Page 256 of 902 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

The under card matches were good but both Rumbles were severely let down by their finishes

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is a completely out of touch company. They should be grooming the next generation of stars and getting them ready ahead.

- Your paying Kevin Owens a couple million dollars to basically book him like crap. Do nothing with him and just race to the past really. The whole deal was done to keep him from Tony Khan and well...Khan has to laugh at this.

But its not just Owens. You have AJ Styles who fans want to see in a main event or Wrestlemania. Instead if your AJ and that contract is coming up you have to be thinking...wtf am I doing here ? The company is busy booking everyone else.

Then you have Ronda Rousey , who no one was begging to see back. You have a number of women you can push here.

You know what would have been a great deal ? To put Bron Breaker in the Rumble. To have him get to final 4-5. Have him get eliminated sure but he's serving notice he will be there soon. Very soon...

Its like no one won in Rumble. The last month was spent on a part timer Brock Lesnar. Then another part timer returned and....just silly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ronda and Lesnar, huh? Way to build new stars, Vince.

Ronda looked horrible in there. Every move she made looked fake.

Speaking of the refusal to build new stars, Dakota Kai started streaming again despite Vince's edict. And tonight she tweeted about her lack of opportunities. Looks like she's officially entered "I want out" territory.
    Last edited by Noodle; 01-29-2022 at 11:43 PM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

The Men's Royal Rumble was pretty bad. Will be up there with one of the worst ever I think.

Seth-Roman had a 4-5 star match going until the finish. They had me wrapped around their finger with their storytelling.

Women's Royal Rumble was ok in the sense that it told stories, tried to get a few people over. But the lack of roster depth hurt and there way too many special appearances by wrestler who obviously couldn't go anymore and suffered quick eliminations. The early Sasha elimination took out the crowd. I think poor Melina slipped and botched her exit. The Final 2 was anti-climactic since if Charlotte won, she was going to choose Ronda anyway. Supposedly Ronda is choosing Charlotte and not Becky if you believe the dirt sheets. Ronda won without a single wrestling move and I'm not sure she even took a bump.

Becky vs. Doudrop was ok for what it was.

It Couple vs. Grit Couple was surprisingly sports entertaining. Everyone (even Maryse) got their chance to shine.

Men's Rumble was as said, baaaad. The middle of the match was so bad. There were several moments when there were no people to really root for in there. I'm actually ok with the Brock win. (I think the people who are upset both Brock and Ronda both won have a point)

Ultimate Member

I'm going to guess that both Brock and Ronda will win at Wrestlemania but won't be champs for long, then we can finally get new champions...now it's almost as if WWE doesn't understand or doesn't care that most fans want Roman to lose the belt and have for months...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Both rumble matches were trash. The biggest highlight for the women match for me is seeing Sasha as Sailor Moon. The men match can be deleted

Extraordinary Member

I’m going to agree with Michael Sidgwick said on WhatCulture’s overview of events: this is just the reality of WWE’s profitable content-creator method now, so we shouldn’t be surprised. WWE is strictly about maintaining their profitability in a manner that caters to Vince McMahon’s creative interests. This company’s nigh-exclusive interest is in milking the money out of pushing their top stars for as long as possible, with everyone else being background noise for skits and storylines that make Vince chuckle.

They’ve become the world’s most successful YouTube content provider in practice - they have a stable audience that doesn’t react enough to dips in quality for the company to change. Vince probably couldn’t be happier; even with a resurgent competition, his company can still call itself king thanks to sheer profitability, if nothing else, and he can tell himself he knows what the audience wants better than they do… because enough of them will always be there that he’s not entirely wrong. At least for now.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’m going to agree with Michael Sidgwick said on WhatCulture’s overview of events: this is just the reality of WWE’s profitable content-creator method now, so we shouldn’t be surprised. WWE is strictly about maintaining their profitability in a manner that caters to Vince McMahon’s creative interests. This company’s nigh-exclusive interest is in milking the money out of pushing their top stars for as long as possible, with everyone else being background noise for skits and storylines that make Vince chuckle.

They’ve become the world’s most successful YouTube content provider in practice - they have a stable audience that doesn’t react enough to dips in quality for the company to change. Vince probably couldn’t be happier; even with a resurgent competition, his company can still call itself king thanks to sheer profitability, if nothing else, and he can tell himself he knows what the audience wants better than they do… because enough of them will always be there that he’s not entirely wrong. At least for now.
    You think awful ratings. Awful tickets sales. Would wake vince up that just more brock vs roman ain't sell crap. Instead its just more of the same. At this point. One of three things. WWE crashes and burns hard next year. Vince dies or sells. Everyone but vince see there needs to be major course correction. Vince is boat captain telling them to going into the iceberg,

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    You think awful ratings. Awful tickets sales. Would wake vince up that just more brock vs roman ain't sell crap. Instead its just more of the same. At this point. One of three things. WWE crashes and burns hard next year. Vince dies or sells. Everyone but vince see there needs to be major course correction. Vince is boat captain telling them to going into the iceberg,
    WWE makes it money through their TV deals, ad revenue and being content providers. Ratings and live attendance isn't the lifeblood of the company anymore. WWE's profitability increased during the pandemic as staying in Florida saved them a bunch of money when it came to production. Touring and house shows is a money sink that they are better off cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE makes it money through their TV deals, ad revenue and being content providers. Ratings and live attendance isn't the lifeblood of the company anymore. WWE's profitability increased during the pandemic as staying in Florida saved them a bunch of money when it came to production. Touring and house shows is a money sink that they are better off cutting.
    But that is the point. TV companies are not happy from what I hear with ratings and stuff. That is going to hurt him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    But that is the point. TV companies are not happy from what I hear with ratings and stuff. That is going to hurt him.
    I've heard the opposite. Wrestling (in general) has never been looked upon more favorably. Both WWE and AEW are expected to get significant bumps during the next TV contract extensions.

The ratings are nowhere close to what they were but everyone else's ratings have dropped off so badly that wrestling is suddenly a commodity with a die hard fan base that won't leave. As long as their aging casual fan base continues to watch the big stuff, they don't care.

I'm going to guess that both Brock and Ronda will win at Wrestlemania but won't be champs for long, then we can finally get new champions...now it's almost as if WWE doesn't understand or doesn't care that most fans want Roman to lose the belt and have for months...
    I'd take a new champ but I actually don't think a Roman loss would change things much. WWE would give him the "A Plot" while he's on Smackdown regardless of who is Champ I feel. The issue isn't that he's the Champ, the issue is that he's over exposed. The best and longest-living ensemble TV shows actually use their ensemble cast. Wrestling works the same way.

Danhausen's new shtick is "Very Evil, Very Elite."

Hahaha ... No more mister nice guyhausen.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it wasn't all that. Roman and Seth was motn but that dq at the end...But the chair whippin at the end was satisfying. Sasha wasted again wish Bobby woulda put up more of a fight. Miz stuff was funny and bad bunny impressed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I've heard the opposite. Wrestling (in general) has never been looked upon more favorably. Both WWE and AEW are expected to get significant bumps during the next TV contract extensions.

The ratings are nowhere close to what they were but everyone else's ratings have dropped off so badly that wrestling is suddenly a commodity with a die hard fan base that won't leave. As long as their aging casual fan base continues to watch the big stuff, they don't care.
    Exactly.

Vince has been dreaming of the era when he’s guaranteed to have all the success he wants without having to respect anyone else’s opinion for decades. He’s got it right now, even if it’s more the result of regular TV shows struggling and falling apart than his product actually being that successful.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Jim Cornette essentially said this the moment Fox paid Vince $1+ billion dollars a year or 2 ago. The company no longer has to worry about going out of business or needing to change anything ahead. They have these big billion dollar tv deals and there is no need to worry about going outta business like there was in mid 1990's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.