Page 673 of 902 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723773 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 13529
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't either, i just think they should've pushed him 5-10 years sooner. it's not like he wasn't ready or good enough back then. by now he should've already been an ic/us/tag champ
    wasn't he an impact guy back then ?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    wasn't he an impact guy back then ?
    about 10yrs ago he was in impact because wwe released him in 2014, 4yrs ago he was a free agent and ended up in nwa for a minute.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    ON NXT during the promo with Carmelo Hayes, Baron Corbin said he has been main eventing for 10 years. - where? He is a mid-carder at best. lol
    People exaggerate/lie in wrestling promos...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Konnan called Bandido and Rush for being unprofessional on his podcast. According to him, those two finding success in America have inflated their egos and they asked for more money and made other outrageous demands. Not having the demands met is why they left AAA. Konnan said it wasn't in the company's budget to give them what they wanted. Warned them this sort of thing won't be forgotten

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of booking... Dutch brought up that he was given the Knockouts in TNA during that golden era. With Scott D'Amore.

- He brought up that a number of the women were more over than some of the guys on the roster. That they had gotten Gail Kim over as well as a few others.

- It was Kim who brought a tape to Dutch of Awesome Kong from Japan. Dutch told her...I want her asap here. Because he saw what he could do with her. Which he decided booking wise was to make her a female version of Abdullah the Butcher.

- And it clicked. Fans he saw would stand to watch Kong enter the ring. Because they bought in questioning...is she for real ? Early in Kong was doing what others would want and she went off her feet. After that match he told Kong....you will never leave your feet in a match til I tell you to do it in a match. Because he was selling her as something different.

- This booking went so well that TNA had never pulled a 3.0 quarter rating. They scheduled Gail Kim and Kong in a main event and it shocked everyone there. That quarter rating would only be eclipsed once....when Hulk Hogan came into TNA.

But for talent already there like Kong and Kim....it was great.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So there is a claim from a site online that AEW will be turning Jack Perry heel. I said it weeks ago that they should have turned Perry heel given how he acts at times. I think the Q&A likely made them think...this guy could do a heel turn and work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So a few days ago LA Knight did an interview and he brought up that Vince McMahon felt at age 40 that he needed to be a manager and made him Max Dupri. Once Vince was gone , Knight went to HHH and asked if he could become LA Knight again and wrestle again. The Game agreed and well...now we have a guy who many want to see become World Champion.

Its just will the WWE do it or will they push Logan Paul instead ? (It really makes Paul look like he's getting special treatment to just be inserted into MIB ladder match and maybe thats the plan for Knight to become a big face)

Either way....YEAAAAHH.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So there is a claim from a site online that AEW will be turning Jack Perry heel. I said it weeks ago that they should have turned Perry heel given how he acts at times. I think the Q&A likely made them think...this guy could do a heel turn and work.
    They've been teasing a heel turn for months dude. Hence the turn ...

Speaking of FD, ADBD worked damn near 20 minutes with a broken arm last night.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

CM Punk was in rare form as he comically razzed the Elite Canadian fans on his entrance. Knowing he was gonna get more heel heat he literally did this in a spot.

heel or face Punk doesn't care. He can make the crowd hate or cheer him. "LARIAT....LARIAT KOOOOJIMMMAA !"

EDIT : Someone posted a shoot from mid 2000s with Samoa Joe where Punk did this same deal and Joe broke down laughing. So nice call back from Punk on it.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 06-26-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Punk's behavior towards some booing Canadians is another little notch in my suspicion that a Punk heel turn may not be too far off. No guarantee or anything (I'm sure other non-televised activity has not corresponded to the particular wrestler being face vs heel). But such stories go to Punk's natural talent (or even inclination) at being the heel....talents or inclinations for which I, for one, suspect that Tony, also considering the heat from that backstage fight, will decide to lean into at some point (because enough of the crowds are leaning into it and Punk has been a face for a good while now anyway and so may be due for a change).

CM Punk Mocks The Toronto Crowd Following AEW Collision
    https://cultaholic.com/posts/cm-punk...-aew-collision
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-26-2023 at 01:33 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

So here is something I never knew. In fact it was a fact about the Texas territory wrestling system.

- Gary Hart (before he passed) explained the Texas territories and how big the state was. Everyone believes there was 3 companies working in Texas with Joe Blanchard's "Southwest Championship Wrestling" and Paul Bosch's company. Well there was those 2 companies...but Fritz Von Erich had a piece in them in a sense for years.

- Hart explained that Blanchard and Bosch never really had any top talent. I believe Blanchard had some and Bosch could book some. But they needed Fritz and the "Dallas Booking Office" to get them top talent for cards in Houston and San Antonio markets. They had 2 or 3 big cities they ran and Fritz was ok with them running those cities while World Class ran Dallas. Because the office Fritz ran would get 40% cut off the gates of those cities for talent used.

- Hart explained that he ran the booking office for a number of years. Anyone who ran in Texas would need to contact Dallas office for talent. Because what would Blanchard or Bosch do ? Fly talent in ? All the talent needed to cards from LA or Watt's or Crockett territories ? No it was easier to go through Dallas office who had 14-16 guys ready to use on cards through the week.

- Bosch would of course fly in Bruno Sammartino or a Ric Flair at times. Which the NWA would get p-ssed about but Gary Hart said , they allowed him to do this because they were still getting that cut when they booked talent after it. So Fritz didn't wanna tick off those guys because he was making money and no need to upset things.

- This system was done until 1982 or 1983. Both Blanchard and Bosch did the wrong moves. Blanchard felt he didn't need the Dallas booking office and even had a TV deal with USA Network and soon lost it. Well within a couple years his company was gone. Bosch tried to survive and aligned 1st with Bill Watts. Couldn't get along with him. Then tried Jim Crockett and that failed and finally Vince McMahon and it didn't work there , and his company was gone.

- He brought up that Terry and Dory Funk were only charged 30% from Dallas office because they didn't have major cities and they understood the percentage had to be lower if they used guys.

Extraordinary Member

Beckay Baybay for MITB!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Priceless...

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/stat...39141364555779