Page 179 of 187 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2796
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't think AEW meant for Punk vs Hobbs to be much of anything special, just a small match for Punk to have, but they didn't work well enough together, didn't make the most of the opportunity. I was disappointed. Hobbs has to polish up, work on his craft. Punk failed maybe as far as chemistry with Hobbs, I don't know.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge in 2016.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Apparently he did sexually harass someone, it just wasn't covered in the episode
    I thought he took the intercom and sang to Teri which...yeah I can see why they didn't fire him for that.

The guy who really should have been fired/punished that wasn't was Michael Hayes it was his job to be the agent and he blacked out drunk. Even though Hennig might have been the one to roofie Hayes and Hall all three should have been gone.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't think AEW meant for Punk vs Hobbs to be much of anything special, just a small match for Punk to have, but they didn't work well enough together, didn't make the most of the opportunity. I was disappointed. Hobbs has to polish up, work on his craft. Punk failed maybe as far as chemistry with Hobbs, I don't know.
    Before the match was removed from that video , the match itself wasn't bad at all. Punk played the plucky small guy veteran. His kicks and punches were to have no real effect to sell Hobbs as a big man. More or less ...I'm getting a Shawn Michaels vibe from 90's (if Punk ripped a Bret Hart match , I'm thinking he ripped a Diesel/HBK or Vader/HBK match for this). I'd say the only real bad spot was Hobbs needing to realize he can't take huricanrana's off the top rope.

He's just too big for it , landed near wrong as we saw. Other than that , Punk used Hobbs power moves to good effect here. He led Hobbs into those spots because he kept it simple for him. Punk's been gone 7 years but he clearly hasn't forgotten his art here. With how he helped him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

Mighty Member

Malakai Black seems really over right now for such a newcomer, and I'm really enjoying his in-ring work and his promo/gimmick work right now. He really, really impresses me, he has this presence about him. I hope AEW recognizes how good he is right now....this seems like this could potentially be his prime (with more freedom to wrestle how he wants)(though I'm sure some will say his prime was his NXT run).

I think this has something to do with the over-all tone of AEW. AEW as a company is branded as being positive and aspirational. The audience responds by cheering the idea that new talent gets a chance to shine. In the case of Malakai Black, it is a guy who was casually disposed of by a company that seems to go out of its way to be malignant. If AEW were to get ahold of Zelina Vega, the house would be on fire (and doused with tears of joy).

A bad match is a bad match, and a lacking talent is lacking talent. But, the AEW audience is less likely to be looking for a reason to complain. (The difference is "I am smart to the business, and demand that you prove why you are here" v/s "I am smart to the business, and look forward to seeing what you can do".)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I think this has something to do with the over-all tone of AEW. AEW as a company is branded as being positive and aspirational. The audience responds by cheering the idea that new talent gets a chance to shine. In the case of Malakai Black, it is a guy who was casually disposed of by a company that seems to go out of its way to be malignant. If AEW were to get ahold of Zelina Vega, the house would be on fire (and doused with tears of joy).

A bad match is a bad match, and a lacking talent is lacking talent. But, the AEW audience is less likely to be looking for a reason to complain. (The difference is "I am smart to the business, and demand that you prove why you are here" v/s "I am smart to the business, and look forward to seeing what you can do".)
    I think a big part of Black success is the AEW audience is getting tired of Cody. Brandi having go away heat doesn't help him. He will need to go heel or reinvent himself if he wants to remain a face

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think a big part of Black success is the AEW audience is getting tired of Cody. Brandi having go away heat doesn't help him. He will need to go heel or reinvent himself if he wants to remain a face
    Looks like that's pretty much where he's heading with that Homelander cosplay, I'd guess.

Cody has always been a natural heel, anyway.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Nice! Gacy's gimmick wasn't cancelled.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I am excited for Miro vs Sammy Guevara and also Adam Cole vs Jungle Boy.

Since Dynamite is in Rochester tonight, the episode is being dedicated to Bodie Lee

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is a push to have AEW do an episode of Dynamite from Mall of America. The Mall of America itself is very open to that and posted on their FB about how it was good one time it happened. (Back when WCW did the 1st ever Nitro) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

I can see AEW doing it. Tony Khan seems to like holding shows in unconventional arenas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Since Dynamite is in Rochester tonight, the episode is being dedicated to Bodie Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I am excited for Miro vs Sammy Guevara and also Adam Cole vs Jungle Boy.
    i wasnt dissapointed

LOVE the music
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-29-2021 at 10:33 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I thought it a strong fun Dynamite. The opening and main event really helped. Some say Miro lost this title too soon, but Sammy Guevara deserves this. Miro can still do big things. Though Miro needs to work on his too-frequent botches, which hurt the main event some, Sammy's big moment.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-30-2021 at 11:50 AM.