Page 864 of 902 FirstFirst ... 364764814854860861862863864865866867868874 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well we have to ask ourselves this…in the same situation would we do TNA if another company is going to pay you more money and sell more merchandise? Punk is thinking business related here and he can make way more in WWE.

It’s the same way with Cody. He’s hawking his merchandise on tv and all. I can’t fault Cody for leaving to get the bag.

Hell we can joke about Cody selling out too really. Guys told Cody was so anti-WWE and he was smashing HHHs throne on a PPV. But he saw a better deal coming…
    Basically its integrity or money if I was a indy guy hell ya I'd go to wwe problem is guys like punk already have millions no need to sell out it's funny guys like Cody and punk were all anti wwe but came running back it's kinda hard to root for them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Honestly TNA would have been a better fit but he's ego wouldn't let him go.
    TNA gave him an offer and wanted him to be at bound for glory. Once WWE made their offer they backed down since they wouldn't be able to match it

Incredible Member

Considering Punk is like 2-0 in fights with AEW guys....does Hangman wanna try it ? I mean dude with a surgically repaired foot and bad arm won a 2 on 3 fight last year lol.
    Hangman was the guy who seemingly passed Punk off the most, and Punk didn't get physical with him.

Punk literally only started fights with guys smaller than him. And it sounds like to Jungle Boy fight went o a no contest, anyway. Punk tried to apply his "trained MMA skills to neutralize Jack", which meant grabbing him mand thry both tussle into a table and knocked stuff over, rhrn peopel were breaking it up.
    Last edited by Jared; 11-28-2023 at 06:08 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Hangman was the guy who seemingly passed Punk off the most, and Punk didn't get physical with him.

Punk literally only started fights with guys smaller than him. And it sounds like to Jungle Boy fight went o a no contest, anyway. Punk tried to apply his "trained MMA skills to neutralize Jack", which meant grabbing him mand thry both tussle into a table and knocked stuff over, rhrn peopel were breaking it up.
    Remember he’d tell Hangman to come out impromptu wise in 2022.

Punk was all ready for a 3-0 AEW fight record lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

The CM Punk promo was seriously lacking. Uninspired and boring. He basically said the same exact things as he did in his return to wrestling in AEW. (Long pause) "I'm Home" vs. "I'm Back". 'I'm here because of you fans', etc.

At least in AEW CM Punk talked a lot about loving wrestling and wanting to work with the newer talents. Which I thought was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    The CM Punk promo was seriously lacking. Uninspired and boring. He basically said the same exact things as he did in his return to wrestling in AEW. (Long pause) "I'm Home" vs. "I'm Back". 'I'm here because of you fans', etc.

At least in AEW CM Punk talked a lot about loving wrestling and wanting to work with the newer talents. Which I thought was cool.
    Punk bragged up the WWE had the best competition week in and week out.

I think an issue was … he couldn’t really call Seth Rollins out as the company decided to do the Drew/Jey stuff. Then instead of a warm up with Shinsuke it’s revealed he was stalking Cody which…really is weird to do.

Maybe next week we see Rollins/Punk advance or a member of Judgement Day test Punk.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

You are one of the few people I've seen say they actually like the promo, Super.

Even on socials he's getting dragged for being lame and weak.

Even staunch fans of his are calling it boring, with a heavy dose of deluded reasoning.

It's still the honeymoon stage. We'll see how he acts and if/when they take the training wheels off. Part of me thinks the angle will be he just talks and talks and talks and talks until he snaps, demanding a fight because nobody will play with him. The reverse Jericho return angle (the mute one). Turning in the fans in the process.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-28-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You are one of the few people I've seen say they actually like the promo, Super.

Even on socials he's getting dragged for being lame and weak.

Even staunch fans of his are calling it boring, with a heavy dose of deluded reasoning.

It's still the honeymoon stage. We'll see how he acts and if/when they take the training wheels off. Part of me thinks the angle will be he just talks and talks and talks and talks until he snaps, demanding a fight because nobody will play with him. The reverse Jericho return angle (the mute one). Turning in the fans in the process.

I had said as much in a way this promo was about being a team player type. Plus the fact he really couldn't go into detail on someone deep. I really think Punk and Rollins should have had that mic confrontation last night. But they just let Punk hint at him. Or least Shinsuke which makes no sense since the guy was saying a couple Punk lines and using GTS.

I really scratched my head at the idea of that one. I get Cody needs a program til Royal Rumble but ....you have Drew there for him to work with. Shinsuke should have logically been calling out Punk etc.

Right now he's in a situation where he has to wait for Seth to finish a program or they slot him quick against someone..(Balor or Priest maybe ? Or Dom ?)

I had said as much in a way this promo was about being a team player type. Plus the fact he really couldn't go into detail on someone deep. I really think Punk and Rollins should have had that mic confrontation last night. But they just let Punk hint at him. Or least Shinsuke which makes no sense since the guy was saying a couple Punk lines and using GTS.

I really scratched my head at the idea of that one. I get Cody needs a program til Royal Rumble but ....you have Drew there for him to work with. Shinsuke should have logically been calling out Punk etc.

Right now he's in a situation where he has to wait for Seth to finish a program or they slot him quick against someone..(Balor or Priest maybe ? Or Dom ?)
    R Truth! Slot him against Ron.

If Vince was around, I would be of the opinion his promo was part of his punishment.

But Papa Haitch Hunter is not vindictive.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    R Truth! Slot him against Ron.

If Vince was around, I would be of the opinion his promo was part of his punishment.

But Papa Haitch Hunter is not vindictive.

Another reason that Punk cut this type of promo...

- HHH and Nick Khan did this deal without Ari Emanuel's input. They signed Punk but the big overall boss was not involved. So Trips not only has to show the locker room Punk can work with them , he has to show his overall boss this guy is here for the company and to work.

I can see HHH asking Punk , just do a rah rah promo because...we have to show the boys and girls backstage , plus our bosses your here to work and not be what happened in AEW.

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post

I'll be odd man out and say I liked the promo. While what he said is boring and uninspired, it felt completely disingenuous and I believe that's by design. The WWE is leaning on his divisive nature on this comeback. Seth is calling him a hypocrite, punk saying most are happy to him and of course only being there for the money. We're getting a slow burn heel.

Cody can't work Drew because he's feuding with Jey. Jey needs a big singles win and Drew will be that for him.

Shinsuke will be a fresh matchup for Cody so that should be good.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Weak promo by Punk, but as some have said, that might have been the intended design for various reasons.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cody can't work Drew because he's feuding with Jey. Jey needs a big singles win and Drew will be that for him.

Shinsuke will be a fresh matchup for Cody so that should be good.
    I guess your right on this...still there had to be someone for Cody. I wonder if Shinsuke will stop using the GTS now ?

What a fickle bunch.
    Promo. Hi. I’m back. Never really wanted to leave in the first place but hand was forced. I did some stuff. Saw the world and decided to move back home. And my wife is still hot as fu#k. Off the top of my head he referenced Cody, Paul Heyman, the fans, WWE, home, Seth, Cole. He did say Truth a lot so I’m gonna say he referenced Ron a lot too.

Which is the way it should be.

Then promo #2 might have him sound off on a few. And I do see him vs Rollins at WM.