Page 831 of 902 FirstFirst ... 331731781821827828829830831832833834835841881 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    It's not like he was turned back into Stardust after Roman beat him he's still the strongest booked star by far on the entire roster. He beat Seth with a torn pec, has beaten Brock Lesnar twice once with a broken (freaking) arm, won the Rumble only lost to Roman because of interference and has only been pinned 4 times since returning. Jade's last match in AEW was on Rampage she's already been treated better in WWE. They aren't going to have her onscreen with big names like Triple H, HBK, Becky and Charlotte just to use her like a jobber.

Yes in the past when Vince was running things you have no reason to believe Triple H will be the same, he's pushed LA Knight as a threat to Roman after Vince made him a manager. Triple H isn't Vince.
    I actually like stardust lol.

Like I was saying Cody has been used good but not great so has jade we will see what happens but basically meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I actually like stardust lol.

Like I was saying Cody has been used good but not great so has jade we will see what happens but basically meet the new boss same as the old boss.
    Hey no Stardust shaming here more power to you if you liked that gimmick.

Not the same at all there are plenty of examples of Triple H undoing stupid gimmick changes Vince made like LA Knight, since taking over he hasn't wasted or buried anyone. Everyone was afraid Gunther would be buried by Vince yet he's still IC champion and arguably the top heel on Raw. I just don't see a world where Triple H wastes high profile incoming talent. The company would want to push new guys even if it's simply to screw over AEW. If you make new wrestlers look like stars then people from AEW are more enticed to leave and join WWE. For that reason alone they wouldn't waste them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Cody has been used alright this time at least but he didn't win at WM and he isn't champion so good but not great jade remains to be seen if she's used good or not so far its ok

Personally I've seen so many good wrestlers wasted by WWE over the years they don't have a good track record I have no faith they would be used right or at least I wouldn't bet on it.
    So good not great lmao. Bro, Cody has in the main-event since returning and he has only loss two matches. It sucks he didn't become champ but to say the company handling of Cody is not great is objectively false.

Let's not forget about Brian Pillman Jr who NXT is investing in. He never got that in his time in AEW.

Not the same at all there are plenty of examples of Triple H undoing stupid gimmick changes Vince made like LA Knight, since taking over he hasn't wasted or buried anyone. Everyone was afraid Gunther would be buried by Vince yet he's still IC champion and arguably the top heel on Raw. I just don't see a world where Triple H wastes high profile incoming talent. The company would want to push new guys even if it's simply to screw over AEW. If you make new wrestlers look like stars then people from AEW are more enticed to leave and join WWE. For that reason alone they wouldn't waste them.
    Triple H is giving TV time to people that Vince never cared to use. Akira Tozawa joined the alpha academy, Cameron Grimes, and Tegan Nox finally got to be on TV. Xia Li is going to feud with Becky Lynch. Zoey Stark got a shot against Rhea. In Vince time tag team guys would be on the shelf when their partners get hurt. Not the case here as Ivor is getting a solo push while Erik heals up. He even kept Pretty Deadly on TV and made an angle off Elton Prince recovery. We are in a good place

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So good not great lmao. Bro, Cody has in the main-event since returning and he has only loss two matches. It sucks he didn't become champ but to say the company handling of Cody is not great is objectively false.

Let's not forget about Brian Pillman Jr who NXT is investing in. He never got that in his time in AEW.
    Its good just not great in my opinion

I didn't think of it that way.

I saw a claim earlier about Cody and Punk being #1 merch sellers ... The wrestlenomics podcast has Cody #1 WWE and AEW logo items #1 for AEW this last year (22)

It further said only AEW logo items cracked the top 15 overall with 14 other WWE merch ahead of that HOWEVER wrestling merch overall had an all-time high in 2022.

Furthermore, Pro Wrestling Tees claims Danhausen is the #1 AEW merch seller.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-07-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I just don't see a world where Triple H wastes high profile incoming talent. The company would want to push new guys even if it's simply to screw over AEW. If you make new wrestlers look like stars then people from AEW are more enticed to leave and join WWE. For that reason alone they wouldn't waste them.
    Yeah, I don't watch much WWE, prefer AEW, but you're right. Triple H would properly use certain AEW talent. WWE definitely would use MJF properly, I hate to admit that. I desperately want MJF to remain in AEW, but in a lot of ways, MJF is tailor-made for WWE with his mic focus and safer/lighter workrate approach.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-07-2023 at 12:46 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I saw a claim earlier about Cody and Punk being #1 merch sellers ... The wrestlenomics podcast has Cody #1 WWE and AEW logo items #1 for AEW this last year (22)

It further said only AEW logo items cracked the top 15 overall with 14 other WWE merch ahead of that HOWEVER wrestling merch overall had an all-time high in 2022.

Furthermore, Pro Wrestling Tees claims Danhausen is the #1 AEW merch seller.

In terms of pro wrestlers...yes the AEW logo shirt is #1 . Punk is #2. And whats scary is ...he only was on TV from June to August to be on this list there.

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/st...93207399108999

If these rankings were combined.....

CM Punk is the 4th ranked seller in merch in 2023.

#1 : Cody Rhodes
    #2: AEW logo shirts
    #3: Steve Austin
    #4: CM Punk

In terms of wrestlers...he's top 3. And the guy again was only onscreen for 3+ months in total.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In terms of pro wrestlers...yes the AEW logo shirt is #1 . Punk is #2. And whats scary is ...he only was on TV from June to August to be on this list there.

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/st...93207399108999

If these rankings were combined.....

CM Punk is the 4th ranked seller in merch in 2023.

#1 : Cody Rhodes
    #2: AEW logo shirts
    #3: Steve Austin
    #4: CM Punk

In terms of wrestlers...he's top 3. And the guy again was only onscreen for 3+ months in total.

What's scary about it?

WWE and CW are in talks about moving NXT to the network

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/statu...82383266709621

This isn't sounding good for NWA

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    What's scary about it?
    Its more a very big concerning deal for AEW that they need to replace this guy merch wise now and that even when he's not there he's out selling the roster. So they need to replace his sales ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE and CW are in talks about moving NXT to the network

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/statu...82383266709621

This isn't sounding good for NWA

Corgan has himself to blame here. He ran a stupid angle he never should have and now cost himself the network deal.

NXT and the CW is now official

https://vxtwitter.com/brandonthursto...bIcRqbUxJuE6mA

Billy fucked up

https://deadline.com/2023/11/cw-wwe-...ng-1235595011/

The CW is paying double than what USA paid.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 11-07-2023 at 03:27 PM.

From fightful select
    NXT will be moving the CW in October of 2024.

NXT was a major domino to fall in the rights fees updates, as now NXT and Smackdown are nailed down.

We're told the deal has been discussed for months, well before the rumors of NWA and CW started. WWE's side of things said that they felt that things moved very quickly, with one source saying that they're very satisfied with the deal. This was a product they were not receiving rights fees for just five years ago, and have increased revenue by millions for something they were already producing.

The deal was particularly appealing for WWE because they get a significant rights fee increase and now they're on a basic network that widens a possible audience base.

On the TKO earnings call, they noted a 70 percent increase on the rights fees, but WWE sources said that when you factor in the things they do, and all that's included, they see it as more like a 200 percent increase. As of now, Fightful does not have the exact numbers. The claim from Deadline was that it was double the $15 million price tag.

As of now, the plan is for NXT to remain on Tuesdays, however, there will be more conversations between CW and WWE in 2024 as the start date gets closer to nail that down.

We're told that the program is expected to remain very similar as it is now. WWE have been very happy with the viewership increases they've enjoyed in recent months, especially with the additions and cameos from main roster stars. From the NXT end, they're hoping that continues now that the deal is hammered out. From a ratings, talent evaluation and performance standpoint, we're told those involved in NXT are very happy with how that's been working.

Talent that we spoke to from the NWA were surprised by this news, with one saying that they were blindsided by it. There was word that NWA was working on a deal with CW, but sources within WWE do not expect that to happen at this point. Beyond that, one of the shows NWA was said to be pushing was a reality series of some sort.

It's worth noting, PWInsider reported this afternoon that negotiations between WWE and CW were ongoing.

USA Network, where NXT had resided, is expected to make a play for the NBA media rights. Regardless of where those land, it will likely affect wrestling, as it'll affect available budget within USA Network and TNT/TBS/WBD.

WWE is speaking with multiple suitors for WWE Raw.