Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1742
  1. #1291
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The real news is LA KNIGHT , dropped what he didn't need as he claims.





    Ugh the announcing is just terrible. It doesn't have the impact a Jim Ross could be selling this with.


    "Good gawd he is attacking Ted Dibiase ! WHAT THE HELL , KING !! Enough d--mn it , Knight."


    The woman trying to sell outrage is comical. But yeah WWE announcing is utter crap.
    Have you listened to JR the last five years or so? He's been pretty terrible.

  2. #1292
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but AEW seems enamored with flipping Penta between heel and face randomly lately. Actually do agree about Best Friends, but I've never gotten the feeling that AEW wants to be serious with them. Trent getting hurt after the street fight last year pretty much left them treading water seemingly forever.

    1. Page was getting top-of-the-card reactions well before he started associating with them. He very much doesn't need them.

    2. He did the same thing with the Elite back when Kenny and the Bucks were all still faces and the crowd still sided with him.



    God, Roman is such a manipulative asshole and it's amazing.
    i think that's kind of the nature of his character though. the guy is evil but sometimes he fights bad guys and people love him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    He keeps denying giving Humberto a title shot. Not that hard to figure out.



    Personally don't think he faces Rock until WM in LA. If he still has the belt by WM, I think he's dropping it to Big E(I think he drops to E regardless of when it happens, to be fair).
    7 weeks seems a bit xcessive for that. they need to give a reason humberto deserves a title shot already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Have you listened to JR the last five years or so? He's been pretty terrible.
    i agree with that.

  3. #1293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    NXT UK isn't canon. Can't blame them for that. It's hugely an uneventful show
    It had one of the best matches in all of 2020, and has consisted dominant, nigh-unbeatable champions. Just because no one pays attention to it doesn't make it uneventful.
    Last Read: Black Hammer: The Quantum Age

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Infinite Frontier, Nightwing, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman, Wonder Girl

  4. #1294
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Have you listened to JR the last five years or so? He's been pretty terrible.
    Compared to this...he's the 2nd coming of....Jim Ross. lol. In all honesty this announcing is pretty bad. The WWE as a whole doesn't have that announcer who grabs you and makes you care really.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  5. #1295
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    The real news is LA KNIGHT , dropped what he didn't need as he claims.
    I gasped when the Million Dollar Man took a bump! I assumed he couldn't since he hasn't bothered to get in the ring like the rest of the other legends. (Although from a kayfabe standpoint it also makes sense)

  6. #1296
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It had one of the best matches in all of 2020, and has consisted dominant, nigh-unbeatable champions. Just because no one pays attention to it doesn't make it uneventful.
    I think they mean that as far as WWE’s “mainstream” creative cares, it’s “uneventful” - that no matter how awesome or well done it is, you’ll never see the Raw or Smackdown creative teams treat it seriously. It has nothing to do with the actual quality of the show, but more just the fact that WWE struggles to treat NXT with appropriate respect even when they want to, so they’re not going to do anything with a spin-off.

    It’s a habit WWE should really get out of, at least with its own properties. Vince’s hated of admitting other promotions exist shouldn’t apply to people who’s checks he ultimately signs.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  7. #1297
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Compared to this...he's the 2nd coming of....Jim Ross. lol. In all honesty this announcing is pretty bad. The WWE as a whole doesn't have that announcer who grabs you and makes you care really.
    i'd take joe, graves, or barrett over jr.

  8. #1298
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Holy Shit WWE ...

    WWE’s McMahon, Board Accused of Insider Trading Over Saudi Deals.

    Best / Worst part? They filed this.

    WWE / World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. - Insider Trading and Ownership Report - SEC Form 3, 4, 5

    They were expecting a friendly IRS filing report and a pardon. What scumbags. This is their second securities violation in less than a year and this one could really end them. The current complaint echoes a securities fraud class action that settled for $39 million in December. McMahon and the board are to blame for that hit to the company’s finances and for damage to its business reputation, the suit says.

    This one will result in $300MM per infraction and could see Vince, Steph, Paul ... All go to jail because part of the charges include falsely inflating value to get better contracts with FOX and USA.

    NBC and FOX are lawyered up, too.

    Yikes ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-17-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  9. #1299
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think that's kind of the nature of his character though. the guy is evil but sometimes he fights bad guys and people love him.
    Very good point. AEW's issue is that they don't really play that up like they should.

    7 weeks seems a bit xcessive for that. they need to give a reason humberto deserves a title shot already.
    Well. I'd say the injuries between the both of them is the main culprit for tossing Ricochet in the mix and extending it.

  10. #1300
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Holy Shit WWE ...

    WWE’s McMahon, Board Accused of Insider Trading Over Saudi Deals.

    Best / Worst part? They filed this.

    WWE / World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. - Insider Trading and Ownership Report - SEC Form 3, 4, 5

    They were expecting a friendly IRS filing report and a pardon. What scumbags. This is their second securities violation in less than a year and this one could really end them. The current complaint echoes a securities fraud class action that settled for $39 million in December. McMahon and the board are to blame for that hit to the company’s finances and for damage to its business reputation, the suit says.

    This one will result in $300MM per infraction and could see Vince, Steph, Paul ... All go to jail because part of the charges include falsely inflating value to get better contracts with FOX and USA.

    NBC and FOX are lawyered up, too.

    Yikes ...
    Welp now we know what all the budget cuts were really for. 39 mil ain't chump change...

  11. #1301
    Spectacular Member MacrossPlus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Holy Shit WWE ...

    WWE’s McMahon, Board Accused of Insider Trading Over Saudi Deals.

    Best / Worst part? They filed this.

    WWE / World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. - Insider Trading and Ownership Report - SEC Form 3, 4, 5

    They were expecting a friendly IRS filing report and a pardon. What scumbags. This is their second securities violation in less than a year and this one could really end them. The current complaint echoes a securities fraud class action that settled for $39 million in December. McMahon and the board are to blame for that hit to the company’s finances and for damage to its business reputation, the suit says.

    This one will result in $300MM per infraction and could see Vince, Steph, Paul ... All go to jail because part of the charges include falsely inflating value to get better contracts with FOX and USA.

    NBC and FOX are lawyered up, too.

    Yikes ...
    That's really gonna suck for them

  12. #1302
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Holy Shit WWE ...

    WWE’s McMahon, Board Accused of Insider Trading Over Saudi Deals.

    Best / Worst part? They filed this.

    WWE / World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. - Insider Trading and Ownership Report - SEC Form 3, 4, 5

    They were expecting a friendly IRS filing report and a pardon. What scumbags. This is their second securities violation in less than a year and this one could really end them. The current complaint echoes a securities fraud class action that settled for $39 million in December. McMahon and the board are to blame for that hit to the company’s finances and for damage to its business reputation, the suit says.

    This one will result in $300MM per infraction and could see Vince, Steph, Paul ... All go to jail because part of the charges include falsely inflating value to get better contracts with FOX and USA.

    NBC and FOX are lawyered up, too.

    Yikes ...
    i think wwe's biggest problem that seems to effect all aspects of business is their mentality that everybody is a "mark" to be worked rather than treat them as customers, shareholders, investors, partners, or even employees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Very good point. AEW's issue is that they don't really play that up like they should.

    Well. I'd say the injuries between the both of them is the main culprit for tossing Ricochet in the mix and extending it.
    idk, seems like their typical booking to me.

    i'll say this again and again, josh alexander should be in the main event scene of impact. i love sami but i think josh should be the guy to take the impact title back from kenny.

    seeing kojima on tv makes me happy.

    with all the talent out there, why would they sign burt macklin?? he screams wwe reject.

    kiera hogan finding the trashbag with the name "mickie" in the dumpster was a nice touch.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-18-2021 at 03:35 AM.

  13. #1303
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,242

    Default

    Years ago before the board rebooted there was stories of Vince telling investors at meetings bizarre things like the couple years stretch where spent the time burying Kane , RVD , Booker T and Randy Orton in programs to HHH in early 2000's. Then telling them at a meeting the company had created 2 new stars ...Test and Jim Ross. There was more of course which showed Vince had issues handling the company being public.

    I think in a way Vince regretted the whole going public months after it happened. Because he was used to doing business however he wanted. Now he had to answer questions on whatever moves he made after it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  14. #1304
    Spectacular Member MacrossPlus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think wwe's biggest problem that seems to effect all aspects of business is their mentality that everybody is a "mark" to be worked rather than treat them as customers, shareholders, investors, partners, or even employees.



    idk, seems like their typical booking to me.

    i'll say this again and again, josh alexander should be in the main event scene of impact. i love sami but i think josh should be the guy to take the impact title back from kenny.

    seeing kojima on tv makes me happy.

    with all the talent out there, why would they sign burt macklin?? he screams wwe reject.

    kiera hogan finding the trashbag with the name "mickie" in the dumpster was a nice touch.
    Impact signed Maclin because they felt he never got a fair shake in WWE and they believe they can try to make him into a potential star

  15. #1305
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    8,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Years ago before the board rebooted there was stories of Vince telling investors at meetings bizarre things like the couple years stretch where spent the time burying Kane , RVD , Booker T and Randy Orton in programs to HHH in early 2000's. Then telling them at a meeting the company had created 2 new stars ...Test and Jim Ross. There was more of course which showed Vince had issues handling the company being public.

    I think in a way Vince regretted the whole going public months after it happened. Because he was used to doing business however he wanted. Now he had to answer questions on whatever moves he made after it.
    I actually remember that.

    The problem is what BigLBO pointed out, WWE (and Vince in particular) treat everything like it's work.

    It sometimes gets to the point that they play themselves.
    Black Lives Matter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •