Page 177 of 902 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sadly I was outta town for the match. Not a huge star type wrestling fan who gives stars out. If a match was good I'd say as much or terrible . Back in the days of Raw/Nitro reviews I'd rank a show overall.

If someone had said 62 year old Sting , years after a neck issue that could have ended his career could get into ring and do what I saw clips of last night I'd have said...no way. But its like he found the fountain of youth in AEW and can rock it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

AEW Rampage is staying on TNT in 2022 instead of moving to TBS. Dynamite will still be moving to TBS, per WON.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sadly I was outta town for the match. Not a huge star type wrestling fan who gives stars out. If a match was good I'd say as much or terrible . Back in the days of Raw/Nitro reviews I'd rank a show overall.

If someone had said 62 year old Sting , years after a neck issue that could have ended his career could get into ring and do what I saw clips of last night I'd have said...no way. But its like he found the fountain of youth in AEW and can rock it.
    I was shocked Sting could still move that well.

After all the stuff I read about Sting's physical condition, I thought he couldn't work anymore.

I was really impressed...the guy is 62 years old.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wrestling fans arguing star ratings is the best thing about the internet, especially when it comes down to fractions of a snowflake.

oh, and i almost forgot FOCK DA MELTZ!!
    right up there with hearing how people scored individual UFC match rounds...

Extraordinary Member

I’m satisfied with great matches, regardless of how they compare to each other or why; while special matches will always be special, great matches guarantee, regardless of whether they have four or five star, to supply the catharsis the storylines need to keep me reinvesting.

The more AEW puts just enough pressure on Vince’s pride (rather than the company, since let’s be honest, his pride is more vulnerable than his company will ever be), the more likely he is to allow great matches like Big E’s this week, while AEW is still going to be doing that as part of their usual MO.

The “Golden Ending” here is Vince being moved ever so slightly to stop enough of his control freak addictions to allow his Big Men, Over Ten Top Sports Entertainment product to be what it should be, and let AEW be the wrestling show at the same time, with the other companies being able to do their thing with them as well.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was shocked Sting could still move that well.

After all the stuff I read about Sting's physical condition, I thought he couldn't work anymore.

I was really impressed...the guy is 62 years old.
    I'd say recovering awhile helped. It helped Edge to heal up and stay at home awhile as he did so he could return as we see. Had Angle did it like Edge he'd likely be working today but Kurt kept going. (which as we know hit him years later body wise)

Listening to an interview with Hulk Hogan on Austin's podcast he too wanted to do some quick surgeries and get himself healed a few years to return. He just never realized how badly his back surgeries would go. (9 total back surgeries and injecting stem cells into his back now which he claims helps)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

that last line
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I just think the last 10 minutes were the great part. The rest was just good. And in a way, I think trying to deny that goes against what they aimed for all along....just a teaser, a deliberate holding back somewhat to wet the appetite for this showdown again.
    But that's just how I see it. We all see the matches differently, judge differently, I respect that.
    i don't see it. it can still be great even if they saved some stuff for the future. again, i have no issues with how you feel about the match. good, great, ok, whatever. i wasn't invested in the match anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    right up there with hearing how people scored individual UFC match rounds...
    that's more understandable as it's a real competition with set judging criteria, but yeah can still be pretty funny. for real comedy you should've seen some of our posters assessments of cm punk's mma "career" lololol.

i have mixed feeling about impact. on one hand i've been saying josh alexander should be in the world title picture since he debuted, otoh i hate "option c" as i feel it's a huge contributor to the x-division never being able to regain it's magic. props to them for finally going all the way in on the inter-gender wrestling and not half assing it. i think it's one of those things you either do it or you don't.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE has scrubbed all traces of Joe Gacy gimmick. I hope they didn't decide to kill it before it got going

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE has scrubbed all traces of Joe Gacy gimmick. I hope they didn't decide to kill it before it got going
    It seemed the gimmick got the wrong kind of attention.

WWE has used a lot of "political" gimmicks to get what they want but we live in a different era now.

EVERYTHING is political nowadays and people pay a lot more attention to some of this stuff than ever before.

Astonishing Member

It was a good concept but the execution, down to the name was terrible and in poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It was a good concept but the execution, down to the name was terrible and in poor taste.
    That's his indie name. He had it before WWE.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

That's his indie name. He had it before WWE.
    Does that matter? They change names all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Does that matter?
    Yes. The name can't be in poor taste if wasn't made for the gimmick.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Malakai Black seems really over right now for such a newcomer, and I'm really enjoying his in-ring work and his promo/gimmick work right now. He really, really impresses me, he has this presence about him. I hope AEW recognizes how good he is right now....this seems like this could potentially be his prime (with more freedom to wrestle how he wants)(though I'm sure some will say his prime was his NXT run).

I like that his style could fit well with big bulky guys, smaller cruiserweight types, veteran wrestlers, etc.

I'd love see everyone work with him...Mox, PAC, Darby, Punk, Danielson, Kenny, Christian, Cole, etc (and I know he's faced people like Cole already).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-24-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”