Page 170 of 902 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Word around the DERT SHEEETZ is that "the boys in back" in WWE are over the moon for Big E's run.

And that a rebellion is brewing if Big E is not treated with respect while he has his run.
    I read that the Smackdown guys wanted to be in Boston to see in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I read that the Smackdown guys wanted to be in Boston to see in person.
    That's awesome!

Man, even guys not there are pulling for him. Wyatt just tweeted about him. Love it when a person like that wins.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-16-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Tommy Dreamer coming off as a piece of **** in the newest episode of Dark Side of the Ring. He's defending Ric Flair commenting sexual misconduct

https://twitter.com/bulletclubita/st...017992192?s=21

https://twitter.com/bulletclubita/st...929064971?s=21

Astonishing Member

kenny williams luck ran out as noam dar advances
    rampage brown rampage brown rampage brown or will nathan fraizer perhaps a-kid be the next challenger for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NXT_Un...m_Championship
    charlie dampsey is coming soon
    can the coffey brothers take the tag titles from pretty deadly?
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-16-2021 at 11:16 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's all very subjective and arbitrary of course, but I think Omega's prime started around say 2012 (or even after), so I'd say yes and no as far as what one defines as "rapidly approaching" IMHO.
    i think often(in pro wrestling) people correlate the start of ones prime with when they got the opportunity to show how good they were. the omega/brianson match happened in april of 09, at the end of that year he won the BOLA and pwg championship. by 2010 he was probably ready for the bigger stages just need the chance to prove it.

But Omega was very good in 2009, I don't want it to seem like I'm taking too much from him. We'll just never know what that '09 match might have been had it been serious, I don't just assume that the hypothetical serious 2009 match would be like if they hypothetically wrestled in 2018 in NJPW (2018 Japan being the super ideal year & venue for these two to have wrestled IMHO, sorry AEW).
    it's never been a dream match for me anyways as i'm not a fan of either of them. don't get me wrong i recognize how talented each of them are, they've just never been guys i want to cheer. that said i'd probably prefer the match with the comedy spots as i enjoy both guys more when they're being funny.

i KNOW i'm in the minority but i'd far more enjoy a hybrid dolphins vs men of low moral fiber match at that shitty legion hall in reseda circa 2009 than a singles between brianson and omega at the dome or whatever in 2018 or even in aew now.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's awesome!

Man, even guys not there are pulling for him. Wyatt just tweeted about him. Love it when a person like that wins.
    oh oh, this could be a bad thing. vince might have to make an xample of somebody.

Tommy Dreamer coming off as a piece of **** in the newest episode of Dark Side of the Ring. He's defending Ric Flair commenting sexual misconduct

https://twitter.com/bulletclubita/st...017992192?s=21

https://twitter.com/bulletclubita/st...929064971?s=21
    i pray, please god do not put andrade with flair. flair doesn't know how to put over anybody but himself these days. well MAYBE charlotte.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One aspect of the Plane Ride from Hell I never knew. I knew about Henning and Lesnar , Michael Hayes ponytail , Flair strutting around naked under his robe as usual (its been said Flair does that at times while partying) and general crazy.

But I never knew Vince McMahon was on that flight with Linda. They both were right there and basically left it to Jim Ross to try and get order. (Ross tried and did get Dustin to sit and pass out asleep)

Jim Ross taking all the blame on that is crazy. The actual boss is sitting there with him.

Had Vince walked to the front and told everyone to knock it off etc...its 99% sure they'd listen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also I never knew it was that bad with flight attendants and wrestlers either. That it led to lawsuit settlement etc. I knew Flair went around naked. But never knew that or Scott Hall deal happened. (I had heard Hall passed out on plane due to things but not grabbing a woman etc)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One aspect of the Plane Ride from Hell I never knew. I knew about Henning and Lesnar , Michael Hayes ponytail , Flair strutting around naked under his robe as usual (its been said Flair does that at times while partying) and general crazy.

But I never knew Vince McMahon was on that flight with Linda. They both were right there and basically left it to Jim Ross to try and get order. (Ross tried and did get Dustin to sit and pass out asleep)

Jim Ross taking all the blame on that is crazy. The actual boss is sitting there with him.

Had Vince walked to the front and told everyone to knock it off etc...its 99% sure they'd listen.
    Yeah, the whole thing was a LOT worse than I thought it was.

EDIT: It also exposed just how much sexual assault was pervasive.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-17-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think often(in pro wrestling) people correlate the start of ones prime with when they got the opportunity to show how good they were. .at the end of [2009] he won the BOLA and pwg championship
    Maybe, but I don't think "primes" always correlate with winning tourneys and titles either (whether indie or WWE or some promotion in between). Too many correlate primes with that as well. Kurt Angle wasn't in his prime IMHO when he won his first WWE title in Nov 2000 (though I admit Nov 2000 Kurt was "rapidly approaching" his prime at that point, because he had one of the uncommonly fastest learning curves I've seen in pro wrestling history).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-17-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

McMahon wrestled Angle on the plane...which is why Hennig's firing was BS. I'm not sure why Michael Hayes got off from being fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    McMahon wrestled Angle on the plane...which is why Hennig's firing was BS. I'm not sure why Michael Hayes got off from being fired.
    He has friends in the right places.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

The person who should have undoubtedly been fired was Ric Flair.

He sexually assaulted the air hostess.

Jim Ross was speechless when he was asked about Ric Flair because seriously...what he did was indefensible.

Tommy Dreamer has been suspended by Impact
    https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/sta...141779979?s=19

Ultimate Member

Tommy Dreamer has been suspended by Impact
    https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/sta...141779979?s=19
    LOLOOLOLOL.. Tommy Dreamer pretty much cancelled himself with the nonsense he was saying in the doc.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player