Page 600 of 902 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

At this point I'm just absolutely sick of everything CM Punk, something I didn't think I'd ever say a couple of years ago.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    At this point I'm just absolutely sick of everything CM Punk, something I didn't think I'd ever say a couple of years ago.
    Man hasn't wrestled since September and he's the most interesting storyline in the company.

In other news in a possible wild move the company decided for the AEW All Access show to have Britt Baker rip on Thunderosa on how she is able to travel and do fan signings etc. Without wrestling and comparing it to how Adam Cole couldn't leave the house. Questioning her desire for AEW. Unless Rosa approved this and its to set up a storyline , the company really doesn't need more backstage problems.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The late Tim White is being given the warrior award

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/16411...A_XyFFnQw&s=19

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except he did play hard ball. He wanted a Rocky III situation as we saw. To win clean like Punk would 2 weeks later.

Khan had to agree to this or the guy could show up at WWE as AEW transitional champion. It was a dumb promoter move.
    Punk claims that Mox did that. Do we have any outside confirmation of it? Because Punk's statement is not credibl

I had thought Danielson was out in spring ...early spring. I'd have went with the guy who was under contract and as you posted...it was Jericho. You really can't put a World title on a guy who isn't under contract. Moxley himself could have jumped and the worry had to sink in once he decided he didn't want to lose clean once to Punk at the PPV and this had Khan push an injured guy back to work 2-3 weeks earlier than expected with Rocky III idea.

In all ...it was a terrible situation but one Khan made himself. There was Jericho who he could have used here. Another possible solution would have been to have let Hiroshi Tanahashi as part of the working relationship NJPW has with AEW held the title til September and have him win it at Forbidden Door. Khan could have had him where he appeared a couple times til September dropping it back to Punk.

There was solutions here but Khan ran to Jon Moxley , didn't really think this one through and Moxley having the power in the situation literally was able to do Rocky finish as he wanted...and Punk was asked by Khan to do that.
    Last I heard...

Tony was still the one in charge.

If Punk wants to cry about how the guy in charge is running the show?

He can do it walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Punk claims that Mox did that. Do we have any outside confirmation of it? Because Punk's statement is not credibl
    Lets see...

- Punk was right when he said he was injured still. Meltzer later admitted he should have said that.

- Punk was right about Rocky III situation as Meltzer and Moxley laid it down.

So the big road block is believing that somehow Moxley objected to putting over CM Punk clean at a PPV without a clean win himself 1st ? Because thus far Punk has proven his side and Meltzer had to admit it.

I think why Moxley is angry is that Punk exposed him in a way. That there has to be people now in AEW looking and going , hold on ...he's only lost CLEAN 2 or 3 times (Someone calculated it was twice in November 2022 at one point) in 3 and half years ? The idea Moxley is looking out for himself in this situation isn't absurd and given he proposed the Rocky III finish its exactly that.

Khan screwed up here. He put the World title on a guy not under contract. He had Jericho and as I pointed out possibly Tanahashi to do this awhile. You never put a World title on someone not under contract to you because it can backfire.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Last I heard...

Tony was still the one in charge.

If Punk wants to cry about how the guy in charge is running the show?

He can do it walking.

Tony is so in charge he put his World title on a guy not under contract. Which had Khan push a guy not cleared yet to return so the worry he may not leave . Great job missing a point...as usual.

Tony is so in charge he put his World title on a guy not under contract. Which had Khan push a guy not cleared yet to return so the worry he may not leave . Great job missing a point...as usual.
    He is the boss.

If he wants to put the belt on a guy with one foot out the door, it is HIS belt to put on them.

Extraordinary Member

We have no evidence that Mox played Hardball. We have evidence that he could have, but not that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    He is the boss.

If he wants to put the belt on a guy with one foot out the door, it is HIS belt to put on them.
    Which is an idiot move. I have no idea why your saying it's ok. This situation could have went worse and as history shows us....it has.

- Medusa trashed a belt on TV.
    - Mike Awesome nearly did it with ECW World title on WCW TV.
    - Tessa Blanchard refused to show up and put someone over in Impact Wrestling a few years ago as World Champion.

So what Khan did ranks up there in dumb moves. You can only hope he learns from this because he may not get lucky again. What if Punk played hard ball and refused the Rocky booking idea here ?

Extraordinary Member

Which is an idiot move. I have no idea why your saying it's ok. This situation could have went worse and as history shows us....it has.

- Tessa Blanchard refused to show up and put someone over in Impact Wrestling a few years ago as World Champion.

So what Khan did ranks up there in dumb moves. You can only hope he learns from this because he may not get lucky again. What if Punk played hard ball and refused the Rocky booking idea here ?
    Mox would have shrugged his shoulders, done the job, and shit talked Punk about it in an interview a couple years down the line

Mox would have shrugged his shoulders, done the job, and shit talked Punk about it in an interview a couple years down the line
    Or....

- Mox gets angry Punk refuses to lose clean to him 1st and wants to stay booked strong. Then he signs with WWE for a huge contract and long term one to work in back as producer , shows up with interim AEW World title and throws in trash can as WWE does a f---k move to that company. Because well....that has happened.

No one really knows how Moxley would have reacted. But you brace for the "worst case" deal at times and this was not a good situation. Its not good to put your championship on a guy who can walk out the door at a moments notice. Because you lose any power in that situation.

I had thought Danielson was out in spring ...early spring. I'd have went with the guy who was under contract and as you posted...it was Jericho. You really can't put a World title on a guy who isn't under contract. Moxley himself could have jumped and the worry had to sink in once he decided he didn't want to lose clean once to Punk at the PPV and this had Khan push an injured guy back to work 2-3 weeks earlier than expected with Rocky III idea.

In all ...it was a terrible situation but one Khan made himself. There was Jericho who he could have used here. Another possible solution would have been to have let Hiroshi Tanahashi as part of the working relationship NJPW has with AEW held the title til September and have him win it at Forbidden Door. Khan could have had him where he appeared a couple times til September dropping it back to Punk.

There was solutions here but Khan ran to Jon Moxley , didn't really think this one through and Moxley having the power in the situation literally was able to do Rocky finish as he wanted...and Punk was asked by Khan to do that.
    it was 10 days early to work a 5min match. and he was coming off a foot injury he picked up stage diving like a jackass. how long did brit baker work with a broken wrist??

Lets see...

- Punk was right when he said he was injured still. Meltzer later admitted he should have said that.

- Punk was right about Rocky III situation as Meltzer and Moxley laid it down.
    you mean DA MELTZ was right because he reported the rocky 3 thing in the 1st place??

So the big road block is believing that somehow Moxley objected to putting over CM Punk clean at a PPV without a clean win himself 1st ? Because thus far Punk has proven his side and Meltzer had to admit it.

I think why Moxley is angry is that Punk exposed him in a way. That there has to be people now in AEW looking and going , hold on ...he's only lost CLEAN 2 or 3 times (Someone calculated it was twice in November 2022 at one point) in 3 and half years ? The idea Moxley is looking out for himself in this situation isn't absurd and given he proposed the Rocky III finish its exactly that.

Khan screwed up here. He put the World title on a guy not under contract. He had Jericho and as I pointed out possibly Tanahashi to do this awhile. You never put a World title on someone not under contract to you because it can backfire.
    he actually didn't screw up there. he trusted mox and mox proved to be trustworthy. he screwed up by putting the belt on punk(twice). the guy under contract is the one who fukt him over.

We have no evidence that Mox played Hardball. We have evidence that he could have, but not that he did.
    people are assuming for some reason tk didn't like the rocky idea and mox forced him.

idk man, he trusted somebody and it worked out for him. it was risky for sure.

mox would've dropped the title to somebody else(probably mjf) and then went on a well deserved vacation.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-30-2023 at 12:17 AM.

Or....

- Mox gets angry Punk refuses to lose clean to him 1st and wants to stay booked strong. Then he signs with WWE for a huge contract and long term one to work in back as producer , shows up with interim AEW World title and throws in trash can as WWE does a f---k move to that company. Because well....that has happened.

No one really knows how Moxley would have reacted. But you brace for the "worst case" deal at times and this was not a good situation. Its not good to put your championship on a guy who can walk out the door at a moments notice. Because you lose any power in that situation.
    you're right we don't know for sure what would've happened. but we do know what did happen, they put punk over clean and he fukt them over immediately, so what was really the dumb move there??

going to bloodsport 9 today
    Singles Match
    Calder McColl vs. Jeff Cobb
    Singles Match
    Kota Ibushi vs. Mike Bailey
    Singles Match
    Bad Dude Tito vs. Yuya Uemura
    Singles Match
    Johnny Bloodsport vs. Royce Isaacs
    Singles Match
    Erik Hammer vs. Calvin Tankman
    Singles Match
    Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. JR Kratos
    Singles Match
    Killer Kelly vs. Marina Shafir
    Singles Match
    Jon Moxley vs. Alex Coughlin
    Singles Match
    Josh Barnett vs. Timothy Thatcher
    should be fun, wish i could stay in town longer and catch another show or 2.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ibushi vs Mike bailey sounds like a banger