Page 412 of 902 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I guess money talks in the end.
    It definitely does for some (and many!). I'd definitely bet that Gargano, having just had a kid, factored money in a lot in returning to WWE. "I'd be on Raw, big contract, no Vince...."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-01-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Strowman like Wyatt was released. He didn't exactly want to leave and even brought up how he wanted to stay at a cheaper deal when it happened.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Admittedly I do prefer Kyle as a singles wrestler. I would think he will want Fish around as Cole broke away from the bucks and the plan was for undisputed to be in the trips tournament. I did like how Tony used Fish as a singles guy when he came in being a midcard gate keeper. He's better at being a good hand than Shawn Spears.
    maybe they're hoping to get roddy when his contract is up to replace fish. surprised they didn't offer fish a spot in roh.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That and a FU to critics from the days ago deal where Punk was accused of not having friends backstage , only caring for himself etc. This was basically a deal where he literally showed....I don't care to get squashed by a friend for business on TV.
    the one that only happened in your mind and isn't even a rumor?? oh yeah, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    maybe they're hoping to get roddy when his contract is up to replace fish. surprised they didn't offer fish a spot in roh.

the one that only happened in your mind and isn't even a rumor?? oh yeah, definitely.
    If you can't see AEW , Punk and Moxley ripping on that with what we saw then....well ...stay blind.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

With Triple H in charge I can see Roddy staying. I don't see him continuing to ask for his release now

Extraordinary Member

Admittedly I do prefer Kyle as a singles wrestler. I would think he will want Fish around as Cole broke away from the bucks and the plan was for undisputed to be in the trips tournament. I did like how Tony used Fish as a singles guy when he came in being a midcard gate keeper. He's better at being a good hand than Shawn Spears.
    The big issue I have with Fish leaving is that it means no Trios feud between the Elite and the Undisputed

Astonishing Member

Its so funny all these people running back to WWE at the drop of a hat whan nothing else has changed that much and probably won't I mean do they really think things are going to be different this go around? I guess money talks in the end.
    Braun was actually booked solidly when he was there. He's crazy if he had complaints with his booking, he was always at the top of the card and got tons of TV time.

The issue was his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Braun was actually booked solidly when he was there. He's crazy if he had complaints with his booking, he was always at the top of the card and got tons of TV time.

Bray's issue was with Creative as we saw next. So you have to wonder when Wyatt will be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If you can't see AEW , Punk and Moxley ripping on that with what we saw then....well ...stay blind.
    yeah, i'll stay blind while you remain delusional.

With Triple H in charge I can see Roddy staying. I don't see him continuing to ask for his release now
    maybe. his wife may factor in as well though.

impact was good but not particularly interesting. man they've really got behind slamovich

Its so funny all these people running back to WWE at the drop of a hat whan nothing else has changed that much and probably won't I mean do they really think things are going to be different this go around? I guess money talks in the end.
    Plenty has changed, the use of the words wrestling and fans instead of sports entertainment and WWE Universe (still used just not as much) people getting their old names back (Matt Riddle and Austin Theory soon Piper Niven aka Doudrop) plenty of people Vince fired not only being brought back but put in high profile positions. Karrion Kross was in a gimp mask and gladiator outfit and lost his main roster debut match against Jeff Hardy but returned under Triple H attacking Drew McIntyre then stared down Roman Reigns.

Plus under Vince we got constant dirtsheet reports of unhappiness among the talent and now we're hearing the exact opposite reports under Triple H.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

What? Braun had signed a new contract that gave him 7 figures a couple of months before his release

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Plenty has changed, the use of the words wrestling and fans instead of sports entertainment and WWE Universe (still used just not as much) people getting their old names back (Matt Riddle and Austin Theory soon Piper Niven aka Doudrop) plenty of people Vince fired not only being brought back but put in high profile positions. Karrion Kross was in a gimp mask and gladiator outfit and lost his main roster debut match against Jeff Hardy but returned under Triple H attacking Drew McIntyre then stared down Roman Reigns.

Plus under Vince we got constant dirtsheet reports of unhappiness among the talent and now we're hearing the exact opposite reports under Triple H.
    wwe has so much damn talent on their roster, it's so nice to see it finally being used. i've never been a hhh fan but he's starting to gain my good faith back to the point where i can give wwe the benefit of the doubt again. as long as he & steph stay off tv as on screen characters this new regime is ok with me.

What? Braun had signed a new contract that gave him 7 figures a couple of months before his release
    i think wwe are the ones who had an issue with his salary. pretty sure he'd come back at a reduced rate at this point. beats the hell out of whatever that shit was he was doing with ec3.

Strowman himself didn't want to leave the WWE anyhow. As this claims Vince made the decision believing Strowman was "2 years past his peak.." and let him go last year.

https://www.thesportster.com/news/re...owman-release/

Vince made a lot of blunders once he felt AEW wasn't competition. He had felt that he could refresh the roster again using the old process he did with getting John Cena , Batista , Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton. His process was to hit the HR he did with Cena and try that with placing Ace back in so he could lure football players , body builders etc to doing it.

But the industry in 2000-2002 was a different place. AEW , MLW , Impact and NWA exist and there are indies as well. The industry isn't in the dark state it was in the early 2000's where TNA launched (a fact Jarrett brought up how hard it was to convince cable companies to put TNA on PPV then) . Now there is a wealth of product and talents out there.

You don't need to get in-experienced body builders and football players to teach. You have indie guys who like AJ Styles can come in and knock it outta the park or Kevin Owens. In all Vince's plan was 20+ years too late to try and replicate and he cost himself a wealth of talents like Adam Cole , Black and others.

Braun being back won't be good for Omos. Triple H needs to sent him back to performance center as he's not main roster ready. Give him a proper run in NXT