Page 176 of 902 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW is in a spot if they try and cancel Ric Flair . As linked Dustin Rhodes himself was named in other flight attendants deal online and its on sites as posted. So the company will be blasted for keeping Dustin and promoting the school all while blacklisting Flair. Tony Khan really has some hard decisions ahead on this. If he does do that to Flair and points at this people will counter...then why aren't you punishing Dustin Rhodes ?
    seems like an easy decision to me, address the stuff with dustin if he has to since he is an employee and simply don't hire flair. khan doesn't need to address flair's issues since he never hired him in the 1st place. who cares if some jackoffs want to cry about flair being blacklisted?? you don't have to xplain why you didn't hire somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You need to do crazier things to win over Meltzer and/or the Cagematch.com crowd though. The hot crowd was not enough for me, because I saw the action, and it wasn't crazy cool enough, nor every move perfectly executed either. And I'm not even much subtracting from the match due to the no-finish, I don't factor that in much.

It was simply a very good match that I hope was just a teaser for an even greater PPV match down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    DA MELTZ gave it **** 3/4 already lol.
    well ****, there went that theory.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    DA MELTZ gave it **** 3/4 already lol.
    Yeah, Meltz gets em wrong many times, and I think he got this one wrong. I think ****

I bet Cagematch fans will dispute his rating (over time). I see some already. You see the typical expected day-of 10/10 fans on there (every match is apparently 10/10 the night you see it), but over time it will give way to rationality on this match. Strip away this crowd, and you have a slower start to the match, and some other things like missed execution/timing that bring it down some notches IMHO.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 05:29 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have to question a group of fans who need wrestlers to kill themselves to get enjoyment out of a match. Even if you take the hot crowd out of the equation the match was still great

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have to question a group of fans who need wrestlers to kill themselves to get enjoyment out of a match. Even if you take the hot crowd out of the equation the match was still great
    I don't necessarily need anyone to kill themselves to rate this higher (you can get to five star matches by many routes). I think it's only great in the 4 stars and no more sense.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Yeah, Meltz gets em wrong many times, and I think he got this one wrong. I think ****

I bet Cagematch fans will dispute his rating. I see some already. You see the typical expected day-of 10/10 fans on there, but over time it will give way to rationality on this match. Strip away this crowd, and you have a slower start to the match, and some other things that bring it down some notches.
    wrestling fans arguing star ratings is the best thing about the internet, especially when it comes down to fractions of a snowflake.

oh, and i almost forgot FOCK DA MELTZ!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wrestling fans arguing star ratings is the best thing about the internet, especially when it comes down to fractions of a snowflake.
    Haha. I do love reading match analyses and reviews. The star ratings are increasingly silly and feel meaningless sometimes due to 6 or more stars entering discussions. But at least stars act as sort of a crude or relative snapshot of someone's (hopefully longer) review of a match (or a set of matches).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 05:38 AM.

I bet Cagematch fans will dispute his rating (over time). I see some already. You see the typical expected day-of 10/10 fans on there (every match is apparently 10/10 the night you see it), but over time it will give way to rationality on this match. Strip away this crowd, and you have a slower start to the match, and some other things like missed execution/timing that bring it down some notches IMHO.
    think about that for a second. working the crowd they're performing in front of being held as a mark against the match.

Haha. I do love reading match analyses and reviews. The star ratings are increasingly silly and feel meaningless sometimes due to 6 or more stars entering discussions. But at least stars act as sort of a crude snapshot of someone's hopefully longer review of a match.
    that **** can be outright hilarious when people start haggling over a quarter star.

think about that for a second. working the crowd they're performing in front of being held as a mark against the match.
    They could have got the very same effect, worked up the crowd with more interesting stuff, holds. Bleacher report put it well: "It was a simple story that was almost driven more by the fans than the wrestlers themselves."

Danielson proved he can go though, as healthy as I've ever seen him. No lost steps.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 06:19 AM.

They could have got the very same effect, worked up the crowd with more interesting stuff, holds. Bleacher report put it well: "It was a simple story that was almost driven more by the fans than the wrestlers themselves."
    they might've got the same effect by doing the john jacob jingleheimer schmidt routine, but they obviously didn't need to, to get the very same effect.

of course you're free to judge a match however you want, but when i'm trying to judge fairly i won't hold them not doing what i wanted them to do as a strike against them or the match.

of course you're free to judge a match however you want, but when i'm trying to judge fairly i won't hold them not doing what i wanted them to do as a strike against them or the match.
    I just think the last 10 minutes were the great part. The rest was just good. And in a way, I think trying to deny that goes against what they aimed for all along....just a teaser, a deliberate holding back somewhat to wet the appetite for this showdown again.
    But that's just how I see it. We all see the matches differently, judge differently, I respect that.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 06:59 AM.

People give out 5 star rankings way too easily and regularly now. That said, Omega/Danielson may be the closest to 5 stars AEW has had so far. Slowing the match down for the commercial break killed some of the momentum. If they do it again on PPV it would rectify that, but then it would also have lost it's appeal of being the first time the two faced off in their current state. It's a catch-22.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Omega/Danielson may be the closest to 5 stars AEW has had so far.
    I preferred Omega/Page vs Bucks and Omega vs PAC (30 minute Iron), both from early 2020, to this one. Danielson/Omega here is definitely in the top 5 or so.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 07:40 AM.

I preferred Omega/Page vs Bucks and Omega vs PAC (30 minute Iron), both from early 2020, to this one. Danielson/Omega here is definitely in the top 5 or so.
    I'd agree that Omega/PAC would give it a run for it's money, but I've always felt that Omega/Page/Bucks was overrated. It was good but not fantastic or anything. I actually preferred the Bucks/Lucha Bros. cage match over it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd agree that Omega/PAC would give it a run for it's money, but I've always felt that Omega/Page/Bucks was overrated. It was good but not fantastic or anything. I actually preferred the Bucks/Lucha Bros. cage match over it.
    I respect that. I'm glad people haven't forgotten Omega vs PAC. It sometimes feels forgotten since it was a Dynamite match (and sorta pre-pandemic/pre-lockdown).