Page 174 of 902 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 13529

Dustin was already punished.

Ric never was.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Oh…i see.

I wasn’t aware of that.
    I wasn't either until I saw an article about things not shown in Vice episode. I wouldn't have ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dustin was already punished.

Ric never was.
    How exactly was Dustin punished ? He too kept his job. He worked in WWE a full year and half after this til Fall 2003 when his contract wasn't renewed. He'd work for TNA , Japan , Indies and back again in WWE til 2019. Tommy Dreamer was punished more than Dustin Rhodes has ever been punished in wrestling and Dreamer was punished for being an ******* in an interview segment on this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    How exactly was Dustin punished ? He too kept his job. He worked in WWE a full year and half after this til Fall 2003 when his contract wasn't renewed. He'd work for TNA , Japan , Indies and back again in WWE til 2019. Tommy Dreamer was punished more than Dustin Rhodes has ever been punished in wrestling and Dreamer was punished for being an ******* in an interview segment on this.
    Dustin was fined, "suspended" (I believe depushed, not sure if it was a real suspension or not) & went to rehab.

It was mentioned by JR in the episode and was common knowledge already. "Fine him or fire him" was the line. "He had personal demons to deal with, too." That kind of stuff.

Dreamer's problem was he thought he was being funny and he downplayed the sexual assault. That doesn't fly anymore. It shouldn't surprise anybody. He defended Ric's behavior. Look how RVD handled it in the documentary for how to handle that kind of stuff in a better way.

In addition to Ric getting away squeaky clean, Brock never got punished either. He could've killed people during his brawl with Hennig. Curt was fired ... Brock? Not so much.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-21-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Dustin was fined, "suspended" (I believe depushed, not sure if it was a real suspension or not) & went to rehab.

It was mentioned by JR in the episode and was common knowledge already. "Fine him or fire him" was the line. "He had personal demons to deal with, too." That kind of stuff.

Dreamer's problem was he thought he was being funny and he downplayed the sexual assault. That doesn't fly anymore. It shouldn't surprise anybody. He defended Ric's behavior. Look how RVD handled it in the documentary for how to handle that kind of stuff in a better way.

In addition to Ric getting away squeaky clean, Brock never got punished either. He could've killed people during his brawl with Hennig. Curt was fired ... Brock? Not so much.
    In fairness to Brock, it was Curt that set him off.

I think that's why Curt got the brunt of the punishment.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

No one is excusing the terrible crap Dreamer said for sure. Dustin may have been fined but as far as being pushed on TV he was in a tag team awhile with Booker T on TV. So he didn't exactly suffer much here. His punishment doesn't seem to have been much.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    In fairness to Brock, it was Curt that set him off.

I think that's why Curt got the brunt of the punishment.

Also at this point Vince was putting a LOT behind young Brock Lesnar. He was gonna become the 1st post Attitude Era superstar made. Brock was a made man like Flair on that plane. Because he was seen as the future big star.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Really enjoyed last night's Raw. Vince put his top tier on display. Big E looked like he belonged at the top of the food chain. Roman went over and even though Lashley took the pin he came off as the ultimate (full time) threat to either (or both) champions. This is a formula that can't be often repeated, well maybe it can until Survivor Series but it was good to see WWE make the effort. Competition is good for pro wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No one is excusing the terrible crap Dreamer said for sure. Dustin may have been fined but as far as being pushed on TV he was in a tag team awhile with Booker T on TV. So he didn't exactly suffer much here. His punishment doesn't seem to have been much.
    It doesn't sound like Dustin is out of the woods yet BUT ... I will hazard a guess that he will be remorseful unlike Ric.

Dustin may have the horrors of that flight coming after him sooner than later.

Also at this point Vince was putting a LOT behind young Brock Lesnar. He was gonna become the 1st post Attitude Era superstar made. Brock was a made man like Flair on that plane. Because he was seen as the future big star.
    I want to say JR said that's why Ric got a pass. I could see the same being said of Brock, too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bron looks so much like his dad but sounds like his uncle. Even uses the same language.

Not even 5 minutes after KUSHIDA drops the title he's already pushed aside for Generic New NXT Guy #17.

I get there's an audience for this new NXT, and last week's episode seemed to have a positive reaction online, but this just isn't for me. They keep throwing all these new guys out like they're a big deal yet they've yet to give me a reason to think they actually are. The shows have, like, one actual match and the rest are enhancement talent squashes. The emphasis of "characters" over "wrestlers."

I barely watch Raw and Smackdown now but I would watch NXT regularly because it lacked everything I disliked about the main roster. Now it's just main roster if it was booked by someone with ADHD. I think I'm out.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not even 5 minutes after KUSHIDA drops the title he's already pushed aside for Generic New NXT Guy #17.

I get there's an audience for this new NXT, and last week's episode seemed to have a positive reaction online, but this just isn't for me. They keep throwing all these new guys out like they're a big deal yet they've yet to give me a reason to think they actually are. The shows have, like, one actual match and the rest are enhancement talent squashes. The emphasis of "characters" over "wrestlers."

I barely watch Raw and Smackdown now but I would watch NXT regularly because it lacked everything I disliked about the main roster. Now it's just main roster if it was booked by someone with ADHD. I think I'm out.
    Hey! No shame to dropping a title to Rodrick Strong. The guy is a former NXT tag and North American champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hey! No shame to dropping a title to Rodrick Strong. The guy is a former NXT tag and North American champion.
    I have zero issue with KUSHIDA dropping the belt to Strong. My issue is with KUSHIDA being an immediate afterthought in order to transition into yet another new guy that I'm supposed to think is worthy of a title shot because......reasons?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Really enjoyed last night's Raw. Vince put his top tier on display. Big E looked like he belonged at the top of the food chain. Roman went over and even though Lashley took the pin he came off as the ultimate (full time) threat to either (or both) champions. This is a formula that can't be often repeated, well maybe it can until Survivor Series but it was good to see WWE make the effort. Competition is good for pro wrestling.
    Not going to lie, I kind of see last night’s Raw as proof that WWE is easily able to do what it needs to with only minor pressure being felt *and acknowledged* by Vince. The issue, of course is whether or not his preference for what end up being systemic problems with his product overcome the clear common sense he can and does have and occasionally uses.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I have zero issue with KUSHIDA dropping the belt to Strong. My issue is with KUSHIDA being an immediate afterthought in order to transition into yet another new guy that I'm supposed to think is worthy of a title shot because......reasons?
    Considering the direction NXT wants to take the entire cruiserweight division will be an afterthought. Maybe Kushida can go back into the North American title hunt.

Astonishing Member

i just gargno to become grand slam john
    gargano vs strong for the title
    even if it leads into the way vs diamond mine
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-22-2021 at 04:42 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm excited like it's a PPV for Dynamite and Rampage. AEW to their credit has had a better build up to this special (which I hear may become annual).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”