Page 311 of 902 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411811 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sheamus match got cut from the card. I would have cut time from Charlotte vs Ronda knowing how much of a dumpster fire that ended up being
    How it is that Wrestlemania is now split over two days, and they still can't manage time well enough to not cut any matches for time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Night 1 sucks.
    On the contrary, Night One was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    On the contrary, Night One was amazing.
    To each their own but I didn't like it it a few good parts but nothing amazing...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cody's interview with Variety detailed a few things...

- He has no plans to cut a big shoot promo on AEW. That nothing nefarious happened there. That it was more creative etc on his departure.

- He praised Tony Khan and everyone. That he's happy with what they built there.

- He clearly has his sights set on 1 goal. He wants the WWE title. His father never got that so he wants to achieve it.

- He is carrying the very WWWF World Championship belt that Superstar Billy Graham had. Who faced his dad in 1977. The belt is in his bag. (We likely will see him bring it out on TV soon)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

mox vs biff looks pretty fukn sweet

biff busick is such a great wrestling name

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Add me to the list that impressed with Day 1 of Mania more than I thought I would be.

1. Highlight of the night was the Stone Cold - KO match. Probably more Nostalgia than anything else but was surprised how good Austin looked in that match.

2. Match of the night was Becky - Bianca, followed by Cody and Seth. Cody got the 2nd largest pop next to Austin.

3. Rest of the card was predictable. Flair - Rousy had the missed pins, ref bump part, plus we weren't getting both Women's titles changing hands on the same night, Miz match was the typical chicken **** heel Miz match that we have seen for the last 10 years, McIntyre won as he should of, and the Uso's (yawn) retained. Not sure if Boogs injury is legit or not, but maybe that effected the outcome?

Overall, outside of the Uso's retaining, the matches all went how I thought they would. Looks like the New Day - Sheamus/ Holland match is now on Sunday. It was cut due to some matches running longer than expected.

I'm not shocked Austin looked good. He got a ring last summer and likely was working out and taking bumps for a good while to get himself back. You saw moments where you had to think Steve was flashing back 25 years ago. The clips and look on his face was someone who clearly missed it. Now Vince has to try and convince him if the stories are true...will Austin do more matches ? He went 20 minutes from reports and he clearly showed he can raise hell.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Cody's interview with Variety detailed a few things...

- He clearly has his sights set on 1 goal. He wants the WWE title. His father never got that so he wants to achieve it.

- He is carrying the very WWWF World Championship belt that Superstar Billy Graham had. Who faced his dad in 1977. The belt is in his bag. (We likely will see him bring it out on TV soon)
    I am sure long term plans are for him to hold the WWE title. There are rumors that eventually there will be a 2nd main title, with a tournament to determine the champion. Reigns will be holding the Unified title hostage for months if not a year (if the rumors of the ME at Mania 2023 being him vs the Rock, are true?) And the E is too big right now to not have a main title for both shows, especially since we all know they aren't taking the title off Reigns any time soon.

Well, I guess I have to eat some crow. I didn't believe it until I saw it, but now I believe it. I just hope Cody is getting paid, because I seriously doubt they'll ever let him be at the top of the card the way he was in AEW. Intercontinental Champ, yes. US Champ, yes. But WWE Title or Heavyweight Title? I don't think so.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Well, I guess I have to eat some crow. I didn't believe it until I saw it, but now I believe it. I just hope Cody is getting paid, because I seriously doubt they'll ever let him be at the top of the card the way he was in AEW. Intercontinental Champ, yes. US Champ, yes. But WWE Title or Heavyweight Title? I don't think so.
    I don't think they would bring back Cody with all his stuff intact if they were going to make him a midcard act. He will get a main-event run but I don't expect him to stay there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't expect him to stay there
    Nobody ever 'stays there'. That doesn't mean they can't contribute in other top-tier ways, nor does it mean they can't climb back up.

Look at the many instances Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins have been pushed up and down the cards in the last few years...and yet look at them here, both had arguably the two biggest main events on the card
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 04-03-2022 at 11:17 AM.

and yet look at them here, both had arguably the two biggest main events on the card
    There's only one main event, regardless of what the others are marketed as.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    To each their own but I didn't like it it a few good parts but nothing amazing...
    if it had "a few good parts but nothing amazing" how does that translate to "sucks"?

Nobody ever 'stays there'. That doesn't mean they can't contribute in other top-tier ways, nor does it mean they can't climb back up.

Look at the many instances Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins have been pushed up and down the cards in the last few years...and yet look at them here, both had arguably the two biggest main events on the card
    In Owens case a lot of people were like...really ? He gets to face Steve Austin in his big return match after 19 years away ?

A lot is due to this **** booking of moving guys up/down so much people lost caring. AJ Styles has been lucky on this but guys like Owens has suffered from this the last decade.

Hell...even when something CLICKS like back in 2018 or 2019 with The Fiend the company's up/down approach kills the momentum. The WWE had gold with that...and had him de-pushed.

Its why the whole , no one is special and we don't need another Cena or Rock approach has hurt things. When you have folks pulling out 50+ Bill Goldberg , hoping Austin can return for more and now teasing Undertaker returning.....its not good.

They have to legit get behind a talent like Cody while he's hot...and push...and push. You need that next big star for a decade. If its Cody Rhodes you ride him. If its Bron Breaker...yep same.