn't make much.