Page 855 of 902 FirstFirst ... 355755805845851852853854855856857858859865 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Speaking of hypocrites, Matt Riddle tried to throw shade and failed

https://fxtwitter.com/SuperKingofBro...ftae7sGeg&s=19
    I actually thought it was pretty funny

Extraordinary Member

McIntyre update: It seems that the reason he was angry wasn't due to punk, it was due to a family situation

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I’d say he’s gonna act like his AEW run didn’t exist. That he’s not been back in 9 years and he has a couple scores to settle with guys like Seth and Shinsuke using GTS.

The WWE likely has tighter controls. Hell… we already saw how controlled they are now by how they worked the dirt sheets.
    To be fair, the dirt sheets have been worked a lot by many promotions this decade of the 2020s. Which is why it's already becoming one of the best decades in wrestling history after only 3 years.

Truth should come out Monday assuming all the fanfare is about him and get all late 90s Conspiracy Jericho about it.

I'd watch the **** out of that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    McIntyre update: It seems that the reason he was angry wasn't due to punk, it was due to a family situation
    His sister died not long ago.

He stated he might take time off because of that.

So if it's coming from Alvarez or DA MELTZ, I wouldn't believe he's mad.

I would believe he won't take a deal from WWE to take a year off to be with family over heat with the E.

And come back getting more money from whomever he wants, most likely the E.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Who thought we’d get this image to end 2023 ?IMG_0794.jpg
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

You always hate seeing people get rewarded for being shitty people.

Drew's "anger" is a work, if you watch fan footage from the show you can see a cameraman motion with his hand then Drew quickly hurries and "storms" backstage. I think they're doing a worked shoot angle playing off Punk's history of backstage drama to create drama and intrigue and blur the line between fiction and reality. It's working because a lot of people are buying Drew and Seth being legit pissed.

Cody sums it up … some are up (he’s excited for Punk) and some down. But all of them know backstage it’s about business. Then Cody invites more if they want to come to WWE. If they can help then great. (Basically telling anyone unhappy in AEW to try and come in)

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Punk’s deal came together last week according to PwInsider.

The company was going to hold Punk’s return til Royal Rumble but knew it could get out by then. So they did it tonight.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1455153...turn-contract/

Astonishing Member

So, who Punk is facing at Wrestlemania? Rollins? Cena?
    Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Drew's "anger" is a work, if you watch fan footage from the show you can see a cameraman motion with his hand then Drew quickly hurries and "storms" backstage. I think they're doing a worked shoot angle playing off Punk's history of backstage drama to create drama and intrigue and blur the line between fiction and reality. It's working because a lot of people are buying Drew and Seth being legit pissed.
    It's not the first time Drew is doing that, it happened after he had lost to Gunther, for exampe. It's his current character - he's desperate to get some huge victory, because his greatest moment was destroyed because of Covid, and after pandemic was over he lost all of his major matches in front of the audience. I don't get why people believe that it's not a storyline.

Judging from the angry reaction it’s going to be Rollins. That’s my guess.

In other news Ryback quickly tweeted out that he would only retire if Punk returned to AEW. Everyone is busy telling him how he should man up and do what he promised.

Time for some conspiracy type posting.This is my own beliefs on what happened since April when Punk 1st went backstage to talk to folks in WWE. Just my own personal thoughts and not saying it happened....

-

- Punk in April went backstage as a talent invited him there. Miz and him made peace and then he spoke with HHH. The whole speaking to him was downplayed then , but I believe in my thoughts ...the 2 men had a conversation where Punk was asked by Trips how things were going and Punk likely told him he was likely gonna be axed at some point due to situations there.

"The moment you get free....call me.." and HHH gave him his number.

Now HHH was likely thinking of how he had started being in charge and bringing folks back. Like the Bray Wyatt return which was done very well and was a successful return from a money n merch deal before his illness sadly took him months later. (You can say the program launched LA Knight too...)

So who would be a bigger return to WWE than Bray ? Punk of course.....his return would be a HELL FREEZES OVER moment and Trips knew he could make massive huge money with Punk. But he'd have to wait on him.

- Punk likely knew he was on zero tolerance deal in AEW. Maybe he knew someone would push him eventually into another confrontation and he had a good talk with HHH so he had this in his back pocket. So once Jack Perry decided to be a douche bag , Punk was like f-ck it....go for it.

- Tony Khan decided to fire Punk with just cause and Punk had to wait some things out. So this is when the plan began....

- Punk calls HHH and tells him he is being fired for beating up Perry. The 2 men agree verbally over the phone to a deal , but they can't sign anything or have anyone know they are in talks. Cause it could make Tony Khan move and realize and Punk wanted fired to go back etc.

- HHH calls his staff in , the ones he trusts the most. "I'm bringing Punk in at some point. We agreed over the phone...but we can't say he's coming right now because Tony Khan could get us for tampering and causing the exit..."

The staff all agree and decide they have to keep Punk's name out there , but not in a way that will alert Khan to act. They also know Meltzer is an AEW stooge and the others would follow. So HHH lays it down to everyone...

NO ONE WILL KNOW TIL HE'S SIGNED....OFFICIALLY. IT DOESN'T LEAVE THIS ROOM.

- So for weeks on they planted cryptic spots and lines , building an intrigue online wth fans , all while selling the dirt sheets he wasn't coming in. Once November hit...Punk would sign officially.

- Rollins has some heat with Punk , but wants that match against him (and has since 2019). So for awhile (a month or 2) Rollings was pulled to the side by Trips and told...Punk's coming in soon. And he wants to work with you 1st. Your gonna proclaim yourself The Best in the World as a cryptic tease.

Why do I think Rollins knew ? Well this was his sly look as fans the night before chanted about Punk.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Z9QYAVC_0mw

- But I believe the path down this way began in April and that the moment Punk was fired in August , they did a verbal deal soon after...but couldn't say anything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So how does AEW counter this? I mean this is a big blow unless punk stars drama in wwe...
    You don't worry about it and work on making your product better.

You get your phone ready to call Dolph & Shelton in a few months.

You worry about being an alternative to WWE.

You got your game, shows and toys-worry about your own product.

There are too many other wrestlers out there that you can build up.

AEW's going to counter this by bring in Hogan and Bischoff to run creative and move Dynamite to Mondays.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar