Page 512 of 902 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Britt Baker has a movie on Tubi-He Knows (2022).

Masked killer Sammy the Elf, who knows when you've been good or bad, punishes the naughty in a small midwestern town during the holidays.
    She doesn't show up till 55 minutes into the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is how Thanksgiving went in the Mysterio house

https://vxtwitter.com/theenemiespe3/...07wOCqmfX5g7DA
    Who the hell has a tree up all ready?

The last time Jarrett was in TNA in any real compacity was during the GFW merger. I'm pretty sure the company got sold to Anthem after that failed to generate interest. I get he created the company but that's like still associating Stan Lee with Marvel when he hasn't worked for them in years.
    well they weren't chanting impact sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dutch Mantell broke it down that Jeff Jarrett wasn't soley in charge here. He was a part of booking committee . Vince Russo , Dutch Mantell , Scott D'Amore , Glen Gilbertti (Disco) , Dusty Rhodes , Jim Cornette and even Jeremy Borash all seemingly weaved in and out of booking committee.
    and who put that committee together?? this is an even weaker xcuse, "it wasn't just him who sucked at booking, his partners suck at booking too." you could at least just make some **** up, like it was all disco, he just wanted to throw **** at walls.

Dutch himself booked the Knockouts for 2-3 years since no one else wanted to do it then.
    god damn it, that was the one i was ready to concede and give slapnuts credit for. no wonder the Ko's were well booked for a great run, slapnuts wasn't involved.

Jarrett was a part of it. This article in 2004 brings up him being replaced at one point. But TNA was a weird evolving door place with guys shifting in and out beyond Russo for years. lol
    so why did slapnuts suck at booking gfw as well?? committee, revolving door??
    We have to be honest here... there is a segment of these fans of AEW who were older Ring of Honor fans. They still hold a grudge over TNA making guys not work Ring of Honor then in early 2000's after a situation emerged. Remember how the old ROH fans would chant f-ck TNA during shows ? Well that is a base of what Khan has here.

Its impressive Jarrett still gets heel heat for title reigns he had nearly 20 years ago. That is impressive to see. This is how good a heel he really is.
    i must tip my hat for his dedication. intentionally booking promotions like **** just to get heat in the midcard 20yrs later. that is impressive.

PWG BOLA 2023 is happening jan 7th & 8th, so far Michael Oku & Shun Skywalker have been announced also the yearly winter special 5 dvd for $40 or 4 blu-ray for $55 is back
    https://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/
    Last edited by BigLbo; 11-25-2022 at 02:03 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    well they weren't chanting impact sucks.

and who put that committee together?? this is an even weaker xcuse, "it wasn't just him who sucked at booking, his partners suck at booking too." you could at least just make some **** up, like it was all disco, he just wanted to throw **** at walls.

god damn it, that was the one i was ready to concede and give slapnuts credit for. no wonder the Ko's were well booked for a great run, slapnuts wasn't involved.

so why did slapnuts suck at booking gfw as well?? committee, revolving door??

i must tip my hat for his dedication. intentionally booking promotions like **** just to get heat in the midcard 20yrs later. that is impressive.

PWG BOLA 2023 is happening jan 7th & 8th, so far Michael Oku & Shun Skywalker have been announced also the yearly winter special 5 dvd for $40 or 4 blu-ray for $55 is back
    https://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/
    GFW didn't even make it to TV to claim Jarrett sucked as a Booker lol. Cornette himself said Jarrett was more of...a talent relations guy who handled that in TNA. Which is what Cornette says fits Jarrett more than his current deal in AEW he feels.

But the group brought in that you think sucks had Dusty Rhodes , Dutch Mantell, and others. So 2 of the guys had experience booking promotions (more than Jeff) with Dusty booking Crockett and Florida and Dutch booking Puerto Rico and USWA lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Being honest....I don't think Jeff Jarrett ever booked his dad's territory. Lawler had the book there , then Bill Dundee awhile as well. But by the early Jarrett was off in WWF so ...yeah. Blaming a guy who never booked a territory where you had 2 really experienced guys in Dusty and Dutch here....just is hard to make work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

GFW didn't even make it to TV to claim Jarrett sucked as a Booker lol. Cornette himself said Jarrett was more of...a talent relations guy who handled that in TNA. Which is what Cornette says fits Jarrett more than his current deal in AEW he feels.
    there were tv tapings, people attended. it was what normal people would xpect from slapnuts

But the group brought in that you think sucks had Dusty Rhodes , Dutch Mantell, and others. So 2 of the guys had experience booking promotions (more than Jeff) with Dusty booking Crockett and Florida and Dutch booking Puerto Rico and USWA lol.
    xactly. dusty, dutch and corny had booked stuff that didn't suck, so if i had to guess where the suck on that committee came from.........hmmm let me think.

Being honest....I don't think Jeff Jarrett ever booked his dad's territory. Lawler had the book there , then Bill Dundee awhile as well. But by the early Jarrett was off in WWF so ...yeah. Blaming a guy who never booked a territory where you had 2 really experienced guys in Dusty and Dutch here....just is hard to make work.
    well that doesn't sound like an xcuse at all.

if you want xcuse it by his inexperience fine by me but do we agree he was a shitty booker then??

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I thought that was a nice touch, too.
    I like his Rey's wife asked why they had a camera man with them.

there were tv tapings, people attended. it was what normal people would xpect from slapnuts

xactly. dusty, dutch and corny had booked stuff that didn't suck, so if i had to guess where the suck on that committee came from.........hmmm let me think.

well that doesn't sound like an xcuse at all.

if you want xcuse it by his inexperience fine by me but do we agree he was a shitty booker then??
    So somehow the 2 veteran guys who booked before was hamstrung by Jarrett who was removed from booking committee in 2004 ?

I get being angry that somehow Jarrett ruined your viewing of TNA. But he never had complete control of booking decisions.

So somehow the 2 veteran guys who booked before was hamstrung by Jarrett who was removed from booking committee in 2004 ?
    i have no problem giving those guys their share of the blame, why can't you do the same for slapnuts??

he had the book from 02-05 and there was some terrible **** there.

I get being angry that somehow Jarrett ruined your viewing of TNA. But he never had complete control of booking decisions.
    i can still enjoy old tna, great talent and in ring action and the **** booking is actually kind of funny NOW.

you act like he never did any of the booking after that.

Jarrett role in AEW is to book the venues. They hired him to make a UK show happen. Hopefully he can expand AEW reach on the road

Jarrett role in AEW is to book the venues. They hired him to make a UK show happen. Hopefully he can expand AEW reach on the road
    which is a good role for him, the guy can hustle(conman) and he has connections. no reason to put him on tv though, not with so many guys who could use the tv time.

which is a good role for him, the guy can hustle(conman) and he has connections. no reason to put him on tv though, not with so many guys who could use the tv time.
    How many guys do they have can draw heat with their mere presence? When double J shows up you know what time it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Saw a meme online where it predicts WWE's future, and it's simply The Bloodline all as very old bearded men holding the same titles.
    I said that's a pretty accurate meme at this point. They will all still be champs years from now.

How many guys do they have can draw heat with their mere presence? When double J shows up you know what time it is.
    I love when he shows up because people have been so conditioned to hate the King of the Mountain...it's funny to see fans get angry.

So watched Tales from the Territories about Portland Wrestling. This had Bushwacker Luke , Len Denton , Princess Victoria, and Mike Masters.

- The group really ignore 2 of Portland's biggest stars of 1980s. Rip Oliver and Billy Jack Haynes are never mentioned.

- The episode puts over the toughness Princess Victoria had. She would actually get to face men in matches and battle Royal where her brother had no clue it was fake then. That he legit tried to fight Buddy Rose.

- Masters brings up the onscreen and offscreen real life heat Buddy Rose had with Matt Bourne. That at one point he married Bourne's sister and everyone questioned if it was a "work".

Then the 2 got divorced a few months later. As Rose was cheating on her and Bourne went off. Assaulting Rose at his home and getting arrested.

- Masters , Luke and Victoria all joked that Buddy Rose favorite saying was..."Don't hurt me ok.." because he wasn't a brave guy lol.

- Piper is discussed and how great he was. Victoria bragged Roddy Piper would give you shirt off his back.

- Denton was brought in to book Portland in 1987. But realized how things were changing. The athletic commission took over and forbid blood which hurt the territory. Then they lost TV a few years later due to the changing times.

- Raven is not mentioned either as he was in Portland those final years. As he detailed he learned under Denton.

- It's revealed by Denton that Don Owen did not believe in recording ANYTHING. The show would tape and Owen would record over it. But a hero saved footage of 10-15 years of Portland Wrestling.

Buddy Rose would record and keep tapes of Portland Wrestling up til it closed in 1992.

-