Page 215 of 251 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3763

was looking forward to garcia vs kingston but not a fan of the match making. i think both those guys need to win some matches instead of always looking good in defeat.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Gracia is young. He can afford to take losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Gracia is young. He can afford to take losses.
    a win wouldn't hurt him either.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I still stand by what I said before , once AEW starts pushing Garcia and gets the push behind him...Punk's 1st big loss should be to him. MJF as we see doesn't need that. We saw how over a heel he is and what he can do. Garcia will need the big one to put something behind him. Saying he gave CM Punk his 1st AEW loss would be big. If the company gets behind it and gives Punk that type of streak , the guy who snaps it will benefit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

So Ric Flair has a podcast and he stunned Mark Madden. In it Madden was trying to create some controversy and having Flair diss Dave Meltzer and his star system. Flair however wouldn't do this and detailed that as much as Mark loves the business , Dave seems to as well. That he has studied , lived it and done it as long as a wrestler would have so he is dedicated to it.

Flair brought up that everyone in the 1980's followed what Meltzer said and they'd be lying if they claimed otherwise. He himself would take it personal if someone said Roddy Piper was better. He never cared about star ratings but it was about being better.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was enjoying Reigns heel turn initially but now its too much.

It's now become pointless because he never loses and apparently is only under real threat from Brock Lesnar. He's beaten most of the top guys and beat the WWE Champion clean (I don't know why the face WWE Champion will be losing clean, that hurts him more than it builds up Roman).

It's now boring. WWE as a whole is just unnecessarily (and i stress the unnecessarily) boring. They have (or at least had) a very talented roster but it's the same matches with the same guys virtually every single week.

Who in WWE thinks this is good content? It's boring, it's stale and its unnecessary.
    This is where having TV writers would come in handy. The problem isn't necessarily the long title reign in itself, but it's been the "A Plotline" of the show for far too long. A bunch of people who are obviously not going to dethrone him, and it's the main storyline taking up the most screen time being shoved in our face for far too long.

Just like last summer when Sasha/Bayley was temporarily the "A Plot", they need some sort of big storyline that to draw away our attention--Roman still gets his screen times and his challengers, but our main attention is drawn to another big feud. Plus you have the advantage of building up a new face that maybe will be credible to take on Roman down the future.

Ultimate Member

Then again Roman as champ could be keeping some rising star down and make him so unliked that whenever he finally loses the belt he'll have to practically retire for a time as nobody would have any interest in watching him wrestle for a time...

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-28-2021 at 01:29 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

with nothing else going wrestling wise tonight, you can watch Game Changer Wrestling L.A Fights debut show for free on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GameChangerWrestlingVideo

nothing i'm super pumped for but brandon gatson vs jack cartwheel has a lot of potential.

Everyone who signed with AEW in its inception got contracts expiring. It will be interesting to see who they keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everyone who signed with AEW in its inception got contracts expiring. It will be interesting to see who they keep.
    The biggest knock on Khan is he is always signing people and not letting talent go. Its clear...Jim Ross needs kept. Or if your letting Ross go you need that heir to step in and get Joey Styles. But that is unlikely so Khan needs to keep Ross around in booth. (He controls the flow)

Talent needed to be cut :

Christopher Daniels : Was retired a year or 2 ago on TV. Really in his 50's there isn't much for Daniels to do in AEW
    Pac : Seems to be a mid-card heel and AEW has too many of them
    Billy Gunn & Sons : Haven't really done much at all and even a heel turn hasn't made them interesting
    Joey Janela : Nothing much I have seen.
    Penelope Ford : Nothing much I have seen.
    Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Awesome Kong : According to link below she has a contract. But she announced her retirement months ago. Could Khan have forgotten he signed her given all talent ?
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/artic...nings-releases

I think Khan has to cut some dead weight clearly. A lot like Pac and the Gunn family haven't really worked out. So release them and free up money for the coming Bray Wyatt and Kevin Steen signings in 2022. Also AJ's deal according to reports expires in Fall 2022. So...that one has to have a date circled for Tony Khan right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The biggest knock on Khan is he is always signing people and not letting talent go. Its clear...Jim Ross needs kept. Or if your letting Ross go you need that heir to step in and get Joey Styles. But that is unlikely so Khan needs to keep Ross around in booth. (He controls the flow)

Christopher Daniels : Was retired a year or 2 ago on TV. Really in his 50's there isn't much for Daniels to do in AEW
    Billy Gunn & Sons : Haven't really done much at all and even a heel turn hasn't made them interesting
    Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Awesome Kong : According to link below she has a contract. But she announced her retirement months ago. Could Khan have forgotten he signed her given all talent ?
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

I think Khan has to cut some dead weight clearly. A lot like Pac and the Gunn family haven't really worked out. So release them and free up money for the coming Bray Wyatt and Kevin Steen signings in 2022. Also AJ's deal according to reports expires in Fall 2022. So...that one has to have a date circled for Tony Khan right now.
    I don't think Daniels has been seen in AEW since he was forced to retire in his match against the Young Bucks. He's popped up in Impact and will make in appearance in NJPW Strong. I thought he was gone already

PAC is one of the biggest names of AEW and is usually involved with feuds with other big name talent. Tony is definitely not letting him go

Billy Gunn & Sons have finally made it to the main shows starting a feud with Darby Allen. Remember that Billy Gunn is the head producer for the company so he's not going anywhere.

Agreed with Janela. The guy is terrible and finally has nothing to offer the promotion. Even as a job guy AEW has Bardon Cutler and Peter Avalon that do that role far better.

Penelope Ford had a big push in the women's division before the signing of Ruby Soho and Jaime Hayter was able to come back. Introduction of the TBS title pushed her further into the background. She's worth having around if the company where gets around to having women's tag titles

Bea Priestly and Jimmy Havoc have already been released.

Agreed with Kip Sabian

I'll keep Shawn Spears around as an utility player. Have him be a midcard gatekeeper for your Daniel Gracias, Dante Martians and whatever hot young prospects the company wants to push.

I'll throw in Dr. Luthor. The guy only has a job because he's Jericho's buddy and being a deathmatch guy he can't really strive in AEW.

Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

I agree with most of what you're saying, except for Pac. He's not going back to WWE, as things ended badly for him there with the Enzo controversy. And just about every other promotion wouldn't have a place for him as good as the spot he has in AEW. And AEW is a better place with a guy like Pac who can transition from high-flyer to powerhouse and back again.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was enjoying Reigns heel turn initially but now its too much.

It's now become pointless because he never loses and apparently is only under real threat from Brock Lesnar. He's beaten most of the top guys and beat the WWE Champion clean (I don't know why the face WWE Champion will be losing clean, that hurts him more than it builds up Roman).

It's now boring. WWE as a whole is just unnecessarily (and i stress the unnecessarily) boring. They have (or at least had) a very talented roster but it's the same matches with the same guys virtually every single week.

Who in WWE thinks this is good content? It's boring, it's stale and its unnecessary.
    Agreed 100% romin as heel is now as bad as whan he was a face

Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

Daniel's Kong priestly and havock are already gone I agree kip sapian and janeka need to go disagree on the rest pac and Spears are really good.