Page 684 of 902 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694734784 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 13529

Yay Starks!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He just ran one territory. Ring of Honor was owned by a company. The comparison doesn't work.

Cornette books for a regional territory mindset. Like how old Crockett was on that committee at one point awhile. He was on WWF booking committee in 1990s awhile. But his experience is basically booking territories. Not national companies.

Again Jim Cornette has never booked a national company solely himself. Its not an easy situation being sole booker of a national company and even Tony Khan with his billions of dollars has had people discuss how his booking hasn't helped some guys due to hot/cold style he's ran for a long while. And some angles take too long to hit.

Jim Cornette books an old school territory way since that is how he grew up into the business. He doesn't want a job with AEW and has said this a few times as he makes money with his podcast , selling on his website and more.
    Thank you for proving the point that Corny doesn't know what he's talking about. He's a small minded man stuck in the past. Wasn't he voted off all but Crockett's booking committee, too?

To add to this... the whole "well Cornette sunk SMW !" well...you could say the same for Jerry Jarrett and Jerry Lawler at USWA. But both sayings are foolish because the era of territories was dying by the 1990s.

- Portland was once a hot territory for 40+ years. It died in the early 90s.
    - Texas was DOA after the whole attempt by Global Wrestling there.
    - Florida was dead by the late 1980s.

So you had 2 territories TRYING to keep going. USWA became a farm league for WWF to send guys for years. Which helped keep the promotion around essentially. I will say it....I don't think had WWF not did this in 90s then USWA would have closed its doors sooner.

Smokey Mountain was going off young talent and older ones not signed. But once guys who came through was signed it would hurt them. The WWF used them as a bit of a farm league too and would let Cornette book big stars at times. But the company was slowly dying like USWA was for a reason.

The Monday Night Wars made both companies really obsolete. The high production and quality of matches WWF and WCW were doing really hurt both. SMW was losing money awhile due to trying to keep going and died within that year of 1995. USWA would take a massive blow once the Monday Night Wars kicked in because crowds for Monday shows were gone , staying at home to watch that. They tried a new night but....as Baron says...CRUMBLE , CRUMBLE , CRUMBLE.

In all ways none of the territory owners were at fault here. The business was changing and evolving as we saw into big national style companies. I give USWA and SMW credit for being the real last territories left then. With USWA being the final one to finally die in 1997.
    If we're gonna rank terrible bookers, Lawler and the Jarretts are right there with Corny. The Jerry 's can fight for the #3 spot, #2 goes to Jeff.

Corny definitely gets that #1 spot, but don't fret... The award is named after the all-time worst booker, Russo.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So the rumor on banned AEW spots got some soft confirmation from ADBD. He pitched a spot board where people can call spots and they can only get used once with approval. Kind of like CHIKARA used to do.

Examples include super kick parties, apron moves, and long submission escapes.

This came from ADBD, Washington , and other new bookers agreeing with the critical view of "AEW spotfests" and "no logic matches" that happen on AEW TV and PPV often.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Thank you for proving the point that Corny doesn't know what he's talking about. He's a small minded man stuck in the past. Wasn't he voted off all but Crockett's booking committee, too?

If we're gonna rank terrible bookers, Lawler and the Jarretts are right there with Corny. The Jerry 's can fight for the #3 spot, #2 goes to Jeff.

Corny definitely gets that #1 spot, but don't fret... The award is named after the all-time worst booker, Russo.
    Memphis was a great territory there running awhile in 70s and 80s with things we see on YouTube. Smokey Mountain had some ok stuff for being a 90s indie. Not everything was gold.

And without Russo...there was no Attitude Era. He had a great editor with Vince McMahon. But yeah...Russo alone was awful. Russo with Vince as editor was solid.

This list seems very incomplete without really the things there. Not all of these people booked gold sure. But there was good there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

corny is a carny jackoff who will likely be the 1st person fired from his own podcast.

did anybody watch the impact ppv??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-16-2023 at 12:55 AM.

Dutch brought up a good things about WWE and how he was there in the back when Bryan Danielson (aka Daniel Bryan) got hot with fans.

- He brings up how Vince was in charge then and very , very stubborn. That fans wanted Bryan and as the co-host brings up...were chanting for him disrupting segments and more at times. Mantell brings up how Vince is Irish and has that stubborn belief at times. Where he had booking plans and didn't wanna push Bryan until people had to convince him backstage that Daniel Bryan was that over to do it.

- He praises LA Knight and how he's gotten so over HIMSELF. That fans will tell you what they want and they want him as the TV shows. He brings up that Knight is #4 on merch sales right now ...and the guy lost 6 straight matches at one point. But he's hot right now and unlike in the past , the WWE will now respond to this and push him he feels. The best move was getting him away from Maximum Male Models deal which was awful.

- Dutch brings up how the WWE had to make fans boo Roman Reigns when he returned in 2020 and the storyline finally got hot last year. All the elements hit. You had Roman , the Usos , Sammy Zayn and Kevin Owens by extension all get hot. Cody had his own built in storyline and came in Hot. Then you now have LA Knight who is hot. This is a great thing to see on a card when all these guys are legit hot booking wise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think a poster here weeks ago during our discussion of how some people back in 70s n 80s viewed pro wrestling as real , brought up Mexico doing this. No idea who it was that did. Buy in a report today....

It's said that at the post match press conference after a Kenny Omega match ; Don Callis was assaulted by a fan. He was taken to a hospital.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wrestli...xxi-in-tijuana
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 07-16-2023 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    corny is a carny jackoff who will likely be the 1st person fired from his own podcast.

did anybody watch the impact ppv??
    It was a good ppv, Trinity became Knockouts champ and Lio Rush became X-division. Subculture won the Tag belts and Eric Young came back

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Blue Kane is no more, the Indietaker ended him for good.
    Good. Blue Kane is trash

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Good. Blue Kane is trash
    Indietaker? Blue Kane?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Indietaker? Blue Kane?
    Blue Kane is an indie guy who wore a blue variant of Kane's costume and did his gimmick abit changing the fire to snow and having lots of ice based catchphrases. It seemed to be born from wrestling twitter hating Kane now because of his political views. I dislike his views too but that won't make me accept a cheap imitation that does all his stuff worse.

It's clue to end Blue Kane....they needed ...

THE GRAVEDIGGER !

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Blue Kane is an indie guy who wore a blue variant of Kane's costume and did his gimmick abit changing the fire to snow and having lots of ice based catchphrases. It seemed to be born from wrestling twitter hating Kane now because of his political views. I dislike his views too but that won't make me accept a cheap imitation that does all his stuff worse.
    So a Parody? I don't mind that I mean it doesn't do any damage to the real kane.

It's clue to end Blue Kane....they needed ...

THE GRAVEDIGGER !

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So a Parody? I don't mind that I mean it doesn't do any damage to the real kane.
    Indietaker (another Cardona gimmick) ended the Blue Kane storyline right before a bunch of lawsuits started.

Indietaker (another Cardona gimmick) ended the Blue Kane storyline right before a bunch of lawsuits started.
    Darn...Blue Kane was the funniest the actual Kane character had been in 10+ years