Page 395 of 902 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495895 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Isn't Billie Kay still in Impact with Peyton Royce, just under different names?
    They announced their retirement on TNA Impact. Shortly after Peyton Royce announced she was pregnant on Instagram.

Billie has since made an appearance on UUDD (like Tyler Breeze), leading some to speculate she could make a return.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ROH was on a local channel in my area late 2000s. Helped my young adult wallet since tape trading was still a thing. Then Stardom aired in it's place.

We had an NWA territory broadcast around 96-99. It was the same one my sister and I wrestled for briefly. Portland Wrestling/ NWA then PNW sans the NWA affiliate.

Good time indeed.
    all these years and i never knew you wrestled. i've always wanted to visit portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    More of Vince's embezzlement is being uncovered. Another $5 million has been found. This time allegedly that $5 million went to Trump

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...nia-23-scandal

The speculation is that Vince paid for Trump's appearances in 2007 and 2009 through his charity. He did this so his boy Donald can dodge the taxman.
    shocking those guys would do something shady.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    all these years and i never knew you wrestled. i've always wanted to visit portland.
    I wrestled 2 matches for PNW, 2 supercards for NWA Portland, and I dunno ... About a dozen for NWA mini shows. Plus a bunch of random bars, pubs, gyms, and 1 lucha show in the Tri-Cities. I jobbed in every single one and was pinned by my sister in my first match. I was offered to go down to Mexico as my small size would be a non-issue and since I was good at making other's look good but my back said, "Do you wish to walk when your 50?"

My sister got married and her then husband didn't want her to wrestle anymore. She got into K-1 and then became a police officer. They got divorced maybe 6 months after she quit wrestling (not even married 3 months). I think she still wishes she stayed at wrestling but she had quite the karate career.

I went into education and now am a full-time dad.

And my back thanks me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I wrestled 2 matches for PNW, 2 supercards for NWA Portland, and I dunno ... About a dozen for NWA mini shows. Plus a bunch of random bars, pubs, gyms, and 1 lucha show in the Tri-Cities. I jobbed in every single one and was pinned by my sister in my first match. I was offered to go down to Mexico as my small size would be a non-issue and since I was good at making other's look good but my back said, "Do you wish to walk when your 50?"

My sister got married and her then husband didn't want her to wrestle anymore. She got into K-1 and then became a police officer. They got divorced maybe 6 months after she quit wrestling (not even married 3 months). I think she still wishes she stayed at wrestling but she had quite the karate career.

I went into education and now am a full-time dad.

And my back thanks me.
    good **** man, at least you gave it a go. you ever work with anybody who went on to bigger promotions??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    good **** man, at least you gave it a go. you ever work with anybody who went on to bigger promotions??
    I took a Loaded Boot from The Grappler (past his prime), a big ass splash that hurt like a mofo from Dr. X during his big Ultimo Guerrero tag run, and and got tossed out in a battle royal by Vinnie Massaro of Lucha Underground fame.

I saw Animal a bunch. And saw Doug Williams bitch slap a promoter. That was hilarious.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I took a Loaded Boot from The Grappler (past his prime), a big ass splash that hurt like a mofo from Dr. X during his big Ultimo Guerrero tag run, and and got tossed out in a battle royal by Vinnie Massaro of Lucha Underground fame.

I saw Animal a bunch. And saw Doug Williams bitch slap a promoter. That was hilarious.

nice. massaro runs a promotion in NorCal(san francisco & sacramento) i want to check out called west coast pro, they book a lot of good talent. they're doing a tourney starting tomorrow
    Night One of The West Coast Cup streams LIVE on IWTV!

West Coast Pro Championship: Jacob Fatu (c) vs Mike Bailey
    First Round: Titus Alexander vs Chris Sabin
    First Round: Masha Slamovich vs Alpha Zo
    First Round: Levi Shapiro vs Davey Richards
    First Round: Bryan Keith vs Nick Wayne
    First Round: Gravity vs Viento
    First Round: Starboy Charlie vs D-Rogue
    First Round: Jorel Nelson vs Vinnie Massaro
    pretty good card there especially for NorCal, could it be better if massaro didn't book himself & shapiro in the tourney?? sure, but it's his promotion so what can you do??

king of indys is looking good this year too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The judgment day with the deep cuts

https://vxtwitter.com/PromoJoeYT/sta...fgNueei-A&s=19

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of Ring of Honor ; Sinclair released its quarterly report and one of its sold assets was ROH. The reveal goes a long way in actually helping Tony Khan not look really bad.

- For months the sales price was reported online from sites as $35-40 million. A fact Jim Cornette said no one would be that stupid then to pay that to Ring of Honor. Cornette was mocked then for his saying no way was that the price...

- The news is Khan paid $9.6 million for ROH . Which as Cornette says is still a very high price for that company but isn't the insane figure given out as he was around when ROH was sold before as well. Khan paying under $10 million for it is a lot better.

- So while it won't take Tony Khan at this rate 4-5 years to break even on Ring of Honor at this point , its still a high priced deal. One where it will take a couple if he keeps going this route.

But least I can say Khan wasn't that stupid to throw $35-40 million for this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of Ring of Honor ; Sinclair released its quarterly report and one of its sold assets was ROH. The reveal goes a long way in actually helping Tony Khan not look really bad.

- For months the sales price was reported online from sites as $35-40 million. A fact Jim Cornette said no one would be that stupid then to pay that to Ring of Honor. Cornette was mocked then for his saying no way was that the price...

- The news is Khan paid $9.6 million for ROH . Which as Cornette says is still a very high price for that company but isn't the insane figure given out as he was around when ROH was sold before as well. Khan paying under $10 million for it is a lot better.

- So while it won't take Tony Khan at this rate 4-5 years to break even on Ring of Honor at this point , its still a high priced deal. One where it will take a couple if he keeps going this route.

But least I can say Khan wasn't that stupid to throw $35-40 million for this.
    He put on 2 really good ROH ppv so far both made money how does he look bad?

It was worth it alone for the tape library, considering Punk, Omega, The Bucks, Danielson, Cole, Hangman, reDRagon, Claudio, Joe and countless other names on their roster have extensive histories with ROH. And that's not even including other big names that aren't in the company like Styles, Rollins, Owens and the likes.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He put on 2 really good ROH ppv so far both made money how does he look bad?
    Well right now its more a missed oppertunity. Khan buying ROH was a lot like when Crockett bought the UWF. It was a big major deal and if booked right could have been great TV for months. A fact that the PPV's done has did between 35,000-45,000 PPV Buys at best combined. Given that AEW does 100,000+ PPV buys usually ...those ROH PPV's with a top notch storyline could have done a higher number.

Instead the whole deal has made Ring of Honor an after thought. Khan holds PPV's with really no build as we saw for Claudio who had Khan spent time booking his ROH World Champion right ; that major PPV clash would have been a bigger deal. Gresham himself grew tired of this bull crap booking of himself and Ring of Honor and swore at Khan over it in anger. Which I don't agree at him swearing at Khan but the booking of this entire thing has been....bad.

And no...no one is calling for an invasion here. The moment Khan announced he owned Ring of Honor ; the guys like Lethal , Gresham and Briscoe's should have been not happy. That they onscreen clash with the AEW guys and Khan over him buying the company. They had something legit with this and well...they'd just throw guys on TV and PPV's with matches.

Plus as much as the booking of ROH in a storyline has been dismal ; there isn't anything major been done. AEW has YouTube shows and they could have easily filmed a Ring of Honor show there. To push new and established talent in brand and all. Instead nothing has been done.

Khan basically put his AEW guys over a couple of the Ring of Honor guys within weeks and killed anything there. Its almost like Jim Crockett is back and legit whispered in his ear to say..."Tony , this is how you badly book something that could make major money in 2022 !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You know, this below got me to think that Bischoff (and probably myself and others) are probably just not realizing that Tony Khan maybe isn't serious when he says he's competing with WWE. Tony grew up with the Monday Night Wars and loves that era and wrestling fans love that era, and so maybe Tony just uses the term "competition" not so seriously, but rather just to maintain AEW's market with that sense of nostalgia (for a competition that is long gone and unlikely to ever really return):
    “Tony Khan refers to WWE not as WWE, but as ‘the competition.’ Tony. Wake the F up,” Bischoff said. “You are not competition. You have not taken any market share. Your audience is not growing on television. There is not even a comparison from a financial perspective in terms of revenue-generating conversation.”

Bischoff continued and said AEW isn’t even close to competing with WWE.

“So exactly how are you competitive if you’re not taking market share and you’re not even in the same conversation from a revenue point of view as a business? That’s the beginning and the end of the big competition conversation. You’re either taking market share or you’re not. You’re either equal to or closing in on your competitor’s revenue. And they’re not. They’re not even close,” he said.
    https://wrestlingheadlines.com/eric-...pete-with-wwe/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-17-2022 at 01:30 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You know, this below got me to think that Bischoff (and probably myself and others) are probably just not realizing that Tony Khan maybe isn't serious when he says he's competing with WWE. Tony grew up with the Monday Night Wars and loves that era and wrestling fans love that era, and so maybe Tony just uses the term "competition" not so seriously, but rather just to maintain AEW's market with that sense of nostalgia (for a competition that is long gone and unlikely to ever really return):

Back in 2002 when Dixie Carter convinced her parents in charge of Panda Energy to buy TNA ; her reasoning was simple. They would not become #1 or even compete with WWE. They were fine with being the #2 national company because as Dixe claimed there was room for profits for a 2nd national company other than WWE.

Carter herself had she kept to this plan at being a 2nd company and not trying to "out WWE , the WWE" ..its likely she would still own TNA to this day. Jeff Jarrett said from 2007 to 2009 the company was doing in the black and while not making huge insane money , they were doing well enough. Its just that Dixe was under pressure from Spike TV to do more and she lost her original reason on getting TNA. To be a smaller #2.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

To be fair Bischoff is a idiot.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well right now its more a missed oppertunity. Khan buying ROH was a lot like when Crockett bought the UWF. It was a big major deal and if booked right could have been great TV for months. A fact that the PPV's done has did between 35,000-45,000 PPV Buys at best combined. Given that AEW does 100,000+ PPV buys usually ...those ROH PPV's with a top notch storyline could have done a higher number.

Instead the whole deal has made Ring of Honor an after thought. Khan holds PPV's with really no build as we saw for Claudio who had Khan spent time booking his ROH World Champion right ; that major PPV clash would have been a bigger deal. Gresham himself grew tired of this bull crap booking of himself and Ring of Honor and swore at Khan over it in anger. Which I don't agree at him swearing at Khan but the booking of this entire thing has been....bad.

And no...no one is calling for an invasion here. The moment Khan announced he owned Ring of Honor ; the guys like Lethal , Gresham and Briscoe's should have been not happy. That they onscreen clash with the AEW guys and Khan over him buying the company. They had something legit with this and well...they'd just throw guys on TV and PPV's with matches.

Plus as much as the booking of ROH in a storyline has been dismal ; there isn't anything major been done. AEW has YouTube shows and they could have easily filmed a Ring of Honor show there. To push new and established talent in brand and all. Instead nothing has been done.

Khan basically put his AEW guys over a couple of the Ring of Honor guys within weeks and killed anything there. Its almost like Jim Crockett is back and legit whispered in his ear to say..."Tony , this is how you badly book something that could make major money in 2022 !"
    Tony might be waiting to get a TV deal for RoH before he can do anything with it. He'll do PPVs to maintain momentum much like how early AEW did before it got the TBS deal. He's been talking to warner about a possible home for RoH but maybe he should reach out to Paramount. They want to get into sports and live entertainment.