Page 214 of 902 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So the guy who attacked Seth Rollins filmed himself after being released from jail. In it he may not be mentally stable with weird claims about how he did this for his Tribal Chief and more....

"I made my family proud..."
    wouldn't be shocked if he gets a contract. he's 24, over 200lbs and isn't an indy star.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Joe Gacy going after the cruiserweight title because he thinks it's discriminatory is hilarious
    i think joe's gimmick is ****, but that is good. i just hope it doesn't lead to him challenging for the women's title too. they sometimes don't know when to quit.

i'd xpect many jizzed their pants over the punk/mjeff segment. i couldn't sit through it. left the room a few times and was like "this **** is still going??" i really don't like when guys talk about being good on the mic in promos. it's probably just me but for me it's like if a wrestler gets on the mic and says he takes the best bumps, or sells better than anybody and it's even worse if 2 guys are saying it to each other(not sure if that happened here). i know kayfabe is dead but i just don't need to hear that ****.

to be fair though i don't think there's anybody i want to hear talk for that long.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wouldn't be shocked if he gets a contract. he's 24, over 200lbs and isn't an indy star.

i think joe's gimmick is ****, but that is good. i just hope it doesn't lead to him challenging for the women's title too. they sometimes don't know when to quit.

i'd xpect many jizzed their pants over the punk/mjeff segment. i couldn't sit through it. left the room a few times and was like "this **** is still going??" i really don't like when guys talk about being good on the mic in promos. it's probably just me but for me it's like if a wrestler gets on the mic and says he takes the best bumps, or sells better than anybody and it's even worse if 2 guys are saying it to each other(not sure if that happened here). i know kayfabe is dead but i just don't need to hear that ****.

to be fair though i don't think there's anybody i want to hear talk for that long.
    It went beyond both men proclaiming themselves mic gods (and well they are judging from last night , as the promo even had Jim Ross just come out at end and say how impressive that moment was). The 2 attacked each other on everything. If people thought the Kingston promo was good , this one went above it for the epic lines each one threw off. Its really Punk's best mic promo since he went against Rock years earlier.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

I don't see Gacy's character doing that. However, if he ever were to win a championship I can see him being open to letting women challenge him for it because that would be the inclusive thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It went beyond both men proclaiming themselves mic gods (and well they are judging from last night , as the promo even had Jim Ross just come out at end and say how impressive that moment was). The 2 attacked each other on everything. If people thought the Kingston promo was good , this one went above it for the epic lines each one threw off. Its really Punk's best mic promo since he went against Rock years earlier.
    neither of their mic style does anything for me. mjf still seems generic to me and punk, i've just never understood the appeal and probably never will. let me try and put it in a way you'll understand, take shane douglas. the franchise could make me HATE him and desperate to see him get his ass kicked and i think it was because he wasn't trying to be cool or worried about winning a mic battle. he wasn't afraid to look like a jerkoff schmuck. those guys don't do that for me, i don't deny the reactions they get so i'll never say they aren't good/great or effective they just don't connect with me and writing it out helps me figure out why.

WWE is ending their TV deal in Japan.

This is likely because of their new deals with DAZN and DAZN is big in Japan

That Miz line was great, but I also liked when CM Punk threw some shade at Triple H without even mentioning his name: "The only way you’ll be number one around here is if we wait long enough for Tony to have a daughter for you to marry. "
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

I was enjoying Reigns heel turn initially but now its too much.

It's now become pointless because he never loses and apparently is only under real threat from Brock Lesnar. He's beaten most of the top guys and beat the WWE Champion clean (I don't know why the face WWE Champion will be losing clean, that hurts him more than it builds up Roman).

It's now boring. WWE as a whole is just unnecessarily (and i stress the unnecessarily) boring. They have (or at least had) a very talented roster but it's the same matches with the same guys virtually every single week.

Who in WWE thinks this is good content? It's boring, it's stale and its unnecessary.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-26-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Personally thought the MJF/CM Punk promo-off went on a little longer than necessary and that their styles didn't gel too well.

was looking forward to garcia vs kingston but not a fan of the match making. i think both those guys need to win some matches instead of always looking good in defeat.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Gracia is young. He can afford to take losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Gracia is young. He can afford to take losses.
    a win wouldn't hurt him either.

I still stand by what I said before , once AEW starts pushing Garcia and gets the push behind him...Punk's 1st big loss should be to him. MJF as we see doesn't need that. We saw how over a heel he is and what he can do. Garcia will need the big one to put something behind him. Saying he gave CM Punk his 1st AEW loss would be big. If the company gets behind it and gives Punk that type of streak , the guy who snaps it will benefit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So Ric Flair has a podcast and he stunned Mark Madden. In it Madden was trying to create some controversy and having Flair diss Dave Meltzer and his star system. Flair however wouldn't do this and detailed that as much as Mark loves the business , Dave seems to as well. That he has studied , lived it and done it as long as a wrestler would have so he is dedicated to it.

Flair brought up that everyone in the 1980's followed what Meltzer said and they'd be lying if they claimed otherwise. He himself would take it personal if someone said Roddy Piper was better. He never cared about star ratings but it was about being better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was enjoying Reigns heel turn initially but now its too much.

It's now become pointless because he never loses and apparently is only under real threat from Brock Lesnar. He's beaten most of the top guys and beat the WWE Champion clean (I don't know why the face WWE Champion will be losing clean, that hurts him more than it builds up Roman).

It's now boring. WWE as a whole is just unnecessarily (and i stress the unnecessarily) boring. They have (or at least had) a very talented roster but it's the same matches with the same guys virtually every single week.

Who in WWE thinks this is good content? It's boring, it's stale and its unnecessary.
    This is where having TV writers would come in handy. The problem isn't necessarily the long title reign in itself, but it's been the "A Plotline" of the show for far too long. A bunch of people who are obviously not going to dethrone him, and it's the main storyline taking up the most screen time being shoved in our face for far too long.

Just like last summer when Sasha/Bayley was temporarily the "A Plot", they need some sort of big storyline that to draw away our attention--Roman still gets his screen times and his challengers, but our main attention is drawn to another big feud. Plus you have the advantage of building up a new face that maybe will be credible to take on Roman down the future.

Ultimate Member

Then again Roman as champ could be keeping some rising star down and make him so unliked that whenever he finally loses the belt he'll have to practically retire for a time as nobody would have any interest in watching him wrestle for a time...