Page 19 of 902 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    What is up with the FTR "suspension"? Is it a way to keep them looking strong while delaying the inevitable feud with the Young Bucks? The Bucks when from almost heelish to now trying to go anti-hero face in this whole elite/BC thing. I have not problem with Jungle Boy he is one of the better AEW talents that I never heard of before AEW but attaching your best tag team (FTR) in an extended feud with Jungle Boy and Luchasauraus shows that AEW's tag division isn't as deep as they would have you to believe.
    i don't follow, how does ftr feuding with jurassic xpress make the tag division any less deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I really hope KENTA stays around after the Mox feud. Not even in a "he should be main event champion" kind of way. Just in a "there are a ton of good matches that could happen" way.

Back when wrestling actually had crowds Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus were insanely over. It's not a step down for FTR to be feuding with them.
    agreed.

Astonishing Member

Catching up on everything:

It's official Meiko Satomura to NXT UK!

There's no gravity to the NXT Dusty Rhodes Classic, the matches are good but it just feels like filler.

This also seems like the wrong time for an AEW Women's Tournament. There's now clearly a #1 female heel (Britt Baker) who also happens to be over in the company and a Baker-Shida feud would actually be one of the top storylines in the company.
    It would be much more fun to see Baker chase and scheme her way to the title than have to go through a tournament (where she would kinda be a face if she wins) to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Catching up on everything:

It's official Meiko Satomura to NXT UK!

There's no gravity to the NXT Dusty Rhodes Classic, the matches are good but it just feels like filler.

This also seems like the wrong time for an AEW Women's Tournament. There's now clearly a #1 female heel (Britt Baker) who also happens to be over in the company and a Baker-Shida feud would actually be one of the top storylines in the company.
    It would be much more fun to see Baker chase and scheme her way to the title than have to go through a tournament (where she would kinda be a face if she wins) to get there.

i'd guess that's more likely to happen with brit than her winning the tourney considering she & thunder rosa are both in the thing.

it's too bad lindsay snow got injured when she did, she could've really shined in this tourney.

Fantastic Member

Figured I'd share this here, but I've gone full Cardona and started a fig fed..except i animate it. Here's the intro, Hope yall enjoy!!!
    https://youtu.be/q6nxmzHlYDA

Astonishing Member

Glad to hear New Japan got a TV distribution deal in North America, I really got into it when it was on AXIS. It's not the same trying to follow along view YouTube. They were just talking about having a double champion when they went off air in the US now they have had one for over a year (maybe two?)

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Glad to hear New Japan got a TV distribution deal in North America, I really got into it when it was on AXIS. It's not the same trying to follow along view YouTube. They were just talking about having a double champion when they went off air in the US now they have had one for over a year (maybe two?)
    Are you talking about the Roku Channel show starting Thursday?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

This is having to be done way to often but RIP Hacksaw Butch Reed.

Astonishing Member

yep that's what I am talking about

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Are you talking about the Roku Channel show starting Thursday?
    is it free?? i heard kratos and brody king had a really good match recently, can't remember if it was in RoH or NJPW strong. kratos has never really impressed me much so i'm interested to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    is it free?? i heard kratos and brody king had a really good match recently, can't remember if it was in RoH or NJPW strong. kratos has never really impressed me much so i'm interested to see it.
    As long as you have a Roku it seems to be free.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Default Smack down 02052021

I am making an informal resolution: not bothering to comment on stuff that Carmella is in. I like wrestling,as does everyone else in the thread. No need to clutter the discussion with reflexive negativity. (Hoping she improves, because she ain't going away.)

Plenty to like on last night's Smackdown.

The tag-team match was entertaining, if cluttered by the Street Profits' commentary. (I like them as much as anyone. But, nobody needs to be in every episode.). Otis has improved. (Dunno if it is actually Chad Gable. But, somebody has been working with him.). Rood and Ziggler were okay.

Daniel Bryan vs Cesaro was a highlight. Hoping that Bryan is not being used as enhancement talent. Not happy that Cesaro may be going face.

The intercontinental bout was a good showcase of different styles of wrestling. Langston, Sami and Apollo are different types of wrestlers,but they compliment each other nicely.

I am positively giddy about Bayley and Billie forming a tag team of the world's mist horrid people.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

My friend's latest video -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Is something wrong with Charlotte? Some thing is not quite right with the Lacey match, it's the second terrible match she's had with Lacey and this one went really really long. If they're going to drag this feud to Wrestlemania then that needs to be fixed...

Astonishing Member

Nia Jax: "My hole!" quote of 2021 so far.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Discovered that someone has posted USWA wrestling shows and clips of angles from the early 1990's. Several fun ones include Vince McMahon's 1st real dry run as a heel as he showed up in Memphis for a special night to mock Lawler (who was a good guy then comically in the USWA). McMahon does a brief heel spot and introduces his special bodyguard Pat Patterson to fans taunting them.

The best one angle in parts is the USWA/GWF (Global Wrestling Federation) angle. Which seems to have taken place in 1992.

- Anyhow the angle begins when "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert had a dispute with GWF out of Texas and took the GWF North American Heavyweight Championship he had with him . He would call the championship the GWF World Heavyweight Championship. The GWF stripped him of the title and held a tournament for a new champion. Meanwhile Hot Stuff would appear on the Memphis based USWA claiming to be GWF Champion.

Its just wild then the GWF in reading what I can didn't seem to care Gilbert was doing this. It had to be due to the fact GWF likely didn't view USWA as a major competition given that they were on ESPN and going through issues at the time. Plus the USWA itself was really a regional territory at this stage and would remain one til the end of 1997.

- In reading the USWA was a weird company where they had 2 World Titles in the same company. The one Jerry Lawler would win repeatedly and should be called "Jerry Lawler's USWA World title" given that in 9 year span he won the title 28 times. That was the "USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship" . This belt was more or less the unification of the CWA Heavyweight Championship (which was 2-3 titles Lawler unified to create 2 years earlier) , the AWA World Championship and the WCCW World Championship. But within months of the titles creation in 1989 the AWA pulled away (we all know why) and then World Class followed suit.

The World Class situation changed twice and finally pulled away in 1990. Ending that. So basically the USWA Unified World Championship was more or less the the CWA Heavyweight Championship. Which was the AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (its roots trace back to NWA where it was Southern Heavyweight title in 1970's). Now this title was seemingly unified with 2 other low key belts to create one big CWA World Champion in Lawler.

- The AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship would return 3 years later in USWA as now the "USWA Southern Heavyweight Championship" which I guess was USWA's mid-card/upper card title perhaps for awhile ala the US Championship in WCW and the IC Championship in WWF. But this changed in 1993. The belt was renamed the USWA Heavyweight Championship til USWA closed its doors. This title would be won by Brian Christopher ....25 times from 1990-1997.

- Both World titles in the same company would have untold title changes. We think Vince Russo in WCW 2000 was bad with booking ...well ....folks pull up title histories of these 2 World titles and it was like every month nearly the USWA World titles were being switched lol.

In one year the Southern Heavyweight/USWA Heavyweight Championship was changed 12 times in 1991. 1992 beat that mark with 13 title changes !

So its wild to see how quick these title changes hit. Eric Embry held that title over 100+ days (169 to be exact) and was the longest running champion over 100 days til....1996 when Brian Christopher held it over 100+ days.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.