Page 778 of 902 FirstFirst ... 278678728768774775776777778779780781782788828878 ... LastLast
Results 11,656 to 11,670 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Listened to some reports this morning that AEW is moving forward with a redux of the Perry storyline but now with Hook.

So maybe Perry was going to kill a bunch of ECW originals and then Hook saves them? Not sure as it was vague.
    hopefully hook can show some personality in the angle.

Ziggler will probably do the Indietaker run but I would not be surprised if they re sign him right away due to being well liked by the WWE ME crowd. As much as I'd want to seem him ... my gut says he's gonna be a bounty hunter.

Edge would be a yes ... I don't think Drew leaves but I'd take Sheamus over Drew in AEW since he's gonna be gone soon too apparently.

PCO is old and we already had a run with him and Danhausen in ROH.

Callihan .... I don't see thriving in AEW.

Adeel Alam is the only one I would jump on at this point.
    if sami could get in shape. there's a good story to be told with him and mox.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jade Cargill signing with WWE is now official

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/17066...K8kb8o1nQ&s=19

Huge lost for AEW.
    i don't see it. i'm sure they can find more fitness models that can do bad squash matches and horrible interview segments. whatever happened to that muscular chick that was with joey janela??

WWE is doing the most with Jade. They are having her literally walk into the performance center

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1706738269575143628

A couple of the wrestlers are hyping up her signing. Kenta was the last person they did this type of hype train for.
    if she gets the kenta treatment, sky's the limit.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

i don't see it. i'm sure they can find more fitness models that can do bad squash matches and horrible interview segments. whatever happened to that muscular chick that was with joey janela??

Her interview segments are not terrible. I find them to be highly entertaining. I got a big laugh when she told Tai Conti that no cares about that "karate shit"

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hopefully hook can show some personality in the angle.

if sami could get in shape. there's a good story to be told with him and mox.

sunny kiss's contract ran out and they decided not to renew it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ritz View Post
    Speaking of house shows, how many of you ever attended a WWE house show or two?
    Man, last WWF house show I attended was probably in 1991, during Slaughter's Iraqi heel run, when I was a boy. After that, only PPVs and Raws and Smackdowns. One Wrestlemania (which required travel out of town). ECW house show. WCW Nitro and House shows. One or two indie shows.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-27-2023 at 06:32 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Man, I hope AEW can snag Edge. It'd really be something to have him have a run in AEW here.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Her interview segments are not terrible. I find them to be highly entertaining. I got a big laugh when she told Tai Conti that no cares about that "karate shit"
    you finding them highly entertaining doesn't mean they aren't terrible(i know i'm often entertained by some terrible shit). kris run with the title has been way better than what jade was doing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sunny kiss's contract ran out and they decided not to renew it.
    not sonny, i was talking about kayla rossi

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Man, I hope AEW can snag Edge. It'd really be something to have him have a run in AEW here.
    I'd rather AEW sign Edge and Drew McIntyre than Sheamus and Randy Orton in a situation like this. Edge and Drew have some years left and not as banged up. Sheamus and Randy both have battled some serious injuries. Orton still isn't back yet.

My dream list of signings for AEW would be....

- Edge
    - Drew
    - Sami Callihan
    - Dolph Ziggler
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd rather AEW sign Edge and Drew McIntyre than Sheamus and Randy Orton in a situation like this. Edge and Drew have some years left and not as banged up. Sheamus and Randy both have battled some serious injuries. Orton still isn't back yet.
    I guess I can sorta see this view, but I have plenty of concerns about Edge's health and his ability to go as well. Edge, for me, is just a bigger deal than some others. I saw some of his last WWE match and yeah, he moves well enough. Edge is key for me because of his potential opponents (Omega, MJF, Darby, etc), because of Christian.

Drew, Sheamus...a lot their career has been in years where I haven't been watching WWE regularly. I don't have much attachment to them. They're fine good talent, I have seen some matches of theirs, but Edge is a whole different deal for me.

I was huge on Heyman's 2002 Smackdown Six era and Edge was part of that, and so Edge is...EDGE !
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-27-2023 at 07:14 AM.

It's been hilarious seeing the Jade haters become lovers of her now that she's in WWE. And vice versa. The lovers become the haters since she's out of AEW. The fandom tribalism is sad. The best part is when you can quote them on their hypocrisy.

Jade apparently already knows what brand she's going to.

Also, Pillman's NXT hype train has started.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's been hilarious seeing the Jade haters become lovers of her now that she's in WWE. And vice versa. The lovers become the haters since she's out of AEW. The fandom tribalism is sad. The best part is when you can quote them on their hypocrisy.

My feelings on Jade was always...she needed more in ring work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

you finding them highly entertaining doesn't mean they aren't terrible(i know i'm often entertained by some terrible shit). kris run with the title has been way better than what jade was doing with it.

Her segments ain't terrible. When it comes to character stuff nothing Jade does is bad.

My favorite part of Jade's act was the assistant she had. The guy who followed her around and was her lackey. Him getting beaten up with a neck brace at one point. I would have laughed if each week he was getting more beaten up. One day he shows up in an arm cast after some girls beat him during a match. Weeks later he's on crutches...all while Jade acts like its no big deal and this guy should do his f'n job ya know.

first time seeing her. she any good?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I been to a couple house shows. I been to a couple ECW shows back in the day and a WCW Nitro as well. The Nitro was my favorite one because we all were able to go down so many rows down once the show started and it was wild watching a fan jump the railing and sucker punch Randy Savage. (That fan was carried out by all 4's by police and security)
    Oh wow! That must've been quite the scene.

I go to shows all the time (WrestleDream baby!!!) but WWE shows are a different beast.

You tend to see segments they're trying out for up comimg PPVs (one cool one I remember was a double pin roll up RVD later did on Shelton & and Jericho).

WCW was a good place to see banger matches with undercard guys. They usually ended with nWo beatdowns.

Indy shows are different entirely.

Taped and live non PPV shows are my least favorite because they do a lot of spots for the camera side and lot of "exposed" spots are shown.

I think my 3 favorite shows of all time are a NOAH/K-1/p-W show, Spring Stampede, and WM XIX. All 4 NJOW shows I have seen are easily 3-4-5 all time. There was a crazy house show with Undertaker, Cena vs. Edge in a cage, and Rey Rey running the guardrail with Carlito that was killer.

My first WM was XIV but I don't remember anything other than the Main Event which I've only seen one match better live (Jericho v. HBK WM XIX). Still have my WM XIV shirt.
    I can see how that would be annoying. The house show with Undertaker, Cena/Edge cage match and Mysterio/Carlito sounds like it was quite the show. Cool that you still have your WM14 shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Man, last WWF house show I attended was probably in 1991, during Slaughter's Iraqi heel run, when I was a boy. After that, only PPVs and Raws and Smackdowns. One Wrestlemania (which required travel out of town). ECW house show. WCW Nitro and House shows. One or two indie shows.
    Oh wow! Would you guys take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68? I'm asking folks which wrestlers were the draw for them when they attended WWE house shows, PPVs or other non-TV taping live events.

i still like her. and so does my dad and he doesn't watch wrestling.

just like with cody, i'm happy for her and hopes they treat her well.