Page 245 of 902 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

A lot of podcasts are suggesting that Big E is a favorite to win the Royal Rumble but I can't imagine that is Vince's plan because Big E ate another clean loss on Raw last night, when Seth F. Rollins beat him clean. I am hoping for an extended Brock Lashley program but I can't say that I am liking Big E's treatment/how he is being booked for quite some time now. Lashley, Drew and Rollins and possibly Randy and AJ are the only full timers that could realistically beat either Roman or Brock. One would think that Big E was on that level as well but he surely isn't being booked that way right now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

MLW filed an anti-trust lawsuit against WWE.
    https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...175300/photo/2

WWE tried to block MLW from making a deal with Vice TV.

Heavy rumors Danhausen has been signed by a new company.

Impact? AEW? WWE? CHIKARA (I wish ... )
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Heavy rumors Danhausen has been signed by a new company.

Impact? AEW? WWE? CHIKARA (I wish ... )
    The internet has been leaking AEW.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The internet has been leaking AEW.
    On his A&W job application he put down Tony as his boss.

Pepsi Man and Mean Man with Danhausen ...come on A&W!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mick Foley laying out that AEW should break the piggy bank open so that Thunder Rosa can come out to "Thunderstruck"?

Genius...

Someone needs to just let Mick run a show.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of Impact , the company that was given up for dead numerous times in its history will now have ran 20 years this June. Out living WCW and ECW combined now. Who would think that this company that launched as NWA-TNA back in June 2002 would survive 20 years ? I remember being on this forum back before the reboot in the late 2000s where I was told TNA was going outta business in 5-7 months (can't remember which). Yet here we are in the year 2022 and the company is still going.
    Hopefully we have 20 more years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    A lot of podcasts are suggesting that Big E is a favorite to win the Royal Rumble but I can't imagine that is Vince's plan because Big E ate another clean loss on Raw last night, when Seth F. Rollins beat him clean. I am hoping for an extended Brock Lashley program but I can't say that I am liking Big E's treatment/how he is being booked for quite some time now. Lashley, Drew and Rollins and possibly Randy and AJ are the only full timers that could realistically beat either Roman or Brock. One would think that Big E was on that level as well but he surely isn't being booked that way right now.
    Big e is done for now WWE never had any fath in him I think he's only hope is to turn heel.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    There's still over 20 women on the roster if you count Bayley, Asuka, etc. So they aren't that bad. But yes, having the Champ (Charlotte) work the Rumble and then bringing back Mickie is an interesting move. It might be an "I'm Sorry" for the Garbage Bag Incident. In either case, Impact is not going to allow it's Champ to just be booked poorly.

I thought I read they promoted her to producer on the main roster awhile back. She gets to travel with her husband and (I thought) was even producing some of the men's matches.
    i didn't know she was married, who is her husband??

Not from what we saw happen with the people involved.

I mean its almost like a NWO type deal in a way. Where the NWO invaded WCW. You had 2 Outsiders in Nash & Hall , with the lone WCW guy (Hogan). The 3 men soon were running rough shot over things in WCW. Then it was revealed Bischoff was behind it all. In this you had the 2 Impact guys (Good Brothers) with the Outsider come in with Omega. Having help from Callis.

I mean you and others can keep saying it wasn't an invasion but it literally played as one where the outsider with friends took over awhile until they lost power (Callis) and the belts.
    sorry but no, that wasn't an invasion angle. kenny just won their world title because he was "the belt collector."
    this is what an invasion angle looks like

impact is not subtle, if they're doing an invasion angle they will tell you like at 1:14 of this video. also impact is really bad at invasion angles, i hope this time is different.

Ok lets examine this again... there is only 1 real power in pro wrestling and its the title belts for a heel group to take. The NWO wasn't gonna suddenly make WCW go outta business by taking over its board room or anything silly like that. It was the title belts to "take over". That is how it usually works for any heel stable , let alone people from another company appearing and doing this. Its their version of "taking over".

What Kenny Omega did was basically with Don Callis , take over AEW as we saw. Callis helped him there and then helped him in Impact with help from the Good Brothers. They became a top stable there for some months and ran things. It could be 3 people , 5 , 10 ...but the end result was ...Omega was the outsider who came in and took the "power" (that being World title) of the company.

And I can see why Impact/AEW kept it those 3 and Callis on Impact side. They didn't need a lot of folks showing up there in this angle (They had Good Brothers on AEW TV as we saw). This worked for both sides to keep it contained as this small NWOish type stable there.
    nope. kenny won the world title, good bros were tag champs but they were impact wrestlers. private party even wrestled for the impact titles against the good bros and it had nothing to do with an invasion.

Speaking of Impact , the company that was given up for dead numerous times in its history will now have ran 20 years this June. Out living WCW and ECW combined now. Who would think that this company that launched as NWA-TNA back in June 2002 would survive 20 years ? I remember being on this forum back before the reboot in the late 2000s where I was told TNA was going outta business in 5-7 months (can't remember which). Yet here we are in the year 2022 and the company is still going.
    people used to predict the company would end by the finish of every year.

it's pretty crazy that impact is invading wwe while being invaded by roh at the same time. wait isn't mickie signed with the nwa?? so nwa invaded impact also?? and is mickie invading wwe for impact or the nwa??

Ok lets examine this again... there is only 1 real power in pro wrestling and its the title belts for a heel group to take. The NWO wasn't gonna suddenly make WCW go outta business by taking over its board room or anything silly like that. It was the title belts to "take over". That is how it usually works for any heel stable , let alone people from another company appearing and doing this. Its their version of "taking over".

What Kenny Omega did was basically with Don Callis , take over AEW as we saw. Callis helped him there and then helped him in Impact with help from the Good Brothers. They became a top stable there for some months and ran things. It could be 3 people , 5 , 10 ...but the end result was ...Omega was the outsider who came in and took the "power" (that being World title) of the company.

And I can see why Impact/AEW kept it those 3 and Callis on Impact side. They didn't need a lot of folks showing up there in this angle (They had Good Brothers on AEW TV as we saw). This worked for both sides to keep it contained as this small NWOish type stable there.
    What AEW and Impact did is a talent exchange. Winning a belt doesn't make it an invasion

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What AEW and Impact did is a talent exchange. Winning a belt doesn't make it an invasion
    So what talent did AEW get in exchange ?

Again showing up as an outsider in the company , helped by people there to become World Champion awhile...while running a heel stable...is an invasion.

Omega wasn't a Impact talent. There was no real talent exchange. Beyond Good Brothers showing up in AEW to sell this Elite addition.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

how do you guys think the crowd will react if brody king shows up with malakai black?? is he well known enough to get a big reaction or will it be disappointing?? also should he use the name brody king or will people think he's trying to imitate brody lee??

i'd like if they brought in tyler bateman with king as black's henchmen. though there are better talents out there to sign i did like bateman and king as a team.

So what talent did AEW get in exchange ?

Again showing up as an outsider in the company , helped by people there to become World Champion awhile...while running a heel stable...is an invasion.

Omega wasn't a Impact talent. There was no real talent exchange. Beyond Good Brothers showing up in AEW to sell this Elite addition.
    you answered your own question. good brothers but more importantly don callis and the impact title itself added to kenny's act on tv.

and no, that's not an invasion.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also as Lbo jokes about Mickie James deal. That was announced as WWE inviting her to take part in something and Impact has played it off that way. Now if say , the WWE and Impact behind the scenes decided to an "Invasion" angle they would have a group of Impact people show up and help Mickie James win the Royal Rumble and get the title shot. That would be considered an Invasion onscreen.

Last I heard Mickie James is married to Nick Aldis and has a kid with him. That was the last I heard.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.