Page 644 of 902 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I thought about it and I think a larger implication of Collision is that kinda points to Rampage ending up failure. Low ratings, has failed to generate much buzz (Rampage has had some memorable matches tho now & then). The odds were always stacked against Rampage, sure, but still, a failure is a failure.
    If I was AEW , I'd turn Rampage into a clip/highlight show to promote Saturday's Collision. You can have it like the Power Hour that WCW had on Friday's. But your using the program to sell angles from Wednesday's shows and promoting Saturday's show as well as Ring of Honor (Honor Club). You can have some matches air on it from Ring of Honor and AEW pre-shows.

Rampage would be a great vehicle to get someone in there in a fun old WWF Superstars deal where Monsoon and Heenan would do that. Get a good face commentator like Schiavone and pair him with Callis.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Punk and AEW are at odds again. This time it's over ace steel

https://twitter.com/drainbamager/sta...NzbWFSeIVPjUAg

Punk also made an Instagram story directed at Bryan Alvarez

https://twitter.com/wrestlepurists/s...NzbWFSeIVPjUAg

Hey guys. What else should i be watching outside WWE and AEW? I want to expand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Holy **** Punk's an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHerb View Post
    Impact Wrestling and NJPW Strong.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

New Japan is a good start.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

According to a comment on top link Bob Sapp is claiming that Punk requested his return not be spoiled. That he asked to be not mentioned in promotional materials.

Edit ...Sapp has said NO ONE knows why Punk was removed from the materials. He just posted it a minute ago.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 05-17-2023 at 03:57 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Punk with an instagram video saying that people who pick sides are silly and they need to touch grass

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...o_dashinit.mp4

Extraordinary Member

Impact and NJPW

Upfronts pretty much are pointing to anything with Punk is a work from this point on.

And the only new piece of info that wasn't ever confirmed is that AEW has a 5 person booking team post All Out: TK, QT, Pat Buck, Sanjay Dutt, and Washington. Jericho, Wight, Henry moonlight.

The dollar amout won't be made public till quarterlies, which sounds like September when the deal roles over. We already know the rollover amount (which will be a net ~$200M increase), it's the new show and streaming rites that will be tacked on. It COULD be that rumored billion when you combine all three which means the haters will say it doesn't count. And the smarks will over inflate that number.

Oh and I saw AEW WrestleDream listed as a PPV, so that's what that TM was.

Edit to add: reading the variety summary, sounds like Rampage is having the Dark/Elevation team move production over there. So it might be the enhancement/magazine show and/or C show..
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-17-2023 at 05:27 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

As someone here who was around during the lean years (2002 to mid 2010's) no one should discount what AEW has managed to do in 4 years of existence. I give Tony sh-t as a booker and well...its deserved given the booking has been uneven and off at times. But as a business man he's been able to build a national promotion in 4 years that will sign a huge deal that will guarantee its existence ahead.

AEW getting a billion dollar deal is a huge thing. I was around when the business was pretty down here on CBR. All we literally had was WWE , TNA and Ring of Honor for a number of years. And with TNA and ROH its like they were struggling to stay around. We had more indies and Japan but the business as a whole was really , not in a good spot then.

So I'll give Tony Khan credit for creating a national company that is doing very well as an alternative to WWE.

30 minutes ago Ric Flair broke the news on Twitter.... Superstar Billy Graham has passed away at 79. Its been confirmed.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1289302...assed-away-79/

When people discuss tough , they need to remember this guy for at least the last decade was told he wouldn't make it so many times. Yet he wasn't gonna go down.

RIP Superstar. Let the tye dye flow there man.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I thought about it and I think a larger implication of Collision is that kinda points to Rampage ending up failure. Low ratings, has failed to generate much buzz (Rampage has had some memorable matches tho now & then). The odds were always stacked against Rampage, sure, but still, a failure is a failure.
    how can you call it a failure if it's part of the path to the new big money deal??

depends what you're looking for and if you want to pay anything. if you like to see upcoming young talent before they hit nxt, aew, impact i'd suggest signing up for FITE 7 day free trial and check out some GCW shows and test it out. you'll see some familiar faces mixing it up with a lot of young and international talent. it's been worth the $8 a month imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Holy **** Punk's an idiot
    i think punk is more of an ******* and steel is the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to a comment on top link Bob Sapp is claiming that Punk requested his return not be spoiled. That he asked to be not mentioned in promotional materials.

Edit ...Sapp has said NO ONE knows why Punk was removed from the materials. He just posted it a minute ago.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp
    jesus super, i guess it's a step up from vince russo's facebook group but you're getting you're info from bob fukn sapp now??

If this latest Punk BS is a work it's the dumbest work ever, how does making your top star look like a overdramatic whiney bitch help anyone? Why would you want people to think he won't be on the new show? If you're a casual who tuned out once Punk left you aren't going to tune into the 1st episode of Collison if you're told he won't be on it. Every alleged work AEW does is always so convoluted and makes the company look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    If this latest Punk BS is a work it's the dumbest work ever, how does making your top star look like a overdramatic whiney bitch help anyone? Why would you want people to think he won't be on the new show? If you're a casual who tuned out once Punk left you aren't going to tune into the 1st episode of Collison if you're told he won't be on it. Every alleged work AEW does is always so convoluted and makes the company look bad.
    if it's not a work and he is an overdramatic whiney bitch, i can't feel sorry for tk at all.