Page 649 of 902 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hold on , are we saying Cena didn't grow up on the mean streets and bein a Master of Thuganomics ? Guy was legit...yo. He even carried a chain and had Thug ring type deal.

-

- Ok being serious , I don't hate Theory and I actually believe some of what Cena mentioned is true. Austin Theory is 25. He obviously has a nice look and can do some decent promos. The selfie gimmick as annoying as it was , was an attempt to make him an annoying heel. One that many would get irked by.

I honestly think the next step with Theory is to do this...

Make him an annoying TikToker . Someone who annoys people with awful Tik Tok video clips. Like he is a heel who creates awful ones of fellow wrestlers. With the WWE machine behind it , he could create a nice social media presence and actually get it over to a point where Theory becomes more known for his Tik Toks and all.

I'd take him off TV a few weeks. Like a month. Then I'd build this TikTok gimmick for his character. "Ok Kevin Owens , just know....your gonna be in my next TikTok !" Pulls out phone to film Owens as he laughs. (His theme music can be a ticking clock at 1st)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This is the match where Superstar suffered his broken hip. From what is claimed he basically locked Bradley in a bear hug and held him up and it caused his broken hip. You see him in a spot loosen the hold a second as the referee rings the bell pretty quick.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Another wrestler bio pic is coming. This one is about Mildred Burke.

Charlotte Flair and Liv have been cast in the movie and JR is a producer of some level.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Cena was what they needed when the WWE went Public...He was their Golden Parachute because he appealed to kids and parents will do and buy anything for their kids, so yeah, the Male Teen and up demo didn't like Cena but the women and kids did and he sold a crap ton of merch and brought the WWE to new heights! He can't wrestle? Is he a technical genius? Nope, but he can sell and carry a match. Which is better than a lot of the WWE Stars. Did he bury? Probably but who amongst the top dogs in the WWE didn't? Legit reasons? Maybe to him, but he also put over people that many didn't like. I mean Cena was almost released and if it weren't for his ability to switch on the fly and be golden on the mic, he would have faded away and once the Ruthless Aggression era was over, it was Cena that carried the WWE.
    Miz? He put over at Mania...
    Theory? He's a kid and still did the job to him.
    Roman? The Fans(All of them) revolted against Roman and it took a few years for Roman to prove them wrong, but in 2015 Roman was being pushed to the stars and he could barely speak on the mic without fumbling his words and sure as hell couldn't carry a match.
    You don't think Roman has tried to bury someone or HHH or UT or Shawn Michaels, or The Rock or Stone Cold?
    Not sure why people hate on Cena, objectively it makes no sense...
    Last edited by krazijoe; 05-23-2023 at 01:24 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    John's hypocrisy in his part time feuds is what annoys me the most about him. With both Theory and before that Roman he went on about how much they suck, how the fans reject them as top guys but the company shoves them down our throats anyway. That's rich coming from the poster child of WWE's famous "Don't like this person? Too bad we're gonna push them anyway"

Cena spent the better part of a decade being booed out of buildings, running off most teenage and adult male viewers from the Attitude Era and regularly getting you can't wrestle chants. Did the company stop pushing him though? Nope he was destined to be the face of the company whether those fans liked it or not.

Funny how when he was the one being booed John brushed it of as "any reaction is a good reaction" but when Roman and Austin Theory are booed it's a sign they're failures who haven't earned their push. Why would not being popular in kayfabe even matter? As long as you win matches and championships that's all that should count. It'd be like saying since Nikola Jokic doesn't lead the NBA in jersey sales or All-Star votes he sucks as a basketball player. The sooner Cena and his hypocritical golden shovel fully retire off to Hollywood the better.
    What hypocrisy? If anyone can understand Theory position it is Cena. Sure the hardcore boo'd Cena out the building but he wasn't for them. He was huge with women and children. They are a far more lucrative demographic than the wrestling neck beard.

A big deal was once the WWE went with Cena and the PG direction they made TONS MORE cash than they ever did in Attitude Era. From merch like toy deals to other avenues they generated tons of cash off John Cena and the PG era. Yes the era was boring for us wishing a return to an era of take no prisoners etc. But the money made from Cena selling him to kids was pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hold on , are we saying Cena didn't grow up on the mean streets and bein a Master of Thuganomics ? Guy was legit...yo. He even carried a chain and had Thug ring type deal.

-

- Ok being serious , I don't hate Theory and I actually believe some of what Cena mentioned is true. Austin Theory is 25. He obviously has a nice look and can do some decent promos. The selfie gimmick as annoying as it was , was an attempt to make him an annoying heel. One that many would get irked by.

I honestly think the next step with Theory is to do this...

Make him an annoying TikToker . Someone who annoys people with awful Tik Tok video clips. Like he is a heel who creates awful ones of fellow wrestlers. With the WWE machine behind it , he could create a nice social media presence and actually get it over to a point where Theory becomes more known for his Tik Toks and all.

I'd take him off TV a few weeks. Like a month. Then I'd build this TikTok gimmick for his character. "Ok Kevin Owens , just know....your gonna be in my next TikTok !" Pulls out phone to film Owens as he laughs. (His theme music can be a ticking clock at 1st)
    Didn't Zack Ryder do that a few years ago with his Z True Long Island Story YouTube channel?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Didn't Zack Ryder do that a few years ago with his Z True Long Island Story YouTube channel?
    That was more on his own and YouTube. Right now there is a growing anti-Tik Tok deal where people see some as being aholes. And with a heel like Theory and his age ...it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What hypocrisy? If anyone can understand Theory position it is Cena. Sure the hardcore boo'd Cena out the building but he wasn't for them. He was huge with women and children. They are a far more lucrative demographic than the wrestling neck beard.
    Hypocrisy because he's slamming him for being pushed despite fans not liking him when John was hated by half the audience in his prime. He did the same thing with Roman and it's like c'mon, John, you were 10x more hated than Theory and Reigns combined with 10x the push. A promo like that would work better if it came from someone who didn't have the machine behind them but forced the company to push them anyway because of how undeniably popular they became. A CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Becky Lynch, Kofi Kingston those are stars who could shit on someone the company wants to get behind.

And you ever notice Cena always smirks his way through his opponents promos no selling their insults while they're made to act like they're watching their dog get executed in front of their very eyes when he lays into them? It's where the *takes off cap rubs bald spot* "fine speech" Cena meme came from.

He even told Austin if he beat him at Wrestlemania it wouldn't matter. If that’s the case what's the point of the match? Plus he dominated the majority of it and Theory had to lowblow him to win. He went out of his way to bury a young star and wonders why fans couldn't stand him for so long. Must've thought Theory was in Nexus.

Hypocrisy because he's slamming him for being pushed despite fans not liking him when John was hated by half the audience in his prime. He did the same thing with Roman and it's like c'mon, John, you were 10x more hated than Theory and Reigns combined with 10x the push. A promo like that would work better if it came from someone who didn't have the machine behind them but forced the company to push them anyway because of how undeniably popular they became. A CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Becky Lynch, Kofi Kingston those are stars who could shit on someone the company wants to get behind.

And you ever notice Cena always smirks his way through his opponents promos no selling their insults while they're made to act like they're watching their dog get executed in front of their very eyes when he lays into them? It's where the *takes off cap rubs bald spot* "fine speech" Cena meme came from.

He even told Austin if he beat him at Wrestlemania it wouldn't matter. If that’s the case what's the point of the match? Plus he dominated the majority of it and Theory had to lowblow him to win. He went out of his way to bury a young star and wonders why fans couldn't stand him for so long. Must've thought Theory was in Nexus.
    Really? I thought the whole Cena sucks BS was behind us he was popular to boo by Hangover fan boys of the Attitude Era a overrated Era if you ask me yet those same fans kept tuning in every week I'll take Cena any day of the week over this never ending Roman Reigns thing any day.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Really? I thought the whole Cena sucks BS was behind us he was popular to boo by Hangover fan boys of the Attitude Era a overrated Era if you ask me yet those same fans kept tuning in every week I'll take Cena any day of the week over this never ending Roman Reigns thing any day.
    Are people not allowed to like him? This has nothing to do with his talent btw note how nobody hated him in his rapper days. It wasn't until his LOLCENAWINS Super Cena burying everyone in sight era where fans turned on him. Is it a good thing for him to say the outcome of his match with Austin Theory was meaningless? How could Theory possibly come out of that looking good? He wins? Big deal John said the match doesn't matter. He loses? Big deal John said the match didn't matter AND he lost to a guy who didn't care about the match to begin with.

Imagine if before his Wrestlemania 21 WWE Championship match JBL told him he sucked and the outcome of the match didn't matter. Would that have helped Cena?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

John can say that because he had his audience. As long as Cena was popular with kids it didn't matter how much the core audience hated him. Austin and Roman didn't have that so Cena is justified in ripping them. Did you listen to the whole interview with Cena? He does give Roman credit for finally finding myself with the tribal chief character after years of failure. He says that Austin needs to go through a similar series of failures so he can find something that works.

Cena was ultimately right. What has the WWE done with Theory after giving him a win over Cena? Nothing. He hasn't elevated him at all.

According to this CM Punk will be on the 1st episode of Collision in June. He spent the last week signing paperwork about his return etc.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1294885...rst-collision/

They honestly should have had Cena do a 2 month program with Theory if we're looking at it now. Theory beats Cena with a low blow and crows on RAW. Then you have Cena appear as Theory mocks him for being old.

The 2nd PPV or Event match at Backlash is a No DQ match. With a Your Fired stipulation invoked. Loser is fired onscreen. People doubt Theory can seriously win but he somehow manages to beat Cena in this No DQ (likely by distraction as Cena's wife takes a bump)

Next night Cena comes out ...Vince McMahon with Theory fires him. After we get a I Will Remember You package.

Theory can spend months claiming he essentially retired John Cena. You let Theory face older stars with stipulations they get fired or retire. "I retired John Cena and Rob Van Dam the past 6 months !"

Of course Cena will come back. A new RAW GM will restore him back and you can have John Cena win the return match next year. But you spend 2023 letting Austin Theory have this.

Extraordinary Member

I think much of Cena's hate wound up being less about him and his worthiness as *a* headliner and top star, and more about how ruthlessly unforgiving McMahon was about reusing the Hulk Hogan formula of crapping on anyone else threatening to surpass the chosen Baby Face even briefly and just plugging in the same formula year-in and year-out of "Heel becomes the feud of the month, beats down Cena when it doesn't count, loses when it does."

McMahon had plenty of time to make an Attitude Era-caliber roster, with a dozen main-eventers across a decade, and to slot Cena into several bouts where the Face/Heel dynamic would be replaced with a Team Cena/Team Punk-like atmosphere... but hated that kind of organic roster treatment and wanted the story kept simplified and repetitive as log as possible. The handful of times that he either allowed someone else to break that formula or teased he would let someone break it, it paid massive dividends - the Punk feud, the ECW One Night Stand loss, Lesnar destroying him, all that worked marvelously, and we all know that if Barret and the Nexus had beat him, that might have been a fully fledged monster faction and main event star made there.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Are people not allowed to like him? This has nothing to do with his talent btw note how nobody hated him in his rapper days. It wasn't until his LOLCENAWINS Super Cena burying everyone in sight era where fans turned on him. Is it a good thing for him to say the outcome of his match with Austin Theory was meaningless? How could Theory possibly come out of that looking good? He wins? Big deal John said the match doesn't matter. He loses? Big deal John said the match didn't matter AND he lost to a guy who didn't care about the match to begin with.

Imagine if before his Wrestlemania 21 WWE Championship match JBL told him he sucked and the outcome of the match didn't matter. Would that have helped Cena?
    You can dislike Cena all you want I just don't think the resons are very good also I don't care about whatever Cena was saying about Theory I don't care how he beat Cena at WM it hasn't changed my opinion about him and from what I've seen it hasn't changed anyone's opinion about the guy