Page 460 of 902 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Right now with any stories online (Good or Bad) we have to really step back and question it. A reporter for a site claims one report (about Bobby Fish etc) wasn't true and he never made it. This is sadly what were dealing with. Black and others are growing irked at the stories coming out.

I plan to not post any stories right now , rumors or not from here on out. Because its crazy to suspect you may not know if Meltz , Alavarez or any of the guys are actually on point , or people are taking things and adding to them story wise as they spread on internet. So yeah....crazy world we live in. I can't remember a time when online stories had this happening.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AEW is not in trouble like DA MELTZ and the anti-AEW crowd want it to be.
    I'm not an expert on Meltzer, but I know he's been criticized for too favorable ratings to some AEW matches (and AEW wrestlers/teams). I suspect he's not an anti-AEW type, but just someone who wants (like many AEW fans) for AEW to not ever feel like past failed promotions. If Meltz interprets every WWE-castaway as AEW becoming TNA or WCW, then I disagree with him there, but I broadly share his opinion that AEW has to find various ways to retain its identity, but I would also add that I think AEW can maintain a unique identity while learning and incorporating certain things from successful promotions/promoters.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-04-2022 at 07:36 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Andrade got beef with Sammy. It's coming from the man myself

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndradeEl...94047244390400

Anyone watch the new episode of inpact I thought it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm not an expert on Meltzer, but I know he's been criticized for too favorable ratings to some AEW matches (and AEW wrestlers/teams). I suspect he's not an anti-AEW type, but just someone who wants (like many AEW fans) for AEW to not ever feel like past failed promotions. If Meltz interprets every WWE-castaway as AEW becoming TNA or WCW, then I disagree with him there, but I broadly share his opinion that AEW has to find various ways to retain its identity, but I would also add that I think AEW can maintain a unique identity while learning and incorporating certain things from successful promotions/promoters.

What hurt TNA was not just signing ex-WWE guys. It was basically making the TNA guys there lose to them repeatedly at times and for every new WWE guy who'd come in. The idea was to get them for ratings etc but no one was moving the needle and being Hulk Hogan in WCW then. But the guys like Samoa Joe , AJ Styles , Abyss and James Storm was seemingly made to put over WWE guys to a point it became stupid.

The storyline swerves didn't help either. There was a storyline where Kurt Angle formed the Main Event Mafia. The group cost Samoa Joe the TNA World title against Sting. Who was doing his 1st heel run. Anyhow for awhile Joe was running through the MEM group and making them pay. Swearing to get to Sting and destroy him for what he had done.

This is where TNA really dropped the ball with the star they had with Samoa Joe. They suddenly on a PPV had Joe turn heel and align with Main Event Mafia...for no real reason. Beyond Nash saying the guy was destroying them 1 by 1. So they had to recruit the guy into the group. No idea why Joe joined either as it made him look stupid and end his chase there.

It was moves like this that hurt TNA. The Hogan signing (pressure by Spike executives) is what really killed the company though and plunged Dixie into debt by going live. By this point Panda was not paying the bills and as Jeff Jarrett claimed the company was turning a small profit from 2007-2009. But that had Hogan decide to kill what made TNA different (6 sided ring) and really go deep with a WWE deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Right now with any stories online (Good or Bad) we have to really step back and question it. A reporter for a site claims one report (about Bobby Fish etc) wasn't true and he never made it. This is sadly what were dealing with. Black and others are growing irked at the stories coming out.

I plan to not post any stories right now , rumors or not from here on out. Because its crazy to suspect you may not know if Meltz , Alavarez or any of the guys are actually on point , or people are taking things and adding to them story wise as they spread on internet. So yeah....crazy world we live in. I can't remember a time when online stories had this happening.
    The deal with Black, Fish, and "AEW is in trouble and WBD is going to get rid of them" is that Black, Fish, and WBD all PUBLICLY DISPUTED DA MELTZ.

He has a bone to pick because his in-house sources in both AEW and WWE are being iced out.

Dude should stick to match ratings and leave the news to Sapp, What Culture, Voices, Bleacher, etc.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

It's meltzer that's really stirring the pot. Other guys will at least verify with their sources before committing to a story. Meltzer is destroying what remains of his fragile credibility to save face.

On Rene Dupree's podcast the former Fandango discussed that there was actually a girl working outside the WWE who was the 1st dancer before Summer Rae got the role. In it Fandango detailed that this 21 year old girl actually was a real life dancer.

Anyhow the girl had a 20 year old boyfriend who would be backstage and not happy that she was there among all these guys. So he pushed her to quit even though the WWE liked her and offered her a contract.

Dupree was shocked at this because in his time boyfriends and girlfriends weren't allowed in locker room. Fandango claims things were more relaxed by 2013 and its likely even better backstage.

Later she broke up with the guy and called about the contract. But the company declined saying they had already replaced her with Summer Rae.

Netflix has had a team of "live streaming experts" (whatever that means) scouting and talking to NWA staff at the last few USA and POWERRR tapings.

Speaking of NWA, anyone watching POWERRR or USA? The whole Tyrus TV title storyline has been one of the best storylines I have seen in a while.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-04-2022 at 02:35 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I haven't watched NWA since the pandemic shut them down. I haven't kept up with it. I was interested when Matt Codona win their title and then he got hurt.

This is a crazy stat. Come January Gunther will be in WWE for 4 years. During his run he only had two clean losses

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/statu...SBP-0wzWQ&s=19

TK stated in an interview yesterday that the AEW streaming service will be coming around the time of right's fees renegotiations (so 23/24).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is a crazy stat. Come January Gunther will be in WWE for 4 years. During his run he only had two clean losses

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/statu...SBP-0wzWQ&s=19
    That statistic should come with an asterisks, as there was 7 months there where he didn't wrestle because NXT UK was shut down due to the pandemic. Still an impressive stat, none the less.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Good to read indeed. He deserves it. Though I don't think the stats or record books records the cleanliness of wins and losses. And Flair and countless others are very glad for that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

IIRC his clean losses were a survivor series match and losing his title to Ilja Dragunov, right?