Page 401 of 902 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I can't believe I was rooting for him.

WWE is starting to feel like it's "must watch" again! Even the feuds I hate (Edge/Mysterios vs. Judgement Day) are becoming interesting.
    I read that since Vince stepped back and Triple H took over the amount of actual wrestling per hour has gone up significantly. From 17 minutes per hour to 22, or nearly a third more.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Every match on Raw is getting a lot of time. The match lengths we are getting now is what I hoped for when Raw initially went 3 hours. It weird to finally get it. The matches on the show actually get build up and there's natural transitions between segments.

More of the underutilized guys are getting TV time. I noticed how Chad Gable is being used now. On that end guys like Omos have disappeared from TV.

Raw right now is feeling like black and gold NXT.

TBS has been doing weekly old school, magazine-style previews of AEW shows. This is my favorite so far:

Love that Danhausen's nickname has spread to Billy, lol.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Every match on Raw is getting a lot of time. The match lengths we are getting now is what I hoped for when Raw initially went 3 hours. It weird to finally get it. The matches on the show actually get build up and there's natural transitions between segments.

More of the underutilized guys are getting TV time. I noticed how Chad Gable is being used now. On that end guys like Omos have disappeared from TV.

WWE has been better but still not great turning it into NXT isn't going to help I don't think.

BANNED

Road Dogg is back with the company

Astonishing Member

WWE has been better but still not great turning it into NXT isn't going to help I don't think.
    Ratings are significantly up in the HHH era so far. But we'll see if they can establish the momentum. They still need the soap opera'ish type storylines and combine it with real, good wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ratings are significantly up in the HHH era so far. But we'll see if they can establish the momentum. They still need the soap opera'ish type storylines and combine it with real, good wrestling.
    Triple H doesn't seem to be interested in doing soap opera. A lot of his booking is pretty simple

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In a news article its said Edge told the crowd at RAW he plans to retire next year. Its a darn shame Judgement Day couldn't be the final end for his career and him leading a stable. Instead it was ruined through bad moves.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The future is here

Shame WWE fired his father, would have been neat to see them together

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In a news article its said Edge told the crowd at RAW he plans to retire next year. Its a darn shame Judgement Day couldn't be the final end for his career and him leading a stable. Instead it was ruined through bad moves.
    Eh ... He gets to go out on his terms this time.

I think that is a major win.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Eh ... He gets to go out on his terms this time.

I think that is a major win.
    Had Vince and Creative not screwed up the Judgement Day storyline and stable...it would have been Edge getting some new stars over in company on his way out his final year. I like Edge came back on his terms and showed he could. Years ago people blasted Kurt Angle or Hulk Hogan who said Edge could return. Thinking one of them was an uncaring moron etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That doesn't really say much though.
    i think it says a lot. crowds in different parts of the country react differently to things. if you can make people in the south care one week and the next make people on the west coast care i think's it's fair to say making people care isn't an issue.

Come on man, isn't my opinion implied in my posts? I don't need say "IMO" all the time to imply that.

Particularly in reference to stuff that's not at quantifiable or measurable.

Fair enough.
    yes, that's why i said "i got what you meant" i only pointed it out because part of your response was along the lines of "YOU might like him, but he's bland to ME" my point stands regardless of whether or not i like him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So according to Jim Cornette more on the actual reason CM Punk shot on Hangman Page to start has came out.

- The line Punk used "Let me give you some advice..." Was basically a fire back at Page for an interview he gave.

In it Page was asked with all the veterans like Jim Ross , Mark Henry , Punk , Danielson and more now in the company does he ask for advice on things. Hangman now could have really did a better response. He basically said he doesn't feel the need to get any advice since he was part of a revolution and was at the start of AEW.

Remember how it was said the veterans are now on one side and young guys on the other ?

"I'll say it like this ...Page needs to work against Punk more than Punk needs Page." - Cornette.

But Cornette is in the camp that Hangman is a whiny piece of crap. Who originally went off script to screw up Punk a week before PPV and acts like he's a major star who doesn't need to take advice from veterans.

- EDIT before people say Cornette is lying...I searched it. Its true what he said...

https://itrwrestling.com/news/adam-p...t-take-advice/
    i'm still curious to know who the "veterans" are?? are omega & the bucks considered the young guys?? jericho is obviously not a veteran??

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I'm so confused by this whole CM Punk situation, nobody knows if it's a work, nobody knows if it's a shoot, if it's a worked shoot, started as a shoot they turned into a work. My thing is if it's a work it's kind of damaging to Hangman and if it's a shoot it's more proof Punk is a huge ******* and that AEW's lockerroom has become increasingly more toxic in the past few months. Miro and Andrade have liked tweets saying WWE used them better, the Varsity Blondes are supposedly upset over the Ass Boys squashing them, Bobby Fish complained about not being used properly in an interview and now the CM Punk drama.

If it's a work, why didn't Hangman come out to confront Punk? He's a top babyface and former World champion and one of their homegrown stars and AEW original. We know he was in the building because John Silver posted a pic of him in catering with the Dark Order. If it's a work wouldn't they have told the talent including Silver so he wouldn't expose the fact that Page indeed was there? Now it makes Adam look like a huge coward, why should fans cheer for a coward?

I think JR muttered something about not being sure if Hangman was there but if it's all a storyline anyway why not erase any doubt and have all the commentators say something along the lines of "that's not fair, Hangman isn't here to defend himself and Punk knows it." Because now, in addition to John Silver revealing Hangman being backstage it looks like Adam is scared of Punk. Horrible look for a main event face, imagine if after Big E lost his WWE title to Brock Lesnar, Brock called him out to no response from Big E.

Also haven't fans been heavily speculating that MJF will valiantly return any day now to feud with Punk? If Punk's tangled up with Hangman where would that leave MJF? If the rumors of Punk being unhappy and even threatening to quit are a work and MJF's unhappiness is supposedly a work their 2 characters are in the exact same situations. What would they even feud over? Who hates AEW more?

AEW's use of the disgruntled employee angle is beyond old if this isn't real, why portray your company as a place nobody can stand working in?
    xactly what i said. work or shoot it was bad.

Squashed by the ass boys? That's rough. That like getting squashed by Santino
    yeah, if there's ever a time for the blondes to put their foot down this was probably it. they seem like a decent team, i'd like to see them get booked as a competitive team to see what they can do.

it's definitely been a substantial improvement. it's kind of funny that their mostly getting buzz by simply rehiring wrestlers they should never have fired in the 1st place.

NXT is going to unify the main belt and the UK belt. Is UK merging with the main brand or is Europe going to have it's own lineage?

Astonishing Member

NXT is going to unify the main belt and the UK belt. Is UK merging with the main brand or is Europe going to have it's own lineage?
    UK is merging with the main NXT brand. (Everyone is already moving over, they released everyone who wasn't able to or didn't want to move to regular NXT)

Sounds like it's still awhile for NXT Europe and it will be it's own brand.

Ultimate Member

i think it says a lot. crowds in different parts of the country react differently to things. if you can make people in the south care one week and the next make people on the west coast care i think's it's fair to say making people care isn't an issue.
    I'll take your word for it because I haven't traveled around to gauge interest in Daniel Garcia.

yes, that's why i said "i got what you meant" i only pointed it out because part of your response was along the lines of "YOU might like him, but he's bland to ME" my point stands regardless of whether or not i like him.
    Your opinion on Daniel Garcia is your opinion and mine is mine.

As you said, people like Danielson but you're not crazy about him and that's ok. I don't think anyone here has tried to convince you otherwise. I'm still not sure why we are still discussing my opinion on a guy I feel is very bland.

It's a circular discussion.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-24-2022 at 11:18 AM.