Page 390 of 902 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490890 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 13529

very disappointed there was no gcw INVASION!!!! on rampage tonight. kahn leaving money on the table per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Could be right, I definitely didn't make anything of the segment at the time, because it seemed like familiar Ethan Page fare. I don't think Ethan gets as much heat (or cheers) as MJF, so I don't think the results are ever quite the same with these wrestlers.
    that's why i said "similar" not "identical" results, but then again they haven't been given the same situations/opportunities. not even an ethan page fan but i honestly have no doubt in my mind that page as an mlw midcard act could get just as much heat as mjf did. now could he get as much heat in aew as mjf did in the same situations mjf was in?? idk, but imo the results would be similar.

This Sportster writer has harped on this before, but he's at it again, and I do agree...to me it's a great example of an obvious booking mistake (Tony Khan seemingly killing something off that was working really well): (brief excerpts)

https://www.thesportster.com/aew-bry...-afterthought/
    that article is way off base to me, so much so i don't even want to start.

Yea, but even before that, he was an afterthought. Killing off his heel run (just because newly acquired Regal needed something to do?) was a big booking blunder IMHO. A blunder that if AEW doesn't get what it wants from a new TV contract, then I'm gonna think of decisions like that.
    i don't think many will agree with you on that. bcc is widely considered a big success. it's popular with fans and getting guys over.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Kross’s style and presentation is also very WWE; while I hope Trips is open to more “work rate” guys again, I think he also wants at least a handful of the monsters Vince liked. Kross was designed to be that type of monster.
    i enjoy kross so much more as a "workrate" guy than a monster. i really did not enjoy his aaa run.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-06-2022 at 12:07 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    very disappointed there was no gcw INVASION!!!! on rampage tonight. kahn leaving money on the table per usual.
    Tony must be incapable of booking invasions. This stuff writes itself. I don't understand how he doesn't see it

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    This plus does the announcement of the womans tag team tournament mean Sasha and Naomi coming back as well?
    Either that or WWE has finally accepted that they're never coming back.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Supposedly they reached a deal with Sasha and Naomi. So I wager they'll either participate in the tournament, or Challenge the winners

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Either that or WWE has finally accepted that they're never coming back.
    Considering who's already come back thanks to trips I wouldn't rule out Sasha and Naomi returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Supposedly they reached a deal with Sasha and Naomi. So I wager they'll either participate in the tournament, or Challenge the winners
    Challenging the winners makes the most sense IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

From the sounds of it, Hayter might have been banged up during her match.

Here's to her getting well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tony must be incapable of booking invasions. This stuff writes itself. I don't understand how he doesn't see it
    What is this invasion thing you guys are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From the sounds of it, Hayter might have been banged up during her match.

Here's to her getting well soon.
    ****, that was a good match. hayter imo is one of aew's most underutilized talents on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    it's just kind of a running gag about some wrestling fans wanting tony to book(roh) or claiming failure at booking(impact, well that one didn't actually happen but still)invasion angles. most recently mance warner participated in an INVASION by gcw of the battle royal at flair's event, then was booked on rampage.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Its a dig at me here who came out and said how bad the Ring of Honor booking thing is weeks ago (where I even told LBO no...you just book a better angle with ROH and why it led to Gresham's anger as we saw. Even when I didn't agree with his cussing out Khan). And my past words on Omega in Impact in 2021. I honestly just laugh this one off at this stage.

But Khan placing more people to hopefully deal with talent relations hopefully helps. Because that Gresham deal is something he could have avoided. Even if Gresham isn't someone you see a future in ...he was World Champion of your brand and was not booked too well before this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its a dig at me here who came out and said how bad the Ring of Honor booking thing is weeks ago (where I even told LBO no...you just book a better angle with ROH and why it led to Gresham's anger as we saw. Even when I didn't agree with his cussing out Khan). And my past words on Omega in Impact in 2021. I honestly just laugh this one off at this stage.

But Khan placing more people to hopefully deal with talent relations hopefully helps. Because that Gresham deal is something he could have avoided. Even if Gresham isn't someone you see a future in ...he was World Champion of your brand and was not booked too well before this.
    it's not just you, there are others who just want to see the monday night wars era booking rehashed. new 4 horsemen/nation of domination, INVASIONS, evil authority figures etc.

all wisecracking aside, did you see the gcw invasion at the flair show?? when it happened i immediately thought of you

gresham is such a great talent, he should be considered an asset to any roster. imo his size just makes him more unique.

I miss the GCW invasion at Flair's show but there's potentially one between Impact and MLW. The Major Players jumping Jacob Fatu better lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I miss the GCW invasion at Flair's show but there's potentially one between Impact and MLW. The Major Players jumping Jacob Fatu better lead somewhere
    it was on the pre-show durring the battle royal. when it happened schivonne literally screamed "it's and INVASION!!".

haven't watched mlw in a while, but fatu has been ready to move on to a major promotion for well over a year

Claudio's match was pretty good, too. And is it just me, or is Battle of the Belts the modern version of Clash of the Champions?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Claudio's match was pretty good, too. And is it just me, or is Battle of the Belts the modern version of Clash of the Champions?
    Yes. Tony described the shows as Clash of the Champions when he made the deal to do TV specials for TNT.