Page 244 of 902 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well judging from reports of tapings...Ring of Honor has an invasion angle running now on Impact.

PCO , Mike Bennent , Maria , Vincent and Matt Tavern showed up and attacked some people there.

Also Ring of Honor is relaunching in April as they claim. So this angle seems to be heading towards that PPV.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

RoH usually runs Super Card of Honor in April. If they are coming back then it will be a promotional show with Impact instead of New Japan.

From the looks of it, Impact is running a show the same time as Super Card of Honor an hour away, so if it is a cross-promotion show it will be interesting to see how they pull it off.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

The last 2 years been interesting. Impact seems like the comical middle promotion for these invasions. From AEW and Omega with Callis pulling the strings there and now the Ring of Honor group.

It kinda would make sense if its Callis as the manager in a bit of revenge. Since he was fired for what he did with Omega and Good Brothers last year onscreen.

Now back to try and take down Impact with a group.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

AEW never did an invasion of Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW never did an invasion of Impact
    Not from what we saw happen with the people involved.

I mean its almost like a NWO type deal in a way. Where the NWO invaded WCW. You had 2 Outsiders in Nash & Hall , with the lone WCW guy (Hogan). The 3 men soon were running rough shot over things in WCW. Then it was revealed Bischoff was behind it all. In this you had the 2 Impact guys (Good Brothers) with the Outsider come in with Omega. Having help from Callis.

I mean you and others can keep saying it wasn't an invasion but it literally played as one where the outsider with friends took over awhile until they lost power (Callis) and the belts.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 01-11-2022 at 05:48 AM.

Each year Impact should work with a company to do Invasions. Like after this year with ROH , contact the NWA and see if they are open to having folks show up and invade. Then after that one see what MLW is doing and if they wanna invade the company. It would be funny that every year people show up to invade.

Maybe we can get Game Changer Wrestling since they are moving more away from death matches and now have .....THE CHOSEN ONE there....

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not from what we saw happen with the people involved.

I mean its almost like a NWO type deal in a way. Where the NWO invaded WCW. You had 2 Outsiders in Nash & Hall , with the lone WCW guy (Hogan). The 3 men soon were running rough shot over things in WCW. Then it was revealed Bischoff was behind it all. In this you had the 2 Impact guys (Good Brothers) with the Outsider come in with Omega. Having help from Callis.

I mean you and others can keep saying it wasn't an invasion but it literally played as one where the outsider with friends took over awhile until they lost power (Callis) and the belts.
    Because it wasn't. All it amounted to is having Kenny appear on Impact and Callis with the good brothers on AEW. Only a handful crossover and it definitely wasn't to take over

RoH just announced Super Card of Honor for April 1st
    https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ro...las-fort-worth

Ultimate Member

Though it is April Fool's day so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though it is April Fool's day so who knows...
    Night 1 of Wrestlemania is on the 2nd. This being their show for Wrestlemania weekend is inline with the history of this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Because it wasn't. All it amounted to is having Kenny appear on Impact and Callis with the good brothers on AEW. Only a handful crossover and it definitely wasn't to take over
    Ok lets examine this again... there is only 1 real power in pro wrestling and its the title belts for a heel group to take. The NWO wasn't gonna suddenly make WCW go outta business by taking over its board room or anything silly like that. It was the title belts to "take over". That is how it usually works for any heel stable , let alone people from another company appearing and doing this. Its their version of "taking over".

What Kenny Omega did was basically with Don Callis , take over AEW as we saw. Callis helped him there and then helped him in Impact with help from the Good Brothers. They became a top stable there for some months and ran things. It could be 3 people , 5 , 10 ...but the end result was ...Omega was the outsider who came in and took the "power" (that being World title) of the company.

And I can see why Impact/AEW kept it those 3 and Callis on Impact side. They didn't need a lot of folks showing up there in this angle (They had Good Brothers on AEW TV as we saw). This worked for both sides to keep it contained as this small NWOish type stable there.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NWO wasn't gonna suddenly make WCW go outta business by taking over its board room or anything silly like that.
    That's kind of exactly what they did by having the on-screen head of WCW in Eric Bischoff join the group.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Speaking of Impact , the company that was given up for dead numerous times in its history will now have ran 20 years this June. Out living WCW and ECW combined now. Who would think that this company that launched as NWA-TNA back in June 2002 would survive 20 years ? I remember being on this forum back before the reboot in the late 2000s where I was told TNA was going outta business in 5-7 months (can't remember which). Yet here we are in the year 2022 and the company is still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That's kind of exactly what they did by having the on-screen head of WCW in Eric Bischoff join the group.
    I think we know that Bischoff then (before the group got too MASSIVE and plans were to create a NWO show and company) was a typical heel stable money guy. Where the evil executive was spending money to take over. In fact we have to remember back before they decided on it being Eric Bischoff , they were gonna use Ted Dibiase as the rich guy paying all these guys to "take over" then. Bischoff was just ..perfect. He was the VP of the company and onscreen he could brag he was spending Turner's money to "take over" and more with titles etc.

At one point in a promo Bischoff makes it clear the NWO was about money and power as he detailed how the NWO wanted more money from Ted , bigger limos etc. It was more or less...a good angle that ran awhile and should have logically ended at Starrcade 1997 with Sting. (but Bischoff by this point wanted to create a NWO show)