Page 594 of 902 FirstFirst ... 94494544584590591592593594595596597598604644694 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    My favorite part of the Rey/Dominik feud:

Dominik Mysterio on Raw saying he asked for a new car for his 16th birthday and was saddled with a BMW (not even an 'M' series!) instead of the Mercedes-Benz all his friends were driving.

There a statute of limitations on child neglect?
    I was rolling while watching that segment. I am thinking the match between Rey and Dom won't be official until the night of the HOF? I see Dom and Rhea showing up during Rey's speech / induction and Rey's wife or daughter taking a bump to finally set up the match.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So I was watching Ken Patera discuss his final AWA run and well...this was how bad things had gotten. People like to point at Impact Wrestling as fading into oblivion a lot. But the AWA under Verne Gagne literally did that.

- Patera was running his gyms then and really didn't plan to wrestle anymore. Got a call from Wahoo McDaniel who asked him if he wanted to come in. Patera could only do it 1 or 2 days a week due to his business. Wahoo was like...thats all we do nowadays anyway.

- Wahoo told him how Verne and Ray "Crippler" Stevens were booking the company. And Verne was refusing to listen to anyone or get help on running it all. Each week was going LOWER....AND LOWER...and the company was dying.

- So he was teamed up with Brad Reingas who he liked and who competed as an amateur wrestler and could have won the Gold medal in 1980 Olympics had it happened. The 2 won the AWA World Tag team title right as Brad went in for a knee surgery. Patera didn't want to team with anyone else and decided to leave the company and told Wahoo to wind him down in the company.

- Months later he got a call to show up and look at this whole NEW FORMAT that Verne Gagne was gonna try. This was basically an empty studio with no fans watching and piped in audience cheers. Him and Sgt. Slaughter was stunned at this and he called it the drizzlin sh-ts and left.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't remember this promo happening. Man, Miz buried Enzo

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wrasslin/co...t=share_button

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I bet when Jon Moxley goes grocery shopping he bleeds too. Or talking to his next door neighbors
    CM Punk clown him for this too

https://vxtwitter.com/patricktheheel...bIcRqbUxJuE6mA

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I remember that one. I like me some hardcore and bleeding in matches....at times. But if your doing it weekly it loses its "punch" on TV. Moxley has made it more of a joke and I don't think he or AEW realizes it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Andy Kaufman is being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Extremely deserved.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Has the Great Muta been inducted yet ? I had saw online he's coming up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Has the Great Muta been inducted yet ? I had saw online he's coming up for it.
    It was announced last week that Ric Flair will induct him.

WWE at its lowest - Shorty G and the Maxine Dupri feuding over Otis (Otese') lol

The models keep ducking the OC. This is the second time they've postponed the match

Saw a Gable clip of him and Otis. Its like Gable is literally Kurt Angle 2k23 now. The guy has all his comedic mannerisms etc.

So this AEW controversy was missed 2 weeks ago....

- Inde wrestler August Artois tweeted out that he was offered a tryout match on AEW Dark. He thanked AEW but had a prior booking already on that date and hopefully next time he could do it.

So that should be OK right there...right ?

- NOPE...

Captain Shawn Dean who books Dark ripped August in a reply tweet for no real reason. Mad he wouldn't cancel a booking made already.

Plus as one podcast guy is saying...he wasn't trashing AEW or the show Dark. He has a booking.

Then Mark Henry chimed in to rip on him and say this was an example of what not to do.

Both guys seem to support no showing dates booked apparently. And trashing honest workers who keep their word.

Ricky Morton was nicer and said he likes the not breaking an agreed on booking but he needs to think of himself and money n eyes on him next time. Morton gave him some props and seems to understand actually making your shows you book.

Artois didn't back down to them either and at last check told AEW fans he wouldn't erase the tweet. Because...again he did nothing wrong.

I know a lot of wrestlers are ripped on staying too long in the business past the point they can work good like a Ric Flair. Bruno Sammartino in a phone interview was asked this deal.

- Backstory was Bruno was asked by Vince McMahon if he'd come back awhile and work. He partly did to help his son David Sammartino and to work with a new generation of WWF stars then.

- Bruno was not happy with his return and felt he was a shell of himself or the man he once was. He was 52 at this point and felt he was past his prime then and feels the fans were really not getting what they deserved from him then. But Vince told him that Boston attendance was down and they needed him so he was talked into returning.

- He has nothing against the men he worked with like Roddy Piper , Honky Tonkman or Randy Savage. Its just at that age he felt he wasn't at his best then.

Bruno came back to help out his son and David never amounted to anything in the business. Being on the card for the first WrestleMania was the highlight of his career

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bruno came back to help out his son and David never amounted to anything in the business. Being on the card for the first WrestleMania was the highlight of his career
    Yeah, the only thing David had going for him was a nice power slam but he never became anything in the biz.