Page 247 of 902 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The biggest issue with using license music with wrestling is when it comes to the library. Using music for streaming and home video is it's own rights issue and tends to be more expensive. This is how a lot of TV show get screwed over when it comes to box set releases. Why it took WWE so long adding ECW content on the network. They had to dub over a lot of music
    Yeah. I absolutely loved how ECW used commercial/licensed music. Scorpio coming out to Whoomp by Tag Team or Kool & Gang's Jungle Boogie. RVD with Pantera.

It was great. WWE removed the music from the ECW DVDs as well. Though Pioneer mostly removed or much trimmed the music on the ECW DVDs even when ECW was still around.

Anyway, I think the music was a big aspect to ECW and a not insignificant part of why it and certain wrestlers were cool and so loved.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well of course Heyman got around that issue himself with licensed music as he claims there is a thing he did tweaking static to allow use of it or close to it . He told Graves in a special as Graves was like , how did ECW get around using licensed music. And Heyman claims he spoke to someone (maybe his father) who told him how to do this and he was able to use the music.
    Very interesting. Growing up, I always just assumed they used the actual songs legally. Being older and wiser now, I should have figured that that was unlikely given the costs. So it is amazing how Heyman got away with using what he did.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-13-2022 at 07:49 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

I think it was because at first ECW was a small niche market. Sort of like how you can sell bootleg star wars tees in nowheresville Mississippi but once your shirt shop gets attention and goes national the black helicopters come in to shut you down. Luther Campbell went by Luke Skyywalker for a minute when no one knew about 2 live Crew but when they got a little notoriety the cease and desist and thus Uncle Luke was born. ECW was counter cultural and big for wrestling marks but I don't think it rose to the level catching record label's attention. Now the WWE would get their attention but ECW kinda skirted past that because it wasn't a national phenomenon it was a wrestling one.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I think it was because at first ECW was a small niche market. Sort of like how you can sell bootleg star wars tees in nowheresville Mississippi but once your shirt shop gets attention and goes national the black helicopters come in to shut you down. Luther Campbell went by Luke Skyywalker for a minute when no one knew about 2 live Crew but when they got a little notoriety the cease and desist and thus Uncle Luke was born. ECW was counter cultural and big for wrestling marks but I don't think it rose to the level catching record label's attention. Now the WWE would get their attention but ECW kinda skirted past that because it wasn't a national phenomenon it was a wrestling one.
    I would think the record labels would have started cracking down once ECW got PPV and being on TNN.

I would think the record labels would have started cracking down once ECW got PPV and being on TNN.
    A lot of intros were cut or talked over on the TNN shows.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yeah. I absolutely loved how ECW used commercial/licensed music. Scorpio coming out to Whoomp by Tag Team or Kool & Gang's Jungle Boogie. RVD with Pantera.

It was great. WWE removed the music from the ECW DVDs as well. Though Pioneer mostly removed or much trimmed the music on the ECW DVDs even when ECW was still around.

Anyway, I think the music was a big aspect to ECW and a not insignificant part of why it and certain wrestlers were cool and so loved.

Very interesting. Growing up, I always just assumed they used the actual songs legally. Being older and wiser now, I should have figured that that was unlikely given the costs. So it is amazing how Heyman got away with using what he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I too thought ECW had deals with the companies. Well as Paul Heyman tells Graves... "Yes we were pirating the music..." Paul claims there was a loophole called ambient music that you didn't have to pay for music if you played it through a feed back then and its how he got away with it all.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1588275374600330
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Heyman conning people and cutting corners shouldn't be a shock. :O
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well as he claims....we were outlaws. So him finding ways around things sounds like Paul Heyman. Lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well as he claims....we were outlaws. So him finding ways around things sounds like Paul Heyman. Lol
    I give you that!

So him finding ways around things sounds like Paul Heyman. Lol
    Like paying his wrestlers.

*rimshot*
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Like I said about the Antonio Brown situation last week , MLW will have to prove these allegations in court.
    If it makes it to court

Astonishing Member

So in a moment that I'm sure Ring of Honor fans never imagined...tonight at Hard to Kill on PPV the ROH World Title was defended. The current champion faced Chris Sabin to defend the title. The rules were ROH set rules.

I'm sure no one ever imagined that the former TNA would book that. Let alone try to keep the name around for its fans.
    love Pure Wrestling Rules match
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    If it makes it to court
    the lawyers representing mlw in this don't seem like the type to take a bad case. it not being a criminal case they don't have to prove anything without reasonable doubt, so if the people from tubi and vice are willing to talk they have a decent case. most likely what they're looking for is a settlement anyways so it could work out for them.

my questions about brody king were answered. he got a decent reaction as the crowd seemed to know who he was and he kept the name. would be cool if they finally signed lindsay snow and put her with them.

watched some impact.

didn't realize Bullet Club invasion was still ongoing. damn they get invaded a lot. anyways, bey vs laredo was good.

was good to see speedball on tv. they should be doing more with jake something by now.

charlie haas?? fuk off with that.

impact clearly doesn't know the rules of invasion having roh championship matches with roh commentators during and roh invasion.

don't care about moose vs big cassery at all.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-14-2022 at 01:27 AM.

I am down with heel Deeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Like paying his wrestlers.

*rimshot*
    A number of them kept working even when they realized Heyman wouldn't be able to pay them as crazy as it sounds. With the belief that the company would rebound and like usual Paul would save it all. Rob Van Dam I believe detailed that Paul E. owed him such an amount at one point he knew he would never get paid. But he told Heyman to just pay him for the one show he worked (I believe it was the last ECW PPV) and that would be fine. So he got paid for that one to just work.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You know, it's funny, someone said ECW wouldn't have gotten away with music pirating if it was a "national phenomena"....well, I'm damn sure not from PA or Philly and somehow I got to watching ECW in 1997 or 1998. Somehow, ECW got out of its smaller market.

I was thinking about it and I'm not even certain how I even got into ECW at age 15/16, it damn sure wasn't WWF's crossovers that got me into ECW, I very probably got into it from my cousin (who I went to an ECW show with in 1998), who was into niche/underground skating videos (Tony Hawk and others). Maybe it was a VHS thing, I don't know, because I don't recall my cousin even being much of wrestling fan before ECW (whereas I grew up practically raised by WWF Coliseum Home Videos).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-14-2022 at 08:17 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”