Page 216 of 250 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3738
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    PAC is one of the biggest names of AEW and is usually involved with feuds with other big name talent. Tony is definitely not letting him go
    Amen. PAC right now has potential one-off match opponents or feuds out there that could be huge if Tony just set them in motion. Punk, Danielson, Malakai, I could go on and on.
    Things I love: Batman, AEW, MAGA, old films, Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Christopher Daniels : Was retired a year or 2 ago on TV. Really in his 50's there isn't much for Daniels to do in AEW
    He is the current AEW Head of Talent Relations and Interpromotional Ambassador. He's not going anywhere as his major role is backstage. Take him off screen, 100% agree however.
    Pac : Seems to be a mid-card heel and AEW has too many of them
    Full on disagree with this one. He's in the Mr. Perfect/Curt Hennig role. He's the ceiling and used to move guys up and down. Plus, he has worked big story lines and just started one.
    Billy Gunn & Sons : Haven't really done much at all and even a heel turn hasn't made them interesting
    They just got promoted and got a main storyline. Plus daddy is one of the big backstage guys. They're not going anywhere. Billy wants less screen time and this story line seems to be doing just that.
    Joey Janela : Nothing much I have seen.
    Janela's fun and is working a great heel gimmick right now. He can go twenty or thirty minutes in any type of match and with anybody. He's a good hand to have and has been a trade scout for AEW (he goes to PWG or GCW or Warrior Wrestling and tells them who to get and who AEW should let work as a trade. He brought in Thunder Rosa, Sammy Guevara, most of Top Flight, Lee Moriarty, Leylah Hirsch, Daniel Garcia, and a few others)). Maybe he gets a different type of deal? Maybe have him work with Daniels on the talent stuff? He seems to be beloved by all. He has a VERY different style than anybody in AEW, he really needs to step up with what little time he has left.
    Penelope Ford : Nothing much I have seen.
    She just got married to Kip, so wherever he goes, she goes IMHO. The women's division is ripe with talent and they have better available.
    Bea Priestly
    Signed with WWE in June ... working as Blair Davenport in NXT.
    Jimmy Havoc
    Was cut in 2020 due to the DV issues.
    Awesome Kong : According to link below she has a contract. But she announced her retirement months ago. Could Khan have forgotten he signed her given all talent ?
    Contract expired in June; was not renewed.
    Kip Sabian
    Matt Sydal, Jay Lethal, Ethan Page, Daniel Garica, Dante Martin, Lee Moriarty ... they bring the same thing or more than Kip. I think he's a goner.
    Shawn Spears
    I don't much care for him but there are rumors he's heading to Impact to be with his spouse.

I didn't see Private Party on your list. They're up this year and I don't think they'll be brought back. They've been booked poorly. The Acclaimed fill that niche better IMHO even though Private Party are the better workers.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-29-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the Acclaimed are the better workers. Private Party work a spot monkey heavy style that only work with other teams that work that style. Acclaimed are far more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Agreed 100% romin as heel is now as bad as whan he was a face
    who is even left to be considered a legit challenge to him at this point that the fans will even think has a chance? Every match just ends with him and the Uso's beating someone down. Reigns vs Lenar at the Royal Rumble will be the next big match I would guess? Maybe Mcintyre at Mania?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    who is even left to be considered a legit challenge to him at this point that the fans will even think has a chance? Every match just ends with him and the Uso's beating someone down. Reigns vs Lenar at the Royal Rumble will be the next big match I would guess? Maybe Mcintyre at Mania?
    McIntyre is the only one at this point. If he falls to Roman then only a part timer will take the belt from him

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    There's plenty of people WWE just needs to put effort into them I'd call up Kyle O'Reilly myself.

Astonishing Member

https://www.rohwrestling.com/watch

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Signed with WWE in June ... working as Blair Davenport in NXT..
    UK
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-30-2021 at 12:39 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Eric Bischoff on the prospect of VKM ever selling WWE:
    “One of the reasons I was so steadfast in my opinion that WWE under Vince McMahon will never sell is because of the strong impression that I had over many, many years and even working with Vince very closely for a short time, it’s so obvious to me that Vince holds the legacy of his father and grandfather so highly,” Bischoff said. “It’s evident when you walk into Vince’s office, right? It’s not a mystery, you can figure it out pretty quickly. I’ve just always believed because of that legacy and how highly apparent to me that Vince holds that legacy, and that he’s got Stephanie and Shane and by virtue of marriage Triple H, and he’s got grandchildren. I just would believe that, I’ve always believed that Vince would be far more predisposed to allowing his family to carry on that legacy that means so much to Vince.”
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...-not-sell-wwe/

I don't think Daniels has been seen in AEW since he was forced to retire in his match against the Young Bucks. He's popped up in Impact and will make in appearance in NJPW Strong. I thought he was gone already

PAC is one of the biggest names of AEW and is usually involved with feuds with other big name talent. Tony is definitely not letting him go

Billy Gunn & Sons have finally made it to the main shows starting a feud with Darby Allen. Remember that Billy Gunn is the head producer for the company so he's not going anywhere.

Agreed with Janela. The guy is terrible and finally has nothing to offer the promotion. Even as a job guy AEW has Bardon Cutler and Peter Avalon that do that role far better.

Penelope Ford had a big push in the women's division before the signing of Ruby Soho and Jaime Hayter was able to come back. Introduction of the TBS title pushed her further into the background. She's worth having around if the company where gets around to having women's tag titles

Bea Priestly and Jimmy Havoc have already been released.

Agreed with Kip Sabian

I'll keep Shawn Spears around as an utility player. Have him be a midcard gatekeeper for your Daniel Gracias, Dante Martians and whatever hot young prospects the company wants to push.

I'll throw in Dr. Luthor. The guy only has a job because he's Jericho's buddy and being a deathmatch guy he can't really strive in AEW.
    it would make no sense to get rid of pac.

i think you have a hard time separating your personal distaste for janela from an honest evaluation of him as a talent. i think both avalon and cutler are very underrated but neither are better or more valuable than janela. janela gets over everywhere whenever he gets a chance and i think right now especially with the addition of kayla rossi to his act he has the potential to get over big. the guy can work in pretty much any role they want to use him in.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Daniel's Kong priestly and havock are already gone I agree kip sapian and janeka need to go disagree on the rest pac and Spears are really good.
    i'd keep janela over spears. he's been more impressive in his few opportunities than spears in his. matter of fact they might want to consider replacing spears with janela in the pinochle. would add some personality to the group and having a female in the crew could come in handy.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-01-2021 at 03:00 AM.

Big Swole left AEW.

Astonishing Member

Big Swole left AEW.
    Crohn's sucks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Crohn's sucks
    I've seen the havoc it's wreaked on people's bodies and it's unfathomable to me how someone can wrestle with it, even if in remission. It sucked she never got to finish her last feud/storyline. Hope she can get back to some point of normalcy at some point.

I do think sometimes I wish AEW used more established or "WWE" formulas in booking sometimes. I'm all for avoiding being too predictable, but sometimes AEW's booking does seem too random, which hurts the lead up to some (TV) matches.

Like Danielson vs the Dark Order is a good example of AEW smartly avoiding the "picking out of the hat" thing.
    A fan on Twitter expressed his disappointment at Punk wrestling “a random opponent” [Lee Moriarty] a week after his war of words with MJF. The fan pointed out how AEW regularly books matches that lack “story or rivalry buildups” and “pulls names from hats” for top stars to wrestle.

Punk noticed the tweet and seemingly took a subtle shot at WWE’s booking. He tweeted: Oh maybe we should tag to see if we can coexist.

Punk was likely referring to WWE’s booking formula where two foes are forced to pair up against established tag teams. Punk teamed up with rivals such as Triple H and John Cena in several matches during his WWE career.
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...-aew-dynamite/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-03-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I do think sometimes I wish AEW used more established or "WWE" formulas in booking sometimes. I'm all for avoiding being too predictable, but sometimes AEW's booking does seem too random, which hurts the lead up to some (TV) matches.

Like Danielson vs the Dark Order is a good example of AEW smartly avoiding the "picking out the hat" thing.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...-aew-dynamite/
    AEW uses 90s puro match building, 2010s "finisher party" finishes, and 80s NWA/WWF feuds as their booking strategies.

Which is more logical. And this is a first I've heard about random AEW booking. Their most common critique has been to be TOO predictable with their undercard and non-event shows.

I kind of think you mean the late 80s/early 90s WCW/WWF type feuds, not WWE.

But maybe I am wrong?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-01-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Cody Rhodes just pinned Andrade while on fire.

Holy shit does that man want to remain a face.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734