Page 655 of 902 FirstFirst ... 155555605645651652653654655656657658659665705755 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is very unique. It's been up a long while. But this is the 1st WWF program ever broadcast on USA Network. It's from 1983.

The story is USA Network was Broadcasting Southwestern Championship Wrestling from Texas. But the company was not doing well and they aired a very bloody match that USA Network refused to air on TV. So Vince McMahon had just bought the WWF from his father and approached USA Network. He got that time slot on Sunday at 11an...

You can see Vince struggling with names and all during the intro.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Good to have Statlander back. She's a unique talent in the AEW womens' division.

I hear the 4 Pillars match was pretty good, so I plan to watch that this week or next.

Reading that AEW Collision may have a soft roster split that may then later become a harder one. If that route is taken, I support that. Not being a fan of roster splits, at least see if one is even really much needed before instituting the hard harsh limitations that come with (hard) roster splits.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-30-2023 at 06:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is very unique. It's been up a long while. But this is the 1st WWF program ever broadcast on USA Network. It's from 1983.

The story is USA Network was Broadcasting Southwestern Championship Wrestling from Texas. But the company was not doing well and they aired a very bloody match that USA Network refused to air on TV. So Vince McMahon had just bought the WWF from his father and approached USA Network. He got that time slot on Sunday at 11an...

You can see Vince struggling with names and all during the intro.
    Forgot just how strong Bob Backlund was

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Backlund as even Graham and Cornette has said was a terrific technical wrestler. There is no denying it and he fit the mold of an era of the 1950's-1970s. But Vince Sr. was a lot like Verne Gagne. Both men had their ideas locked into a certain era and didn't see the future. Superstar was just ....exciting. If you pull up his promos , the guy is legit a 1990's era heel who could have been turned face and rolled.

Its scary but as he said the WWWF then had true heels like Ivan Koloff who could have turned him so easy. Graham could have been jumped by him in 1978 with the Grand Wizard siding with Koloff and BAM.

This show WWF All-American debuted in September 1983. By December Vince McMahon pulled the plug on his dads champion. Its said by the end of 1983 he fully had the company in his control and could put the WWF World title on who he wanted. Not risking his dad getting angry at it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Alexa Bliss announced her pregnancy

https://twitter.com/enews/status/1663562971002580992

Mox/Yuta/Claudio vs. Omega/Okada/Ibushi

ADBD vs. Zack Sabre, JR.

CM Punk vs. Tana

Are rumored programs for Forbidden Door

CM Punk vs. MJF

ADBD vs. Okada

Osprey vs. Omega

Are rumored programs for Webley.

And AEW has apparently reached out to end the Golden Lovers storyline since Ibushi is talking about hanging it up now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Mox/Yuta/Claudio vs. Omega/Okada/Ibushi

ADBD vs. Zack Sabre, JR.

CM Punk vs. Tana

Are rumored programs for Forbidden Door

CM Punk vs. MJF

ADBD vs. Okada

Osprey vs. Omega

Are rumored programs for Wembley.
    These would be exciting.

Sportster offered some ideas (not rumors) that were pretty good as well. MJF vs PAC. Anthony Ogogo vs Wardlow. And of course: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs CM Punk & FTR
    https://www.thesportster.com/aew-mat...um/#mjf-vs-pac

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Which i didn't know they still had that mind set there.

I don't know...maybe you cared enough to reply back as usual way. Because again given a historical aspect to things isn't some big offense as you seem irked by it.

I also gave Dutch's take too. I always like to detail what older generation of wrestlers/etc detail of an era then. Obviously Jim Cornette stole your lunch money or something since he literally agreed with all our takes on shitty behavior. (see Lbo...see how easy it is to see Jim Cornette agrees on Rush's shitty behavior we all agree on ?)
    i don't care about cony or the other carny jackoffs though, even if they agree with me i couldn't care less. i asked what people that post in this thread thought.

The talent who believe in huge bumps constantly and don't care for the veteran road agents trying to help them need to look at Jeff Hardy right now. This is a guy who was doing huge bumps to a point even Matt Hardy had to make him tone it down some as we know. But for a good while he was throwing himself off 20 foot ladders.

Its sad he's in this shape.
    xactly. all those crazy bumps and you're career won't be very long. jeff's barely been wrestling 28yrs and he's all messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Compare Hardy there to Jeff Jarrett who wrestled on the same show. Jarrett is ten years older and he's not struggling to get things done nor is his opponent force to slow it down on his account.
    otoh jeff has been waaaaaaay more over at several points in his career than slapnuts ever has been. even now slapnuts is only over because of some weird nostalgia thing for tna style overbooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    MISTER Backlund, young man.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    otoh jeff has been waaaaaaay more over at several points in his career than slapnuts ever has been. even now slapnuts is only over because of some weird nostalgia thing for tna style overbooking.
    This is true. And Jeff I think probably has put his body more on the line for fans over his career.

It helped that Jeff Jarrett like Lawler worked the Memphis style which basically helped take care of their bodies.

Astonishing Member

I really want a Brian Danielson vs Zack Saber Jr match

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    These would be exciting.

Sportster offered some ideas (not rumors) that were pretty good as well. MJF vs PAC. Anthony Ogogo vs Wardlow. And of course: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs CM Punk & FTR
    https://www.thesportster.com/aew-mat...um/#mjf-vs-pac
    It's interesting that CMFTR vs. The Elite is not rumored.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

AEW may wait til things are really cooled off between Punk and Bucks to do that storyline. Plus its a BIG one. Right now they seem to have the Elite tied into a long term program with Blackpool. And that one is doing decent with what they have done.

I'm just hoping we get Joey Styles and Don Callis calling Collision . That is my dream. Plus Joey standing in ring each week and welcoming us to AEW Collision would be a sweet pop moment. (If Tony Schiavone can be allowed back to return so should Joey)

Regarding the Fight Forever game I have to wonder how that will go money wise for the wrestlers involved. I remember a shoot from last year where a former WWE guy detailed the current pay structures in pro wrestling game. And from my memory ....he said that years ago...in the 2000s the money was way , way better. Guys made a lot of money off royalties for games.

But as the rosters became bigger with NXT and more guys involved...the pie got smaller. That the game royalties now aren't considered that big and beyond being in a WWE game there isn't much to care for.

I'm just hoping we get Joey Styles and Don Callis calling Collision . That is my dream. Plus Joey standing in ring each week and welcoming us to AEW Collision would be a sweet pop moment. (If Tony Schiavone can be allowed back to return so should Joey)
    I must say that is a good idea. Would be a good contrast to Dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I must say that is a good idea. Would be a good contrast to Dynamite.
    It would give Khan the GOD lineup of announcers. Jim Ross , Excalibur , Ian Riccaboni , Tony Schiavone , Taz , Joey Styles , Don Callis. I'd say with the money Khan and his father have , try and clone Gordon Solie and go for broke lol.