Page 515 of 515 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515
Results 7,711 to 7,716 of 7716

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jarrett role in AEW is to book the venues. They hired him to make a UK show happen. Hopefully he can expand AEW reach on the road
    which is a good role for him, the guy can hustle(conman) and he has connections. no reason to put him on tv though, not with so many guys who could use the tv time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    which is a good role for him, the guy can hustle(conman) and he has connections. no reason to put him on tv though, not with so many guys who could use the tv time.
    How many guys do they have can draw heat with their mere presence? When double J shows up you know what time it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Saw a meme online where it predicts WWE's future, and it's simply The Bloodline all as very old bearded men holding the same titles.
    I said that's a pretty accurate meme at this point. They will all still be champs years from now.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

How many guys do they have can draw heat with their mere presence? When double J shows up you know what time it is.
    I love when he shows up because people have been so conditioned to hate the King of the Mountain...it's funny to see fans get angry.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

"Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So watched Tales from the Territories about Portland Wrestling. This had Bushwacker Luke , Len Denton , Princess Victoria, and Mike Masters.

- The group really ignore 2 of Portland's biggest stars of 1980s. Rip Oliver and Billy Jack Haynes are never mentioned.

- The episode puts over the toughness Princess Victoria had. She would actually get to face men in matches and battle Royal where her brother had no clue it was fake then. That he legit tried to fight Buddy Rose.

- Masters brings up the onscreen and offscreen real life heat Buddy Rose had with Matt Bourne. That at one point he married Bourne's sister and everyone questioned if it was a "work".

Then the 2 got divorced a few months later. As Rose was cheating on her and Bourne went off. Assaulting Rose at his home and getting arrested.

- Masters , Luke and Victoria all joked that Buddy Rose favorite saying was..."Don't hurt me ok.." because he wasn't a brave guy lol.

- Piper is discussed and how great he was. Victoria bragged Roddy Piper would give you shirt off his back.

- Denton was brought in to book Portland in 1987. But realized how things were changing. The athletic commission took over and forbid blood which hurt the territory. Then they lost TV a few years later due to the changing times.

- Raven is not mentioned either as he was in Portland those final years. As he detailed he learned under Denton.

- It's revealed by Denton that Don Owen did not believe in recording ANYTHING. The show would tape and Owen would record over it. But a hero saved footage of 10-15 years of Portland Wrestling.

Buddy Rose would record and keep tapes of Portland Wrestling up til it closed in 1992.

-
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

"Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

time to change the channel.

heat is only good if it translates to something useful. lethal, sonjay & singh haven't blown up since slapnuts joined them. it gave darby and sting something to do for a month but as super said darby and sting always have something to do and probably could've done something better.

rampage was good. tag was a nice start, really cool to see anthony henry in a proper match(not getting squashed by hook) with darby even though the match was clearly about sting. main event was ok, wish they could find something better for roosh. i was so looking forward to roosh & andrade doing somehing cool. the crew he's got just isn't a good fit.