Page 881 of 902 FirstFirst ... 381781831871877878879880881882883884885891 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,215 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is a pretty big one. Even though it’s a streaming service deal maybe we see the WWE under TKO loan out some older or younger talent to TNA to get them ring n character time.

Perhaps use TNA like Vince would do with ECW under Herman. Send him some talent to try and get over.
    That's a really good idea

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to Uncle Dave…

Andrade’s deal is ending soon. The guy is debating going back to Mexico and CMLL or possibly signing with WWE if they want him. If he signs with WWE he won’t be going back to Mexico.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm sure HHH would love to have him back. He can pair him with Santos and be a player in the future of lucha story they got going.

Punk is threatening to steal Cody's story. Please no

There was a small, female Danhausen out there for about a half a second.

That might be the cutest thing I have seen all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Punk is threatening to steal Cody's story. Please no
    Nah he went back to Seth.

“He’s not even the Man in his own house hold…” Punk on Rollins.

“Its 2023 ladies and gentlemen, hitting people in the face just doesn’t fly nowadays…” Punk mocking his AEW firing…

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think we all know Punk’s gonna go after Seth. But a big question remains….Knight and Orton want Roman Reigns like Cody does.

Cody seemed to realize that one of their stories will happen come Royal Rumble.

If the WWE wasn’t so big on doing Cody’s story he would make a great disgruntled tweener type. That beating Roman after so long was his birthright and main eventing Wrestlemania. Now it’s been stolen by Orton/Knight vs Roman and Punk vs Rollins.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    My main issue with the C2 is the lack of blocks. Using 12 guys just doesn't feel massive or important, it just feels like another Owen Hart Cup or something (and the mid-card prize doesn't help).

The G1, which this is trying to emulate, works because it's meant to feel like future of the company is riding on it. Sure, most of the guys aren't going to win but they're elevated, or at least promoted, simply by getting that time in front of the audience and any one could be a bump in a main eventer's run.

This doesn't have that feel.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying it, I'm having a great time and the matches have all been solid, but it is just another tourney when it should have been something to hang a month (or more) of programming on and given AEW another genuine USP.
    i think the g1 format is too massive for the american audience, i know it feels like too much for me sometimes.

chris hero is wrestling again next month.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-09-2023 at 01:47 AM.

I think we all know Punk’s gonna go after Seth. But a big question remains….Knight and Orton want Roman Reigns like Cody does.

Cody seemed to realize that one of their stories will happen come Royal Rumble.

If the WWE wasn’t so big on doing Cody’s story he would make a great disgruntled tweener type. That beating Roman after so long was his birthright and main eventing Wrestlemania. Now it’s been stolen by Orton/Knight vs Roman and Punk vs Rollins.
    Orton will Roman's challenger for January. Orton will challenge Roman at the Rumble. If they can get Roman for Elimination Chamber then he can have a triple threat with Orton and Knight with the latter two feuding with each other to build it. Once Cody wins the title Orton can be his first feud building off their friendship and time in Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think the g1 format is too massive for the american audience, i know it feels like too much for me sometimes.

chris hero is wrestling again next month.
    Looking at how many AEW talent have taken to social media to complain about their lack of TV time maybe going massive was the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Orton will Roman's challenger for January. Orton will challenge Roman at the Rumble. If they can get Roman for Elimination Chamber then he can have a triple threat with Orton and Knight with the latter two feuding with each other to build it. Once Cody wins the title Orton can be his first feud building off their friendship and time in Legacy.

Looking at how many AEW talent have taken to social media to complain about their lack of TV time maybe going massive was the way to go.
    *Cough* Elite Tag League *cough*

That was trademarked recently.

There was a rumor prior to C2 of a WTL-like tourney with a twist: everybody is in it. One division of established tags and the other full of random seeded teams.

Sounded fun to me.

A big single elimination tourney would be fun, too.

I like tournaments and they get lots of people in.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think some tournaments can be ok. I had wondered just how many tournaments AEW had ran since 2019. According to Wikipedia it’s been 20+ tournaments ran in 4 years.

That is like 5 tournaments a year. These are the big announced tournaments like the Owen Hart cup and more.

I was surprised at this number.

I think some tournaments can be ok. I had wondered just how many tournaments AEW had ran since 2019. According to Wikipedia it’s been 20+ tournaments ran in 4 years.

That is like 5 tournaments a year. These are the big announced tournaments like the Owen Hart cup and more.

I was surprised at this number.
    Sounds about right for the viewers watching at home.

Danhausen grabbing the ropes and demanding the ref to break the hold outside the ring as Orange's valet was friggin' hilarious.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Eddie was out there like Michael Myer sitting up at the end of Halloween...

“All these kids backstage are telling me they grew up watching me. So I took selfies with them all. Now I can tell you , I grew up watching you and can take a selfie with you.” -Punk to Shawn Michaels.

It was a reunion we knew would happen….Cora Jade ran into CM Punk backstage.

“This is your house now. Whether they love you or hate you…be you.”

Cora being a heel but still in fan girl mode for Punk is a nice moment. She sums it up best , I don’t care what anyone else thinks, CM Punk gave me his approval.