Page 398 of 902 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Punk's promo is on AEW YouTube right now. Its clear Khan views it for what it was...a further push of the heat the 2 men have onscreen.
    This was CM Punk's promo. Its clear it was to set up a rematch ffor Page. A fact AEW placed it on YouTube page...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well the ratings referenced are YouTube views.

16 of AEW's top 25 segments have Orange Cassidy.

Jericho and Omega are tied with 7. Moxley has 2, Britt 2, and Statlander 2. Punk has 3 and ADBD & MJF have 4.

Punk only jumped into the top 10 merch sales his first 2 weeks.

Orange Cassidy, Danhausen, Jericho, Omega, and Dark Order have been their top 5. Punk is not listed on their 15 top merch sellers.

I'm also fairly confident AEW sells those shows out with or without Punk. Case in point, Punk was on the roster before the New York show sold out. ADBD bumped the needle on that one.

If you go the traditional ratings route, MJF & Jericho bring the highest 1/4 hour ratings. Jade is next, followed by Omega the Bryan. Punk only popped on his debut.

You know when Punk pops on social media and traditional ratings? When he's a heel. Those segments are where he jumps. To borrow from HHH, heel Punk is best for business.

We shall see how they handle this.
    Well its a good thing AEW actually has a list of the top 5 Merch sellers of the year shown. CM Punk has 5 of the top products.

https://www.shopaew.com/topsellers/all

Again its nice YouTube can tell us this source of segments...since again...Punk's been gone 3 months lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

there was one part of moxleys promo i didn't like, when he said his title didn't mean **** either. i thought he should've went the route of his title being legit because he's defended it the whole time punk was gone and punk hadn't defended his even once.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Punk's promo is on AEW YouTube right now. Its clear Khan views it for what it was...a further push of the heat the 2 men have onscreen.
    This was CM Punk's promo. Its clear it was to set up a rematch ffor Page. A fact AEW placed it on YouTube page...

as a work it's still a bad segment. hangman is a face and wasn't there to answer being called out, punk is also a face. makes one or both look bad.

save all that work shoot/**** for russo & bitchoff
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-19-2022 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    as a work it's still a bad segment. hangman is a face and wasn't there to answer being called out, punk is also a face. makes one or both look bad.

save all that work shoot/**** for russo & bitchoff
    Page in leading up acted heelish himself. Refusing to respect Punk. I think Khan is gonna try to play a...who will turn full heel soon deal. Since Hangman has acted heelish against Punk n vice versa in promos.

The entire no respect deal each has running.

In all the moment Meltzer tried to paint Punk as having low rated segments since being champion is where this fell apart. Its like he forgot...Punk's not been onscreen for 3 months. It would be like me blaming Big Show for Dynamite not drawing over a 1.0 and he barely appears on it lol

Page in leading up acted heelish himself. Refusing to respect Punk. I think Khan is gonna try to play a...who will turn full heel soon deal. Since Hangman has acted heelish against Punk n vice versa in promos.

The entire no respect deal each has running.
    don't give a **** about DA MELTZ, if punk draws ratings, money or flies to ****. it's still a bad segment. hangman is still a face and wasn't there to answer being called out. punk is still a face.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-19-2022 at 03:06 AM.

don't give a **** about DA MELTZ, if punk draws ratings, money or flies to ****. it's still a bad segment. hangman is still a face and wasn't there to answer being called out. punk is still a face.
    Page is a face who recently came out to help the Bucks. Who in a more rambling promo with Omega said they were bad guys.

Its clear here that....Page isn't a full face. He's acted heelish against Punk in promos.

Page is a face who recently came out to help the Bucks.
    more like "saved" the bucks after being backstabbed by heels.
    Who in a more rambling promo with Omega said they were bad guys.
    despite omega & bucks rambling about being bad guys they had just saved dragon lee from a beatdown by ingobernables. total heel moves here right??

Its clear here that....Page isn't a full face. He's acted heelish against Punk in promos.
    what's clear is(kayfabe) there's a personal issue between punk and hangman who are both babyfaces atm, which is fine but undermining page like that made for a bad segment if it was planned or was unprofessional if it wasn't planned. either way not good.

Honestly what worries me most about Meltzer's report is the chaos he's gonna sew in that locker room now. Because a lot of the young may believe this and this will impact working with Punk ahead. Then you could see the younger workers blame Punk , Danielson , Moxley , Jericho and others who are older stars who have came in. Creating a very WCW type situation where it was very bad backstage.

The young stars like Garcia , Alin and Cassidy could view the older stars as holding them back and worse. Creating a dynamic where they start to not like the older ones there. The older veterans like Punk , Jericho , Danielson etc could view the younger guys as not respecting them enough in this.

This is why its important for Tony Khan to step in quick. He has a great locker room of older and newer stars there. He can't let a report like this grow into hurting his locker room. Because it can.

more like "saved" the bucks after being backstabbed by heels.

despite omega & bucks rambling about being bad guys they had just saved dragon lee from a beatdown by ingobernables. total heel moves here right??
    Then after this during a rambling promo with Omega where he claimed he'd cheat at times with Don Callis there (a clear sign they aren't faces fully) the Bucks laughed at the fans for cheering them. Saying again they were bad guys. (Yes if you think the Punk program was unprofessional this one ranks up there as more confusing unprofessional)

what's clear is(kayfabe) there's a personal issue between punk and hangman who are both babyfaces atm, which is fine but undermining page like that made for a bad segment if it was planned or was unprofessional if it wasn't planned. either way not good.
    Page's heelish actions began weeks before the match as this promo details. The NO RESPECT angle he started with Punk. Who wanted to shake his hand as he liked Page then.

At one point in the title match he picked up the belt and was gonna nail Punk with it but stopped. Punk took the disrespect part he feels Page has done leading into their match in May and after where he wasn't there to shake his hand post match and played into it.

Punk's promo was anger at Page's disrespect and he set up what many feel will be the next PPV soon.... Page vs Punk vs Moxley.

Lets just say... CM Punk's promo continued the NO RESPECT storyline started in May between both men. That rambling Bucks n Omega promo where they act too cool for everyone ....well I'd say its just more awful really.

Honestly what worries me most about Meltzer's report is the chaos he's gonna sew in that locker room now. Because a lot of the young may believe this and this will impact working with Punk ahead. Then you could see the younger workers blame Punk , Danielson , Moxley , Jericho and others who are older stars who have came in. Creating a very WCW type situation where it was very bad backstage.

The young stars like Garcia , Alin and Cassidy could view the older stars as holding them back and worse. Creating a dynamic where they start to not like the older ones there. The older veterans like Punk , Jericho , Danielson etc could view the younger guys as not respecting them enough in this.

This is why its important for Tony Khan to step in quick. He has a great locker room of older and newer stars there. He can't let a report like this grow into hurting his locker room. Because it can.
    the hole in this logic is lumping jericho, brianson, moxley and others in with punk.

Then after this during a rambling promo with Omega where he claimed he'd cheat at times with Don Callis there (a clear sign they aren't faces fully) the Bucks laughed at the fans for cheering them. Saying again they were bad guys. (Yes if you think the Punk program was unprofessional this one ranks up there as more confusing unprofessional)
    bad promos(or promos you don't understand) aren't unprofessional they're just bad promos(or promos you don't understand).

Page's heelish actions began weeks before the match as this promo details. The NO RESPECT angle he started with Punk. Who wanted to shake his hand as he liked Page then.

At one point in the title match he picked up the belt and was gonna nail Punk with it but stopped. Punk took the disrespect part he feels Page has done leading into their match in May and after where he wasn't there to shake his hand post match and played into it.

Punk's promo was anger at Page's disrespect and he set up what many feel will be the next PPV soon.... Page vs Punk vs Moxley.
    hangman only acting heelish towards punk illustrates the personal issue he has with punk, not so much a heel turn.

if punk vs page vs mox is what they're building towards it would've been better to have hangman respond instead of looking bad.

Lets just say... CM Punk's promo continued the NO RESPECT storyline started in May between both men.

That rambling Bucks n Omega promo where they act too cool for everyone ....well I'd say its just more awful really.
    but punk isn't the booker, he doesn't get to decide what storylines they run with and when they run them.

i understand how you feel about the promo, nobody is arguing with you.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-19-2022 at 04:26 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lets just say... CM Punk's promo continued the NO RESPECT storyline started in May between both men. That rambling Bucks n Omega promo where they act too cool for everyone ....well I'd say its just more awful really.
    Page wasn't a heel. He had a personal issue with Punk. An issue that frankly made no sense given how Punk has been presented.

Given how the shots at Hangman we're ab libed I doubt there's any build there. If Punk is trying to create build for something that's not in cards I could see why Tony and the locker room would be pissed. Punk is creating a Cardinal sin in trying to promise something he can't deliver

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Page wasn't a heel. He had a personal issue with Punk. An issue that frankly made no sense given how Punk has been presented.

Given how the shots at Hangman we're ab libed I doubt there's any build there. If Punk is trying to create build for something that's not in cards I could see why Tony and the locker room would be pissed. Punk is creating a Cardinal sin in trying to promise something he can't deliver
    good point.

Page is a face who recently came out to help the Bucks. Who in a more rambling promo with Omega said they were bad guys.

To be fair, Omega & Matt did remind the audience that they are the bad guys.

Well the other vets don't do what Punk did.

But to your point on the locker room, if you have been paying attention, this has already been happening. I'm pretty sure you've made comments on it and having someone like Ross be talent manager.

Everyone in WWE and ROH have said Punk is a self serving diva. It's nothing new. He was likened to Macho and Hogan on that regard.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

you're in the minority though, he gets over everywhere. maybe you're confusing him with wheeler yuta?? honestly though i feel the same about brianson, and i'm in the minority there.
    If you've somehow managed to develop an objective measure of what the majority or minority of fans want, please share.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why you're trying to downplay my opinion, whether it's shared by the minority or the majority. If you like Daniel Garcia, good for you, I see him as very boring.

while he hasn't yet proven to be a total piece of **** scumbag like vince, heyman or bitchoff he is still a promoter. i don't get into the "this person is a draw that person isn't" debates but you can't xpect the promoter to throw his top talent under the bus while still pushing the talent at the top.
    No doubt.

But Khan cited all sorts of numbers to back up his claims. He wasn't just defending Punk, he was providing data to back it up. I'm not familiar with all this stuff but ultimately the only people that really have the data that Meltz and co like to cite are the guys that work in AEW.