Page 252 of 902 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

So Vince pretty much destroys anyone who comes from NXT once they get to the main show. And then wonders why ppl have stopped watching and can't invest. Maybe he was a genius at one time but def the opposite now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lio Rush announced that his AEW contract expires next month. The optics of this looks bad.
    After publicly asking Khan to apologize to Swole, I doubt Khan will renew.

Not to mention that Khan just isn't putting much stock in his black wrestlers.

Apart from Cargill, AEW's black wrestlers hardly get any TV time. Even an established guy like Lethal has largely been used on youtube although he seems to be feuding with Team Taz or something now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    After publicly asking Khan to apologize to Swole, I doubt Khan will renew.

Not to mention that Khan just isn't putting much stock in his black wrestlers.

Apart from Cargill, AEW's black wrestlers hardly get any TV time. Even an established guy like Lethal has largely been used on youtube although he seems to be feuding with Team Taz or something now.
    Lethal seems to have been dropped into the position Rush used to be in

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    It was a bad signing and AEW doesn't need him. When you look at the African American Talent they now have Swole and Rush were bottom of the barrel.
    I completely disagree. Lio Rush was actually AEW's best most well-rounded black/AA talent (in ring & on the mic)(he is deserving of being AEW champion even I think). But he sabotaged his relationship with Tony Khan, for basically nothing, no good reason. It's really tragic.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-23-2022 at 07:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Way back in the 80's, when the WWF used enhancement talent on a lot of their shows, in much the same format that Dark/Elevation does now, it never bothered me. Partly cos I was a kid and I didn't care. But more so, because when the WWF told me someone was a two-bob local talent, then I'd believe that. Cos with no internet, it's not like I had any way of knowing any better. And when said talent then got their ass easily kicked by a "proper" WWF wrestler, that made perfect sense.

Fast Forward 30+ years to today though, and here's AEW doing exactly the same thing (even down to the local-wrestler-already-in-the-ring-give-the-crowd-a-little-wave-when-your-name-appears intros), but in a very different landscape. Cos now I know who a lot of these supposed jobbers are. And I know how good they are. So when wrestlers like Janai Kai or Willow Nightingale are being jobbed out to the likes of Velvet and Rhodes in a couple of minutes, my kayfabometer has a bit of meltdown.

Subsequently, booking that back in the 80's had felt perfectly reasonable to me, now comes across as... a sort of arrogance. It's like, the idea that purely because someone is signed with AEW, they're automatically better than anyone that isn't. Which sure, is basically the entire point. But I do still feel like it wouldn't hurt have hurt AEW (or their wrestlers) if the results had been a little more unpredictable, and visiting wrestlers could have picked up wins too. I say that in the past tense, as it would have had to have been a thing pretty much from the start. They're probably too far gone to change it now.

But in a world where it's now a simple task to find out more about a wrestler you might not have already heard of (particularly for the audience of a show which only airs online anyway!), and with AEW still making such a big whoop about the importance of wins and losses (which becomes meaningless when wrestlers will just automatically wrack up the W's however frequently they appear on Dark), then surely having a more "competitive" structure to Dark/Elevation wouldn't have been such a bad thing, would it?
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like to see more competitive matches on dark and elevation just to make those shows less repetitive. The shows are are boring seeing squash matches back to back.

Unless AEW plans on signing an outsider or serves as a tryout match (like with Jake Atlas) they shouldn't win. It doesn't help AEW letting someone who isn't signed beat an established star in their company.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I never knew this existed til now. As one interviewer brought up to the YouShoot interviewer (the guy did shoot interviews with Kevin Nash to RVD). Anyhow the funniest one was Vampiro who has a reputation for stretching the truth. Such a reputation that Vince Russo and Disco Inferno decided to do a score on possible lies and truths. Russo makes it clear , both of them love the guy and some of the zany crap he'd come up with.

Disco brings up how Vampiro was either late or missed a show. So he claims the airplane door fell off. A fact Vampiro he claims still tells him this happened. Even as crazy as it sounds....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Brian Kendrick requested his release

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Brian Kendrick was still in WWE ? Jeeze that is wild. Last I heard he was helping in NXT wasn't it ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Brian Kendrick was still in WWE ? Jeeze that is wild. Last I heard he was helping in NXT wasn't it ?
    He was on TV a few weeks ago on NXT. He was the agent Holland threw off a flight of stairs during one of his rampages. A match between the two was booked but never happened. But yea, he's been working backstage on NXT for a while.

Nick Khan said WWE isn't looking to sell
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ly-taken-calls

Nick Khan said WWE isn't looking to sell
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ly-taken-calls
    But if someone makes the right offer lol

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

He probably saw the writing on the wall with the new NXT 2.0 regime and decided to jump ship before he was pushed out the door like so many other black and gold era NXT people.

Hi. Is anyone here buying the wwe 2k22 game? if yes...is anyone dissapointed that there really is not a physical special edition? I mean only standard and deluxe get a physical release. The nwo edition is only digital. I really don't see a point in buying a digital only nwo edition. and the deluxe really is nothing special aside from the fact that it includes the season pass.

I am waiting to see more gameplay footage.

Honestly, AEW's game looks better so far.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium