Page 109 of 902 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I get the feeling that the match will become a triple threat. No way they bring in Cena and have him do nothing.

Astonishing Member

Balor is an NXT call up so who is to say Reigns doesn't make quick work of him before Summer Slam, so there is a precedence set for NXT'ers to just be cannon fodder at first even their champion, Kross.

Balor should get a proper feud considering there is history between them when it comes to the universal title.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't really see it as a joke. Punk was in his late 30's , had 2-3 years of injuries and trying to train to get himself caught up well enough for what he was trying to do. I said it then ; not many thought he would be successful. Everything was saying it wouldn't work. Props to Punk for trying it , not many late 30's pro wrestlers would.
    i know you don't, but you don't follow mma. in that community when a fighter(male or female) puts out an xtremely poor performance and looks like a total amatuer a common response is "could beat cm punk". there've been many discussions where the general consensus is that punk was the worst fighter ever to compete in the ufc.

i'd say at least 85% of wrestlers in their late 30's would fight an opponent hand picked for them for a huge payday.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The early days of UFC managed to find worse fighters then Punk.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Those early days are only known to diehards.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    not really if you look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i know you don't, but you don't follow mma. in that community when a fighter(male or female) puts out an xtremely poor performance and looks like a total amatuer a common response is "could beat cm punk". there've been many discussions where the general consensus is that punk was the worst fighter ever to compete in the ufc.

i'd say at least 85% of wrestlers in their late 30's would fight an opponent hand picked for them for a huge payday.
    UFC hurt punk's credibility a lot I mean my hats off to him for trying but those fights made pro wrestling look bad at least we still have Brock lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    And there are rumors that WWE want Strowman back (???)

It also sounds like AEW have all but signed CM Punk.

That's a massive, massive get. If they manage they get him and Brian, then AEW have the two biggest pro-wrestling stars of the modern era not named Cena or Reigns.

It's a complete game changer and it puts AEW in a very, very strong position going forward.
    They released new merch for Strowman, which is where the rumors are coming from. To me, he's a WWE guy, it wouldn't be outrageous if he re-signed to a more reasonable amount.

Danielsen and Punk actually would move the needle in terms of being a wrestling draw and eyeballs on the TV set. Imho, it would allow AEW to potentially overtake WWE in overall TV ratings and tickets/merch sold/etc.

I'd rather strowmen stay away from WWE they aren't going to do anything better with him then they did before sure they pay more but he is much better off in AAA NJPW ROH impact MLW AEW NWA etc come to think of it I think he would do really well in ROH
    Last edited by choptop; 07-24-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    UFC hurt punk's credibility a lot I mean my hats off to him for trying but those fights made pro wrestling look bad at least we still have Brock lol
    not trying to single you out, but when people say that kind of thing it sounds like punk went in and fought UFC guys. he didn't, they brought in guys who'd be fighting on the regional circuit just for him and he wasn't competitive in either fight. those were losses he should've took on the regional circuit.

if anybody deserves a hat tipping for this kind of thing it's fruitista.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-25-2021 at 12:10 AM.

not trying to single you out, but when people say that kind of thing it sounds like punk went in and fought UFC guys. he didn't, they brought in guys who'd be fighting on the regional circuit just for him and he wasn't competitive in either fight. those were losses he should've took on the regional circuit.

if anybody deserves a hat tipping for this kind of thing it's fruitista.
    Ya I'm not sure why punk had to jump into UFC you wanna try your hand at MMA cool why not start in the lower card promoson? Work your way up I mean it's not like many wrestlers jump right into WWE! Sure you're not going to get a lot of money in lower MMA but this was just a hobby for him anyway he was never going to be that big a name in UFC even if he pulled a win I don't think he even thought so lol so what's the difference?

Astonishing Member

not really if you look into it.
    I agree. MMA was still evolving in the UFC early days, if you look at an early match out of context, it might look terrible, but the fighters who they were getting were highly accomplished in their fighting art when they were being recruited to UFC. They were just learning what was basically a new sport with new rules.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Those early days are only known to diehards.
    I bought one UFC PPV back many , many years ago because it had Ken Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz. Shamrock looked really embarrassing in the ring , worse than Punk really. Since Shamrock was considered a UFC god and in the match he looked bad (he claimed he has a ACL injury in the fight) and his corner threw in towel in rd. 4.

Punk was a late 30's pro wrestler. Who really was coming in behind the 8 ball. If the MMA community can mock that , I'd imagine half of them wouldn't have the guts to do this type of thing. Even when taking a beating Punk showed a lot of class to do it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd imagine half of them wouldn't have the guts to do this type of thing.
    reminds me of what Paige van Zant put on her instagram after anoither loss the other day "most wouldnt dare do what I do". It's a stupid point. Doesnt matter whether other people would dare to do it or not. you did it so you deserve crtiicism/praise based on how you did.

And as an aside, Paige van zant should really get out of the fighting game before she ruins herself.