Page 337 of 902 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Things ain't looking so hot in AEW end. MJF isn't the only one unhappy. Reports coming in about how AEW backstage is chaotic due to the company's lack of structure.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Things ain't looking so hot in AEW end. MJF isn't the only one unhappy. Reports coming in about how AEW backstage is chaotic due to the company's lack of structure.
    As much as I admire AEW and new-to-being-a-promoter Tony Khan, even as a fan I can sense all this disorder, lack of structure, lack of maximizing the storytelling, the angles. Tony can subtly chide WWE/Vince for script-ripping, but it seems like he's ignoring the log in his own eye (my reference is to Luke 6:42...How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the splinter out of your eye,' when you don't see the log in your own eye?)

Maybe Tony should consider hiring Jim Cornette. I don't know if I'm serious, but maybe I am.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-18-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yes, slow. 7, 8, 9 are Manias where there's like 1 or 2 matches on each of those Manias that has that better in-ring action.
    I actually find 8 to be pretty underrated. Shawn/Tito was a decent opener, and then you also had Piper/Hart and Savage/Flair.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Hogan vs Warrior was, for its time, a great entertaining one. I grew up with those matches, and so I see them sorta thru two different lenses. Hogan vs Warrior still holds up some for me.
    Oh definitely for the time. I grew up during that time as well. I'm more referring to how they hold up looking back.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

As much as I admire AEW and new-to-being-a-promoter Tony Khan, even as a fan I can sense all this disorder, lack of structure, lack of maximizing the storytelling, the angles. Tony can subtly chide WWE/Vince for script-ripping, but it seems like he's ignoring the log in his own eye (my reference is to Luke 6:42...How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the splinter out of your eye,' when you don't see the log in your own eye?)

Maybe Tony should consider hiring Jim Cornette. I don't know if I'm serious, but maybe I am.
    I agree that AEW needs an experienced booker but not Jim Cornette.

Some of his views are archaic and he's something of a dinosaur when it comes to modern stuff. I listen to Corny and I love his storytelling and how he analyzes the product but I disagree with him sharply and how he views some of the modern-day aspects of wrestling.

I've been vocal about how I really struggle to engage with AEW's storylines. They have these storylines that start logically but when they end they literally don't seem to know what to do with guys next. That's where a proper booker (or even booking team) come into it. There are quite clearly a ton of guys on the roster that they don't know how to handle.

And I actually do think that MJF will do better in WWE. He has everything he needs to succeed over there.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-18-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

And I actually do think that MJF will do better in WWE. He has everything he needs to succeed over there.
    I thought the same about EC3 and look at how he ended up.

If MJF ever goes to WWE I can see being a new Miz as his ceiling .

Ultimate Member

I thought the same about EC3 and look at how he ended up.

If MJF ever goes to WWE I can see being a new Miz as his ceiling .
    Good point.

But MJF has more to him than EC3. MJF is one of the best guys on the mic in the biz.

MJF is doing well in AEW but I think he can still do something in WWE.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-18-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

MJF feels like he would need his own booking freedom to 100% reach his peak potential, which is the real issue WWE has - Vince’s desire to micromanage and determine the direction of everything and refusal to consider others’ input. MJF reportedly helps book all his own storylines, which might explain both more of why he thinks he needs more pay and why his feuds always seem a consistent appeal.

It’s why, in theory, AEW could probably solve its current issue quickly if Khan can figure out who to help him book stuff with - especially since right now, it seems like he does better when working with others because he lets them pitch ideas and has a better nose for sniffing out good ones. Early AEW and even most of the last year is pretty good; he just needs some help again.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Khan needs to lean on.Jim Ross who has experience on a booking Committee. I'd bring in someone like Dutch Mantell to help booking wise as he too has experience.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

John Morrison just debuted in AEW as Johnny Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Khan needs to lean on.Jim Ross who has experience on a booking Committee. I'd bring in someone like Dutch Mantell to help booking wise as he too has experience.
    I'm against both guys. They have a bunch of experience but they need younger experience guys in those spots. By JR own word he would have never given Orange Cassidy a chance.

I would like to see Matt Hardy, Christian and Big Show be given the book to see what they can do.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm against both guys. They have a bunch of experience but they need younger experience guys in those spots. By JR own word he would have never given Orange Cassidy a chance.

I would like to see Matt Hardy, Christian and Big Show be given the book to see what they can do.
    Just because someone is young doesn't mean they can book a product clearly. A fact that Cody Rhodes showed that he was a good wrestler and had talent. But his ideas like trying to stay a face as fans turned on him , his admitting he booked himself out of the main event of the company and knows its why it didn't work and the push of Brandi on TV ....being a young guy doesn't generally help.

Khan is the young guy in this right now. He needs the veteran people who have worked on committees and know how to go from Point A to Point C in storylines. So having Ross and Mantell there can help him. Both have worked for minor and major companies and can help.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Just because someone is young doesn't mean they can book a product clearly. A fact that Cody Rhodes showed that he was a good wrestler and had talent. But his ideas like trying to stay a face as fans turned on him , his admitting he booked himself out of the main event of the company and knows its why it didn't work and the push of Brandi on TV ....being a young guy doesn't generally help.

Khan is the young guy in this right now. He needs the veteran people who have worked on committees and know how to go from Point A to Point C in storylines. So having Ross and Mantell there can help him. Both have worked for minor and major companies and can help.
    Yeah, but do Ross and Mantell know how to appeal to AEW's Audience?

Do Ross and Mantel understand the AEW audience and what they want? Ross definitely doesn't.

How many wrestling companies are out there right now? If Ross, Mantel or Cornette's style of booking were still relevant in 2022 they'd already be booking somewhere.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans